HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2012, 08:07 PM
Joined Nov 2009
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaswildcat View Post
Hello

Does anyone know if the Alula in the sim flys like the actual model? I can't get the sim version to come down! Thanks
Hmmm , I made the Alulah (the sim version) and was told by Robert (the Alulah's creator) that it flew pretty near to the actual thing. There hasn't been any other problems mentioned about it.
Can you elaborate a bit more?
Do you get this reaction with any other planes?
Maybe try checking the 'expo' setting for the elevators in the controller settings and/or calibrating your controller in the window's control options/game controllers. I've had to do that to get a proper control response.
Eves is offline Find More Posts by Eves
Last edited by Eves; Feb 21, 2012 at 08:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2012, 08:48 PM
NSW, Australia
Joined Feb 2011
2,120 Posts
I think hes saying that it just seems very efficient is all - which it certainly does seem to be!

Watching videos and the like of the real thing I'd say it flies pretty near to it, too.

Cheers - boingk
boingk is offline Find More Posts by boingk
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:41 AM
Joined Mar 2005
5 Posts
Yes, what I meant is that it flys amazingly well, I may have to get the kit!
Thanks for the replies.
thomaswildcat is offline Find More Posts by thomaswildcat
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Nov 2009
151 Posts
Awww, that's great guys. I often take things too literal.

The flight physics were derived from entering the actual specs. (weights and measurements), following the Alulah threads and watching the vids. Of course it's not a 100% accurate simulation (what is?), but as close as I could get without flying one myself. I wish it had a little more gliding speed in the sim, but that would mean messing around with some of the actual specs and I decided to leave them 'as is' at the time.

The Alulah is mostly wing... it does have a great glide ratio. A well designed and thought out plane. I'm sure the real thing is even more fun to fly. I've been thinking hard about getting one myself.

Thanks for the complements guy's. I'm sure Robert the BlueFalcon appreciates it too.

for those who may have missed it, here it is again.
Click on the pic for the Alulah files.

Eves is offline Find More Posts by Eves
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:24 PM
Clarksburg, Wv
Joined Jan 2008
37 Posts
Just downloaded R/C Desk Pilot as I'm getting back into flying. I got out because I couldn't afford to buy new planes and gear once I destroyed them (and I didn't have a good place to fly). I'm back because I decided who needs money anyways? HA!

I tried this sim before deciding if I want to buy either Phoenix or RealFlight. After trying this one I don't think I will buy either. GREAT JOB! And the fact that it is free is awesome. I've been flying with a CHEAP Dynam USB TX and it works great.

Thanks for all the great work! And to the guy that made the SuperCub model thank you very much. I decided to "come back" with a RTF supercub after learning that my "top-of-the-line" DX6 isn't compatible with anything anymore Flying the SC in the sim has been great. I haven't put the real one up in the air yet.

THANKS to all involved. I am very much appreciative!!
nonameface is offline Find More Posts by nonameface
Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined Feb 2012
13 Posts
can i use my dx6i, and how? (usb, etc)
acs23 is offline Find More Posts by acs23
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:44 PM
United States, WA, Kirkland
Joined Sep 2010
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acs23 View Post
can i use my dx6i, and how? (usb, etc)
Yes you can. Try using smartpropoplus (it's free). It uses an audio cable to connect the trainer port to an audio-in port on your computer.
numanair is offline Find More Posts by numanair
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:45 PM
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
Blade SR

Here's a Blade SR I put together. Hope you guy's enjoy it. Wish my real one flew this good.
Shaker777 is offline Find More Posts by Shaker777
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:57 PM
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
Boats for BMI flight sim

Here's a couple of boats I've been playing with in BMI flight sim lake. Made them just to see if it would work. Turns out your sim is an all around RC sim.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:51 AM
NSW, Australia
Joined Feb 2011
2,120 Posts
Top work on the boats mate, they do work really well!

Cheers - boingk
Old Feb 29, 2012, 01:22 AM
United States, WA, Kirkland
Joined Sep 2010
288 Posts
Are the only differences with the BMI version the lake, included planes, and the promotional graphics?
numanair is offline Find More Posts by numanair
Old Feb 29, 2012, 04:54 AM
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
From what I noticed, that's the only difference. Also if you set your smoke detail to low, it makes for an awsome rooster tail for the boats.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 05:54 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,750 Posts
There's the ground in view thing too. I don't think RCDP does that.

The boats are good. The Syma seems to go faster in reverse though.

I like the Blade CX. I can't get the Blade SR to work on my PC. There's some sort of dialog box when I try to select it, that I can't see but I can close it - I get a brief glimpse of it, and I can just about make out the X button before it disappears so I know where to click. Closing that invisible box lets me choose another model.

Maybe it's just that my graphics card is a bit primitive. I changed my Radeon 9250 to a Radeon 9600 Pro EZ because the Radeon 9250 went a bit funny - I had to underclock it a bit to get it to work properly (even for normal Windows stuff), shortly after starting to use it with the BMI sim. I don't know if there's any connection.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:18 AM
NSW, Australia
Joined Feb 2011
2,120 Posts
The ground in view is a definite improvement over the 1.3 version of RCDP. I personally think its a must for landings, especially on those craft requiring a bit more thought out procedures (read: 'long approaches') for landing.

Just tried the Blade SR - love it! Only using my numpad to fly at the moment due to my corded game controller being otherwise down... but it seems to fly very well.

Cheers - boingk
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:20 AM
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
Hi Davy, Have you givin any thought to adding multyplayer to the sim?