29,310 Posts
You fly it yet?
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2003, 04:15 PM
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
1,997 Posts
Nope, it is at the stage of the last pictures. I should have it done sometime this next week though.

-- Acer
http://speedwing.net
Acer is online now Find More Posts by Acer
Old Apr 19, 2003, 08:05 PM
Who Says Penguins Can't Fly?
Bay Area, California
Joined Jan 2003
2,713 Posts
looks awesome, man, Quick building, too! That wing would take me days, not hours! Neat work! Keep us posted! I can't wait to see it covered!

-aeroP
aeropenguin is offline Find More Posts by aeropenguin
Old Apr 25, 2003, 03:23 PM
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
1,997 Posts
Haven't had much time lately, but I finished building up the Taco II. It looks like I will be able to meet my AUW estimate of 25 oz. Here's a pic of it in the bones. It weighs 10 oz. so far (minus motor)

-- Acer
http://speedwing.net
Old Apr 25, 2003, 03:24 PM
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
1,997 Posts
Profile shot. Look at that rudder area!
Old Apr 25, 2003, 03:25 PM
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
1,997 Posts
Here it is compaired to the Mini Flash. It doesn't look much bigger in the picture, but it is much bigger in person.
Old May 05, 2003, 12:37 AM
Phoenix,Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
A little update on My Taco... had a nice electric fly in this weekend at a local field, very very windy both days, i flew the snot out of the taco in winds that grounded bigger heavier planes, and best of all, i took the award for best aerobatic flight seems like every flight with the taco you learn something new that its capable of, if i had just a tad more power it would do a climbing flat spin, right now it can hold altitude in a flat spin, absolutely amazing, people also kept asking me how i can get it to do 3 foot or less diameter loops

You get it flying yet Acer?

Dylan
Dylwad is offline Find More Posts by Dylwad
Old May 05, 2003, 12:44 AM
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
1,997 Posts
That's great to hear Dylan, makes me really want to finish it.

I have been pretty busy lately, so I haven't finished it yet. I am almost done covering the wing and fuse. I'll try to finish it this week if time allows (haven't even flown in about 2 weeks )

-- Acer
Old May 05, 2003, 07:41 PM
Who Says Penguins Can't Fly?
Bay Area, California
Joined Jan 2003
2,713 Posts
Congrats on the aerbatic win, Dylan!
I will build my own scaled down version some day too... too many other planes waiting! I am using the plans as a guide for another scratchbuilt plane, and checking my wingspan/fuse length ratio with the taco, the thrust line with my plane's plans...great stuff!

-aeroP
aeropenguin is offline Find More Posts by aeropenguin
Old Jun 03, 2003, 02:29 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,310 Posts
So how are these Taco's flying?? I still want to build a small one..

Guys, I've got a question.. How do you take a cad plane and convert it to a PDF so that it can be used on a home printer?
Old Jun 03, 2003, 11:39 AM
Foam Flyer
Stockbridge, Georgia, United States
Joined Jan 2003
2,931 Posts
Well, I cant explain how (I dont know much about AutoCad) but I was walked through how to do it and I can do it. Send me the plan and I will convert it to pages you can pring on legal paper and then tape together. In PDF format of course. You have to have a CAD program and the full version of ACROBAT to do this though.

Glenn
Depdog is offline Find More Posts by Depdog
Old Jun 03, 2003, 01:12 PM
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
Tram, Download this https://www.fastcad.com/n-view7.html its free, lets you scale and tile print cad files, and is relativaly easy to use, best cad viewer ive found.

Dylan
Old Jun 03, 2003, 03:32 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,310 Posts
Well guys,

I wandered myself in a full version of AutoCad 2002.. I'm going to see what I can do..

Dlywad- You still didn't tell me what you think of the E-Taco!
Old Jun 04, 2003, 09:01 AM
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
I Love the E taco, is does a sick upright flat spin, it draws a crowd at the Glow field, so bring some paper and pens so everyone can write down url's and names. if i had made it lighter it would definately climb in it, blenders are a blur, rolls are fast on low rates, insane on high rates, this thing is designed to tumble with the best of them. i overbuilt it for its purpose......soo ive been thinking of putting an o.s .10 on it should come out to about 15 ounces, ive been having too much fun with my razor in a Trident 3D lately, its been 110 degrees during the day, so night flying is where its at, and the taco moves too fast to keep it under the lights at our soccer field, so the taco hasnt seen any action in a few weeks.

Dylan