HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:27 PM
Joined Apr 2009
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaker777 View Post
Hi Davy, Have you givin any thought to adding multyplayer to the sim?
Hi Shaker777, congrats on those very original models (and figuring out the model format )!
Yes, I've actually done some work already on multiplayer, but it's a complicated feature. It might take some time before I get it working satisfactory.

Cheers!
Davy
GeneralFailure is offline Find More Posts by GeneralFailure
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:23 PM
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
AWESOME, you and you sim are the BOMB, Davy. Thankyou for all your hard work.

Kevin
Shaker777 is offline Find More Posts by Shaker777
Old Mar 01, 2012, 10:36 PM
United States, OH, Westlake
Joined Mar 2002
4,442 Posts
Davy,

It would be cool to leave trails from the wingips, each a different color, to help out with aerobatics. I'm having a ball with the recent SE5a and Eastbourne models.
kdahlhaus is online now Find More Posts by kdahlhaus
Old Mar 04, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined Apr 2009
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdahlhaus View Post
Davy,

It would be cool to leave trails from the wingips, each a different color, to help out with aerobatics. I'm having a ball with the recent SE5a and Eastbourne models.
Good idea. I'll add it to the list, but can't promise anything with regards to timing, it's a long list

Davy
Old Mar 11, 2012, 04:04 AM
United States, OH, Eaton
Joined May 2006
1,133 Posts
I am trying out the depron P-51D because it looks like a plane I have. The problem is it flies way faster than mine and won't stay level in flight. How can I change this?
chris1379 is offline Find More Posts by chris1379
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:11 PM
NSW, Australia
Joined Feb 2011
2,121 Posts
Chris, it sounds like you may need to reaclibrate your controller. Also, some planes will dive or climb a bit depending on the thrustline relative to their centre of mass.

You should recalibrate your controller first, then try tweaks to the model properties. I would start by raising the thrust line slightly and seeing how that affects it.

Cheers - boingk
boingk is offline Find More Posts by boingk
Old Mar 18, 2012, 09:19 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2010
193 Posts
Separate Aileron Channels For Transmitter Mixes ?

I want to setup my planes with separate servos/channels for each aileron,
then program transmitter mixes to give differential ailerons and flaperons,
is there a way to make R/C Desk Pilot work with separate aileron channels?

Thanks
JD-Slow-Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by JD-Slow-Thumbs
Old Mar 19, 2012, 01:45 AM
United States, WA, Kirkland
Joined Sep 2010
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDickey View Post
I want to setup my planes with separate servos/channels for each aileron,
then program transmitter mixes to give differential ailerons and flaperons,
is there a way to make R/C Desk Pilot work with separate aileron channels?

Thanks
I too would like to do this for flaperons and such.
numanair is offline Find More Posts by numanair
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:25 PM
Joined Apr 2009
343 Posts
Well, you can do flaperons with RCDP, but the mixing is done by the sim and not by the tx. There is also a difference between the visual appearance and the actual flight model: the flight model doesn't care if the flap effect is achieved with flaperons or flaps.
If you're interested, the flaperon can be achieved using the same technique as the v-tail mixing on the sloap soarer. I think it is also explained in the aircraft editor manual.
So, in short: no, unfortunately you can't do transmitter mixing to get flaperons. But I have received several requests for it...

Cheers,
Davy
Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:10 PM
Joined Oct 2010
70 Posts
Is their any update on the tri or quadcopter? Oh and btw great sim the only sim that works on my pc.
RCICE is offline Find More Posts by RCICE
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:03 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2010
193 Posts
Separate Channels For Transmitter Mixes

Quote:
Separate Channels For Transmitter Mixes
No, unfortunately you can't do transmitter mixing to get flaperons.
But I have received several requests for it...
Davy,
Thanks for the straight answer.
Another application for transmitter mixes would be for delta elevons, I would like to reduce the rolling aileron function while keeping the pitching elevator function.
Thanks
John
JD-Slow-Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by JD-Slow-Thumbs
Old Apr 08, 2012, 01:18 PM
da Perfesser
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Apr 2012
138 Posts
Trying to learn basics

Hello, I'm using the RC Desk Pilot to learn basic throttle, elevator, rudder control. My current real plane is a Parkzone Ember 2 (ultralight, high dihedral, no ailerons). In Desk Pilot, the closest model I've found to the Ember is the J-Bug but the J-Bug (unlike other models) doesn't make sound so I can't easily tell where I have the throttle set. This is complicated by me using an xBox 360 controller wired into my PC's USB hub -- the left joystick, used for the throttle, always centers yet the J-Bug's throttle setting doesn't necessarily go to 50% when the stick centers, e.g., if I pull the throttle all the way back and then let go the J-Bug's prop says still. My questions are:

1. Is there a J-Bug model for RC Desk Pilot that does make sound?

2. Is there another model for RC Desk Pilot that mimics the Ember?

I've searched and searched and found lots of user-created models but the silent J-Bug is the best I've found so far to mimic the Ember.

TIA
YosefAugers is offline Find More Posts by YosefAugers
Old Apr 08, 2012, 04:34 PM
Joined Feb 2007
3,657 Posts
Look around post 1065 for some electric motor wav files. You just have to import the sound file in the jbug. You can "steal" any motor .wav file from any other model that you would happen to like as well.
tymbrewolf is offline Find More Posts by tymbrewolf
Old Apr 08, 2012, 04:35 PM
Joined Feb 2007
3,657 Posts
you can also spend about $18 for a usb controlller that will mimic a cheap radio simulator

several places to buy them. Here is one:

http://www.nitroplanes.com/newrcte6chfl.html
tymbrewolf is offline Find More Posts by tymbrewolf
Last edited by tymbrewolf; Apr 08, 2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 04:36 PM
United States, WA, Kirkland
Joined Sep 2010
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YosefAugers View Post
Hello, I'm using the RC Desk Pilot to learn basic throttle, elevator, rudder control. My current real plane is a Parkzone Ember 2 (ultralight, high dihedral, no ailerons). In Desk Pilot, the closest model I've found to the Ember is the J-Bug but the J-Bug (unlike other models) doesn't make sound so I can't easily tell where I have the throttle set. This is complicated by me using an xBox 360 controller wired into my PC's USB hub -- the left joystick, used for the throttle, always centers yet the J-Bug's throttle setting doesn't necessarily go to 50% when the stick centers, e.g., if I pull the throttle all the way back and then let go the J-Bug's prop says still. My questions are:

1. Is there a J-Bug model for RC Desk Pilot that does make sound?

2. Is there another model for RC Desk Pilot that mimics the Ember?

I've searched and searched and found lots of user-created models but the silent J-Bug is the best I've found so far to mimic the Ember.

TIA
You can add sound by copying it from another model and using the editor to choose it (actually, the aircraft editor should copy it for you).
numanair is offline Find More Posts by numanair