HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2009, 09:46 AM
Joined Jun 2007
21 Posts
Now that's one bad mutha!

I just can't express the feeling of sitting inside when that Merlin 61 fires up.
Gunfighter51 is offline Find More Posts by Gunfighter51
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2009, 10:36 AM
Savannah Ga
Joined Apr 2009
49 Posts
Sweet
aj1202 is offline Find More Posts by aj1202
Old Oct 02, 2009, 05:10 PM
Glenwood Iowa
Joined Sep 2008
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter51
DJ,
It was alot more fun riding in the real one!

Just come over to Council Bluffs Iowa and we'll get you set up for a flight.

Scott,
Post my picture of the Gunfighter that I gave you, the one on the tarmac.
I dont want to hijack your thread but I am in Glenwood and just wanted to say hello!
Gofer 303 is offline Find More Posts by Gofer 303
Old Oct 02, 2009, 05:35 PM
Oh look I'm bleeding...
USA, IL, Rock Island
Joined Dec 2005
379 Posts
Gofer, there is no such thing as hijacking this thread since it has no topic or direction. Just say your peace & join in.
ktaylor is offline Find More Posts by ktaylor
Old Oct 02, 2009, 06:21 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,252 Posts
Welcome Gofer,

What would be good though, is if everyone would fill in the information that shows where they are from.
Sky_Captain is online now Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Oct 02, 2009, 06:47 PM
Ventura, CA
Joined Dec 2004
379 Posts
Hi Gofer.
Outside of Politics and Religion, have at it.

TP
I can paint as well as any 5 year old. So there.

Haven't done anymore with the TwinJet. No time at the moment. I'm hoping that the plastic will adher to the paint still on the plane. I'll find out the hard way I guess.

Fern,
So your your Swift has more power than the plane can handle? Cool.

Pretty Boy,
Need another vid from you when your Mustang is built. I enjoy the chatter from your friends when the vid is shot.
loubud is offline Find More Posts by loubud
Old Oct 02, 2009, 07:02 PM
Badius Boy
Windsor ON Canada
Joined Mar 2007
479 Posts
Lou can you post a link for this covering stuff you have? I'm sure you already did but I must have missed it?
export! is offline Find More Posts by export!
Old Oct 02, 2009, 07:03 PM
Glenwood Iowa
Joined Sep 2008
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelnut
Welcome Gofer,

What would be good though, is if everyone would fill in the information that shows where they are from.
Sorry About that I just did. I am in Glenwood Iowa and am realitivly new to RC flying have crashed a walkera 4#3B and now am working on a slow stick and a Cub J3 from parkzone. I have spent many a hour on realflight and it is not like the real thing I cant crash as easily!!! I have been spending many a hour reading on thus site (slow reader???)
I really like this thread as there is a lot of information disguised as humor, keep it up!!!
Gofer 303 is offline Find More Posts by Gofer 303
Old Oct 02, 2009, 07:41 PM
Ventura, CA
Joined Dec 2004
379 Posts
Gofer
We may be having a fly in near the Iowa/Illinois border next year. More fun than a ...
Lasts for a week so we camp out.
Most of us here started out with many failures till we found a thread that would help us. The Cub you have has it's own dedicated thread and may be of significant help to you. I as recall, it requires many modifications to fly well. The Slow Stick is fairly straight forward. Ask away here for that and the Cub.

Scott,
Here's the link.
http://www.wowplanes.com/product_inf...roducts_id=130
Storage is a big problem. They state between 70 and 80 degrees. Not gonna happen in the average home so it may not work. Be certain to read the manual. A link is on the website.
Old Oct 02, 2009, 07:46 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
DJ, it seems that you had to purchase a starter pack to have them in today. I get to wait some more

Lou, if you look at the pic the control horns are close to the prop. So apparently at high speeds only part of the elevon will move. 375w, 12 oz wing. It should be interesting.

This is unreal, http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dproduct=10093

Hi Gofer, welcome to the asylum.

