Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 02, 2009, 10:07 AM
Registered User
motorhead's Avatar
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,882 Posts
I had to make a change and add an addendum to post #5.
Mike
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2009, 02:10 PM
Registered User
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,158 Posts
Any suggestions on what paint to use on EPP? Thanks
lv2soar is offline Find More Posts by lv2soar
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2009, 03:16 PM
Team $CRILLA_VILLA
bajajrider's Avatar
sacramento, california
Joined Oct 2006
284 Posts
the cheap $0.99 wallyworld stuff works. krylon's good too.
bajajrider is offline Find More Posts by bajajrider
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2009, 03:17 PM
Registered User
motorhead's Avatar
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,882 Posts
I have been using Waterbased airbrush paint called Createx from Hobby Lobby. I think it is the best and lightest. On my Yellow and Black plane I just used Krylon but as you can see it is heavy. Also the Krylon will cause the EPP to curl but after it cures the EPP flattens back out.
Mike
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2009, 06:46 PM
Registered User
motorhead's Avatar
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,882 Posts
Here is an indoor video of the 42" Yak. Thanks to Leadfeather for video taping and Adreher for taking a turn at the sticks to show what it can do. Now I need more 500 mah 3s batterys.
Mike
big Yak small space (4 min 55 sec)


I do not uderstand why it will not embed properly for me???
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2009, 07:31 PM
Team DW Foamies (Snap)
Joethefloorman's Avatar
Cali
Joined Jun 2008
282 Posts
Whats the C rating for the 500mah 3 cell your using?

I run a Hacker 20-20l (The motor listed earlier) with a 10*4.7 prop and the current draw at wot is 20 amps with a 1320 30c battery. Has that combo your running eaten any batteries? My set up is on a proto type 40 inch depron weight is 13.5 oz with the 1320 battery. I would love to put a 500 mah battery on it, and it would drop my weight by an 1oz , but I'm don't want to start a fire in the process.
Joethefloorman is offline Find More Posts by Joethefloorman
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2009, 07:55 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Diggs's Avatar
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead
Here is an indoor video of the 42" Yak. Thanks to Leadfeather for video taping and Adreher for taking a turn at the sticks to show what it can do. Now I need more 500 mah 3s batterys.
Mike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J8KzaLTXCk

I do not uderstand why it will not embed properly for me???

Can't watch the video. Says an error occurred please try again later

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2009, 08:58 PM
Registered User
motorhead's Avatar
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joethefloorman
Whats the C rating for the 500mah 3 cell your using?

I run a Hacker 20-20l (The motor listed earlier) with a 10*4.7 prop and the current draw at wot is 20 amps with a 1320 30c battery. Has that combo your running eaten any batteries? My set up is on a proto type 40 inch depron weight is 13.5 oz with the 1320 battery. I would love to put a 500 mah battery on it, and it would drop my weight by an 1oz , but I'm don't want to start a fire in the process.
It is just a 20C pack but flying indoors the throttle was kept low. It hovered at half throttle so any above half was very short duration. Outside I would definitely want more amp capacity. Now I have flown it on packs from 500 to 2100. You can tell the difference but it still flys well on any of them.
Mike
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2009, 09:08 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Diggs's Avatar
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Vid is working like a champ now! Awesome job guys. It is going to be a must have! We mentioned it on Episode 108!

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2009, 09:08 PM
Registered User
motorhead's Avatar
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
Can't watch the video. Says an error occurred please try again later

Diggs
It might have been still processing. I just tried it and it worked.
Mike
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2009, 09:18 PM
Winging it >
leadfeather's Avatar
Joined May 2006
9,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead
Here is an indoor video of the 42" Yak. Thanks to Leadfeather for video taping and Adreher for taking a turn at the sticks to show what it can do. Now I need more 500 mah 3s batterys.
Mike


I do not uderstand why it will not embed properly for me???
Mike, are you just cutting and pasting the youtube URL or are you using the hyperlink tool?

BTW, I had my turn at the sticks...the 42 has the same sweet flying characteristics as the original 32.5" yak

indoor
leadfeather is online now Find More Posts by leadfeather
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2009, 09:25 PM
Registered User
pval3's Avatar
raleigh, NC usa
Joined Aug 2001
1,945 Posts
paints

Hey all

I have used more paints than I care to admit to.

I agree with Leadfeather that the Creatix stuff is the right choice and here is why

1) airbrush ready (you can thin it with the mfg available thinner but it sprays pretty nice right out of the bottle with a single or dual action brush(you can use alcohol if you want but I like to stick with what they have as it works great and it is cheap!)
2) primary colors are very opaque and the metalics/neons spray on real nice!
3) very easy clean up with water
4) expensive on its ownin relation to the apple barrel stuff but Micheal's and AC Moore have 40% OFF coupons every week in the paper . . wahooooo!

you can use the elcheapo water based craft acrylic paints and they work well but they have to be mixed and messed with and are not even close to as good as creatix with coverage if you want to paint an entire area with one color.

I like using what is the least "busy" and creatix is the goods!

Phil
pval3 is offline Find More Posts by pval3
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2009, 09:38 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Diggs's Avatar
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pval3
Hey all

I have used more paints than I care to admit to.

I agree with Leadfeather that the Creatix stuff is the right choice and here is why

1) airbrush ready (you can thin it with the mfg available thinner but it sprays pretty nice right out of the bottle with a single or dual action brush(you can use alcohol if you want but I like to stick with what they have as it works great and it is cheap!)
2) primary colors are very opaque and the metalics/neons spray on real nice!
3) very easy clean up with water
4) expensive on its ownin relation to the apple barrel stuff but Micheal's and AC Moore have 40% OFF coupons every week in the paper . . wahooooo!

you can use the elcheapo water based craft acrylic paints and they work well but they have to be mixed and messed with and are not even close to as good as creatix with coverage if you want to paint an entire area with one color.

I like using what is the least "busy" and creatix is the goods!

Phil
I have to agree with Phil. Yep, a bit spendy, but they work extremely well.

Phil, you going to Fly For Tots? Hope to see you there!

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2009, 09:58 PM
Registered User
motorhead's Avatar
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,882 Posts
[QUOTE=leadfeather]Mike, are you just cutting and pasting the youtube URL or are you using the hyperlink tool?

I have tried both. Usually it works fine but every once in a while it will not work for me.
Mike
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2009, 01:35 PM
Registered User
motorhead's Avatar
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,882 Posts
Made another Addendum to post #5.
Mike
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Check up this new Electric Epp flying wing! Ming Foamies (Kits) 365 May 09, 2008 10:45 PM
New Ultimate EPP Bipe from nesail.com SINYFLY 3D Flying 8 Sep 30, 2006 11:44 AM
My new TDS-EPP-3D Plane gneely 3D Flying 4 Nov 23, 2003 10:22 PM
Alfa's Models New La-7 & Yak-3 JFGrn Parkflyers 17 Oct 07, 2003 07:52 PM
New molded Epp flying wing Windrider Foamies (Kits) 18 Jun 08, 2002 04:02 PM