HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 30, 2009, 01:45 AM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
S O is Sheriffs office in my first read lexicon. I had to go back and rethink that, and I got significant other out of it. And this is after watching True Romance, or maybe because of watching true romance.

Galaxiex, I guess you missed post 35. A bit of creative writing every now and again keeps everyone on their toes. And breaks up the same old.

Tim
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2009, 02:09 AM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,594 Posts
So welcome to RCG from another T---taholic. Sounds like you folks adhere to our philosophy of just about anything goes. I'll be dropping by regularly to pick up any gems of info. I'll contribute a vid of my T---t 40 with a (gasp) electric motor on it. Seems I'm a bit of a renegade but .............

Again welcome and have fun!

Electric T40 (3 min 48 sec)
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Aug 30, 2009, 08:00 AM
Joined Dec 2005
361 Posts
Wow, how exciting to meet some new blood so quickly. I am particularly pleased that there are some more Twisters here. RCG has become my favorite forum for multiple reasons over the past year.

I should be able to get flying today. It might have to be this evening though. We will see how the day goes. Always lots to do here. Should be a calm day with a high of 69 degrees. Feels like Fall with this chill in the air.
Adam G is offline Find More Posts by Adam G
Old Aug 30, 2009, 08:35 AM
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
zrat......which p40 kit is that in your pic?
rob737 is offline Find More Posts by rob737
Old Aug 30, 2009, 08:48 AM
Savannah Ga
Joined Apr 2009
49 Posts
well I made up my adapter for 9cell this morning so I'm hoping to get out and fly the big red plane later
I hope to get out and fly that and maybe I'll take the magister and blue bird and maybe the cessna 182
I guess it will all depend on what kind of time I have today
aj1202 is offline Find More Posts by aj1202
Old Aug 30, 2009, 09:22 AM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERNDALE AIR FOR

........Galaxiex, I guess you missed post 35. A bit of creative writing every now and again keeps everyone on their toes. And breaks up the same old.

Tim
Well, no... I saw that post....

I just assumed it was due to some anomaly caused by a nearby meteor shower...

Or maybe from someone trying to work E=MC2 backwards...

thereby causing a momentary rift in the space/time thingy...
that allowed half crazed monkeys on amphetamines from another dimension to take temporary control of a computer keyboard...
in the attempt to bang out the complete works of Shakespeare....

but they didn't have enough time...
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex
Old Aug 30, 2009, 10:14 AM
Joined Jan 2008
441 Posts
also made it here. still can't type fast enough to post all the time!!!! will be fallowing along in the shadows. lou try your skills!!!!! took this old brain a few try's. http://www.humorsphere.com/fun/8787/colortest.swf
gramps45 is offline Find More Posts by gramps45
Old Aug 30, 2009, 10:28 AM
Joined Aug 2007
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Cal, please look at metacafe and vimeo.

Tim
Ok, just currious why, higher vid upload rez Hey guys, im away from the thread for a day and its grown . Still looking good, got to finish up the fish and then get to work on the Blue Baby......
calvino is offline Find More Posts by calvino
Old Aug 30, 2009, 10:53 AM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Cal, it's up to you, but I am seeing lots of vimeo and metacafe.

Galaxiex, I try not to flights of fancy very often.

Tim
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:05 AM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1202
Thanks for the tip

OK so lets give it a try, I might as well start posting pics here too

first pic is the Eagle since I finished the cowl, next up,,,, wings
next pic is current status of the cessna, I just pinned the ele stab and rudder stab for the pic
Ooooo, love that Christen Eagle ya got there! What model is that one? I dont think I've seen it, either that or I have but been too long since. Not much for reference in the pic, how big is it? It looks to be rather large, and I like the gear struts, very scale.

Ok, my turn,............My Eagle, and my newest Hobby King's Decathlon built up ARF.

Oh, and welcome Badius.............refreshing to be sure.
SabreHawk is offline Find More Posts by SabreHawk
Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:14 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,411 Posts
Awwww, carp- school starts tomorrow......

Tim, thanks for getting that bit of intelligent unintelligence over here. I never had time

It's time for Operation: Monkey. I think if I can get the first few feet up to the lower branches I'll be able to use a combination of hanging on and inching forward/up until I reach the vicinity of the branch (~50') and then shake like he11 until I either A) succeed in getting the subjects down, or B) fall to my death.

We shall see.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:19 AM
Boise Idaho
Joined Apr 2009
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob737
zrat......which p40 kit is that in your pic?
GWS Part Number: GWSAE0028AA (No Power System), it was $54 at the LHS, fixed gear with the option not to install. Since I smoked my last GWS BL motor I'm going with the Tower Pro 2409 -12 or -18 on this plane. Nice kit, I took the time to sand all of the little injection mold spots off and filled all the panel lines with light weight spakling.
Zrat is offline Find More Posts by Zrat
Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:31 AM
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
thanks, thought it might be a gws kit. looks great! can't wait to see it when it's finished, hope you post a pic. that's one of my favorite planes, i have the phase 3 p40, which i recently remotored with great results.
rob737 is offline Find More Posts by rob737
Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:55 AM
Boise Idaho
Joined Apr 2009
159 Posts
I had a CL Cox .049 Flying tiger when I was a kid, always was my favorite WWII plane, never could get the CL plane to fly, it made alot of divots nosing in, last time I saw it my buddy wound up the prop in the living room of his doublewide trailer and it fired off, flew right through the wall and destroyed itself. Somehow over the years I had myself convinced it was a P51. I don't care if it flies scale, In the Badius spirit I hope its over powered

Heading for the LHS for some goodies, wifeys at work
Zrat is offline Find More Posts by Zrat
Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:58 AM
Ventura, CA
Joined Dec 2004
379 Posts
Geez, I miss a couple of days and new guys have popped in.

Galaxiex
Very cool SS Wright Flyer. Had to show that one to Wifey. What camera do you use? OH, and did you just make a servo platform for it?

Hi T---T guys.
Looks Like we needed to follow you and the Aussie Boys to RCG. Good to know that all is well over here.

Gramps,
I'm not going to do the color test. I have enough trouble picking out my tooth brush.

Woke up to zero wind so I plugged in the TX to charge and moments later, yep, you guessed it, wind popped up. I'll give the Slow Stick a shot anyway.
Now to upload my avitar.
Thanks Kate (AKA-Ktaylor, AKA-Ken) for making my pic small enough to fit.
Dag Nabbit. Missed it by that much. Still too large.

Zrat,
I flew some CL planes back in '74. Still have the .049 sitting in the den.
loubud is offline Find More Posts by loubud
Last edited by loubud; Aug 30, 2009 at 12:04 PM.