Fern
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Oct 02, 2009, 07:55 PM
Ventura, CA
Joined Dec 2004
379 Posts
Fern,
That looks like a good camera. Can't beat the price assuming the thing works.

Why would control horn placement affect the throws even tho they are close to the prop? If they work a 100 watts per pound, why not 150 watts or higher for that matter? Are you saying that the servo can't handle air?

Need to see the pic. Hows about a link?
Old Oct 02, 2009, 08:13 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Lou click on my name. It opens a blog and the Swift2 is included. It is a stri elevon and the air over the wing will not allow the servo to pull up the far end. I do not know if the guys are using 5g servos or what. I buried 900's in the wing. Basically, this is not a true speed wing, it's a fun wing and now it has serious go power.

I know what you mean about the camera. Very tempting.

Fern
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Oct 02, 2009, 08:20 PM
Ventura, CA
Joined Dec 2004
379 Posts
Thanks. Got it.
At high speeds, you don't need near the throws as you do going slow. Should be fine.
Old Oct 02, 2009, 08:25 PM
Oh look I'm bleeding...
USA, IL, Rock Island
Joined Dec 2005
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubud
Gofer
We may be having a fly in near the Iowa/Illinois border next year. More fun than a ...
Lasts for a week so we camp out.

Speaking of, I;ll be heading up to the farm this weekend & checking out what they've done as far as locating the barn. Evidently it's 75% or more built. The location of it will play a big role in where the runway will actually be located. It looked like they might be putting it right in the way of what I first had in mind. BUT there is a second location that is about 5o yards from the barn, so that could very well work. The bossman will be up there (unless his wife changes his mind for him) so I'll be able to show him exactly what I want to do & get the final approval.

I gots a story to tell.

My mother in law has helped Liz & I keep our sanity by taking our daughter every other weekend & a week at a time during the summer, & comes to stay while I'm at my week long training sessions, & Monday & Tuesday she'll be here watching Gabby while Liz & I are away for our birthdays. (hers was the 1st)

So anyhow, I bought Barb (mother-in-law) a new laptop yesterday to say thanks. She doesn't know it yet, she'll be getting it when she comes down on Sunday. So, while I'm at the fun store picking up the computer, I ended up buying a GPS for Liz since she's always wanted one, figure that will be an extra birthday present.

Get home, give GPS to Liz, she likey, cool. She starts looking through the in-store ad that was in the bag & see's car stereo installations are free & really wants a new car stereo that can interface with her I-pod. I hand her my store card, tell her to pick one out & go get it installed today while I'm at work. She picked out a really cool one & goes to get it installed today.

Well, when I was looking at the laptops on my computer, Liz & I started talkin about how my computer is 5 years old, blah blah blah. & I showed her the one I was thinking about getting next spring & all the fun features it has.

I get a call from Liz after he car install is done & & she says, "oh, by the way, I bought you that computer" At first I thought she meant on my card, nope, on her own. So now I'm in the process of transferring files to the 300gig external hard drive that my new puter came with.

Only bought the tower since I already have a kick ass monitor. ALthough I'm thinking in the future I might buy a 26" HD tv & use that as the monitor since the new puter has integrated HD output.

SO this is my last post from my faithful Compaq. The next posts will be from the new Gateway. Yeah, I know gateway sux, actually, I did lots of research on this one, & no bad reviews other than that there are so many trial software packages that you have to uninstall. ANd it has the AMD quad processor rather than the intel crap.

Here's the puter.
http://www.americantv.com/itemDetail...dENkPTYwMTA%3D

I definitely have a wifey thats a keeper.

By the way, what am I supposed to do with a TERABYTE hard drive????????????
ktaylor is offline Find More Posts by ktaylor
Old Oct 02, 2009, 08:31 PM
Badius Boy
Windsor ON Canada
Joined Mar 2007
479 Posts
Nice. HDMI output is sooooo sweet. If it had a BluRay reader/writer I might have to not talk to you for a while. Great computer and really great wife.
export! is offline Find More Posts by export!