ktaylor is offline Find More Posts by ktaylor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2009, 09:42 PM
Badius Boy
Windsor ON Canada
Joined Mar 2007
479 Posts
Aha but you want/need (OK I want) the BluRay WRITER. Mmmmmm
export! is offline Find More Posts by export!
Old Oct 02, 2009, 09:51 PM
Glenwood Iowa
Joined Sep 2008
170 Posts
[QUOTE=loubud]Gofer
We may be having a fly in near the Iowa/Illinois border next year. More fun than a ...
Lasts for a week so we camp out.
Most of us here started out with many failures till we found a thread that would help us. The Cub you have has it's own dedicated thread and may be of significant help to you. I as recall, it requires many modifications to fly well. The Slow Stick is fairly straight forward. Ask away here for that and the Cub.

I have started a venture at the race track where I work on fridays as the announcer for the friday night run watcha brung drag races. I have named it "Flying Thunder" and it is on the 2.5 mile long road race course. here is a link to the facility the tower is where the run way will be to the north. I am working on getting some big events for next year and will hope to be able to go to some to see how to set up and run one and what is the best way to go about getting it off the ground! www.midamericamotorplex.com
Gofer 303 is offline Find More Posts by Gofer 303
Old Oct 02, 2009, 09:53 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Cool beans Ken.

So I was just flying the Pitts and discovered that this thing really feels the rudder. I can nearly do a flat urn with no aileron and just a little up ele. I also discored that I had the ele/rudder switched to full. I guess that mean that up rate just went to 100 and down rate will have to max . I bought it a new prop as well but this flight was pretty nice. I think it need some thrust, so I got an apc 8x3.8 sf. It has a gws dd 8x4 now.

Iand I need to get the Quick1 ready for it's new owner.

Fern
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Oct 02, 2009, 10:14 PM
Ventura, CA
Joined Dec 2004
379 Posts
Kate,
Dell used to suck big time. Since they needed an influx of new technology FAST, they bought Alienware to get it. Fortunately, they're (for the moment) leaving Alienware alone so R&D should continue.
So what this means is that Dell doesn't suck near as much as they used to. Bad part is that they are still stuck on stupid. They buy in large quantities and sell the old stuff first. Ya never know if it's and outdated motherboard, hard drive or whatever OR if you can expand something.
Since it has 8 gigs of ram I suspect it has the newer Alienware type motherboard in it. It's not made by them but it should be the latest out there.
I'm pretty sure you were checking out the latest, greatest puter available so all should be perfect. Congrats.
Me likey good Wifeys. Most of us in this addiction have one.

Gofer,
Excellent. You'll have a blast.

Fern,
Can you cut a rudder in? Should be a good thing.
loubud is offline Find More Posts by loubud
Old Oct 02, 2009, 10:23 PM
Glenwood Iowa
Joined Sep 2008
170 Posts
go to youtube and search gofer303 and I have some videos up there there is one two part fly over the race track and drag course done last friday before we got rained out. cam pic suks as there was no way of telling it was not right something happened to the spy cam might have to get a different one.
Old Oct 02, 2009, 10:39 PM
Ventura, CA
Joined Dec 2004
379 Posts
Shoot. Forgot.

Export,
Do you know the difference between Blue Ray and regular DVD's? From what I understand, the big deal is this. Blue Ray is much harder to copy than the DVD's. Not much difference from what I know from Tinsel Town about 'em.
Besides the code embedded at the beginning of the DVD to stop someone from copying, there are also places throughout the DVD to corrupt a copy and even has coding on each DVD as to where the original came from.
Blue Ray was developed as there are dozens of programs out there made specifically over ride the coding that stops you from making a dupe from a DVD. One of the reasons that bootleg CD's and DVD's are everywhere.
An FYI.
Now and then we see TV adds telling us not to buy bootleg DVD's. Unknown to the general Public is that when you see a movie on the web that hasn't been released to the Public yet AND is of exceptional quality is is most always done by a MEMBER of "The Motion Picture Academy". Yep. They get a DVD/Blue Ray and just make copies for friends and the like. Gives them a feeling of importance.

I'll give you an example.
When I was at Technicolor doing a Harry Potter movie, the 35MM dupe negs were sent to England so they could make the prints. (Technicolor quality in England SUX.) Well, you guessed it. The movie got put on the web before the prints were sent out to theaters. My pal Dave had made the dupes and the coding came back to him. He was put through the ringer as to how those reels got out. Mind you that a print is large. Each reel is the size of a large pizza box tho the print is round. 8+ lbs per reel. No way in hello he could have gotten just one reel off the lot never mind a full print. When a Harry Potter movie is being made, everything, including your car is searched when you leave the lot for any reason, including when you go to lunch.
The print was stolen by upper management in England. They found him.
loubud is offline Find More Posts by loubud
Old Oct 02, 2009, 11:18 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Lou, me being me, are confused. I like the rudder on the Pitts. That rudder is like EF Hutton, when it speaks the plane listens. A rudder on the Swift2.5 is not on my radar.

Doug's P-40 is making me pay for hanging it over head. I am going back through it as I found an elevator issue. The elevator servo is, was, trying to escape. I got all that settled, then checked the gearbox, in a perfect world I would shim it a couple of thousandths, and then I re checked the Aileron servo since the sub trim was so off the charts. So I am checking out the movement and it seems a bit off so I check the servo. Again the servo had come loose I am re attaching the gear.

This plane wins my Gollywoggle award for the past month. The RX spit a crysal and it was down hill from there. It may win the AR7000 as well.

Fern
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Oct 02, 2009, 11:19 PM
Eureka,Ca
Joined Jul 2007
623 Posts
Woohoo!
I just finished my GWS bn2 islander.
I accidently mounted the nacelles wrong,so I had to chop the gorilla glue off then re-mount them.On a 2s 1200 10c pack this thing seems to have plenty of power! and it sounds cool too
The decals were a PITA to put on,or maybe I'm just terrible at putting decals on

Tim
_HypnoToad_ is offline Find More Posts by _HypnoToad_
Old Oct 03, 2009, 12:08 AM
Boise Idaho
Joined Apr 2009
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofer 303
I dont want to hijack your thread but I am in Glenwood and just wanted to say hello!
Gofer, Glad you made it, congrats on getting the SS up (That reminds me, time to throw a prop on mine, new TP 180W motor, smoked the GWS one too much WOT ). So you get to announce races and fly at the track? Too cool.
Zrat is offline Find More Posts by Zrat
Old Oct 03, 2009, 12:30 AM
Badius Boy
Windsor ON Canada
Joined Mar 2007
479 Posts
Lou BluRay is in HD format. There was a brief skirmish between BluRay and HD-DVD (like the VHS/Beta war) and BluRay came out on top.

The discs can hold up to 50GB (dual layer) and support resolutions of 1920x1080. I know you know your TV pixels and that is a lot.
export! is offline Find More Posts by export!
Old Oct 03, 2009, 05:41 AM
Joined Jun 2007
21 Posts
Gofer,
Welcome, I'll bet you've seen the Gunfighter if your from Glenwood.

I'm over here in Lincoln. Rode on her in 1991
Gunfighter51 is offline Find More Posts by Gunfighter51
Old Oct 03, 2009, 08:47 AM
Glenwood Iowa
Joined Sep 2008
170 Posts
Zrat
Yes I have been at that track for at least 6 out of 7 years (took one season off) part time doing about anything from Safety to night security event security janitorial mowing you name it I probably have had to do it! best job the last 2 years is announcing get to sit in an AC 3rd floor position and just let the bs flow LOL !!! This mid summer I swore off heli's just cant get the dumb thumbs to learn it. Got a Beechcraft Staggerwing on chep sale crashed it to pieces 32 times found the J3 cub and was smart enough to find the Park Pilot program and get some schoolin in! Now I can tell why I just crashed or better yet what to blame it on !!!!!
Old Oct 03, 2009, 08:57 AM
Glenwood Iowa
Joined Sep 2008
170 Posts
[QUOTE=Gunfighter51]Gofer,
Welcome, I'll bet you've seen the Gunfighter if your from Glenwood.

I'm over here in Lincoln. Rode on her in 1991[/QUOTE

I think I would trade my house for a day in the air on that magnificent machine!!! I was raised in Lincoln and Dad was in the Army Air force helped set up the airbase was in charge of transportation and after getting out had a lot of friends there we used to go visit. One had a to me a monsterous P 51 that was just absolutely overwhelming to me. I dont know if he owned it or just got to fly it around the country. I was offered a sit in the cockpit and that still is a I can see in my mind even if I were only 6 at the time! If I coluld have it would have been in the air. Mom decided that I liked airoplanes too much and had me yanked out of the plane. That is about the closest I have come to being in one. saw two fly over the Sapp bros truck stop in Ne city when we had the war memorial for the Freemont county dedicatiion! They were still very impressive and low I dont think I breathed for the 3 fly overs they did!!!
Old Oct 03, 2009, 09:24 AM
Vietnam Vet US NAVY
Joined May 2004
301 Posts
Ken,

Way to go on the new Lappy. Wifey's sure are good to us even when they buy themselves a motorcycle for their birthday and I have to be the driver, Hee Hee.

I was thinking of you and your need for speed the other day, when I saw a video of a guy break 100mph with a foam plane. I guess that is pretty fast for foam.

Lou can switch hands in the middle of a stroke, not a key stroke either.

What happened to Sray & Zack? I know Brad is on a much needed break.
Captainrandy is offline Find More Posts by Captainrandy