Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 30, 2009, 07:44 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,371 Posts
I've got a Suppo 2212-6 (2200kV) outrunner that I'll be using in a new plane soon. The prop data sheets I've been reading say not to go past around a 6x4 on 3S but if I'm careful with throttle could I get away with a 6x5.5? Basically, how close to the motor's actual limits are the specified numbers?

If it burns I can just rewind it but that's a little tedious (and I'm running out of wire).
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2009, 09:57 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
TP, On this one you are out of my grasp.

Tim

Fern
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Last edited by FERNDALE AIR FOR; Sep 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old Oct 01, 2009, 04:42 AM
Savannah Ga
Joined Apr 2009
49 Posts
Ken the motor was running when I landed magi, when I took it apart I found the magnets and windings full of metal dust and tiny pieces that used to be bearings
I think this may have been due to a tiny bit of vibration caused by the shaft not being perfectly straight. Or the bearing could have been damaged from the original crash and I just coldn't tell it was hurt

I wil take a pic and post, it may be repairable but I would need to replace the shaft and both bearings and do some serious cleaning
aj1202 is offline Find More Posts by aj1202
Old Oct 01, 2009, 07:08 AM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktaylor
WHeelnut, I think they are meant for in-flight use.
In that case, I think todays technology makes them useless. Unless you have an older esc without LVC.
Or maybe ;-)?? their for gaser guys to use on their receiver packs in the plane
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Oct 01, 2009, 10:26 AM
Boise Idaho
Joined Apr 2009
159 Posts
TP - Check out these coroplast planes, somewhere they go over a nice wing build.
http://www.spadtothebone.com/freeplans.htm
Zrat is offline Find More Posts by Zrat
Old Oct 01, 2009, 10:50 AM
Vietnam Vet US NAVY
Joined May 2004
301 Posts
Zrat,

That is some great stuff on that site. I found it a while back and saved it to favorites. It makes my Baby Bam Bam look pathetic.

Some real creative people out there giving away all their great ideas.
Captainrandy is offline Find More Posts by Captainrandy
Old Oct 01, 2009, 11:40 AM
Yea..When mowers fly!
The White House?
Joined Apr 2008
1,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainrandy
Some real creative people out there giving away all their great ideas.
I'm glad there are people out there like this spad to the bone that "share" their ideas, rather than always looking for the all-mighty dollar just trying to sell them.
Jay-viator is offline Find More Posts by Jay-viator
Old Oct 01, 2009, 12:28 PM
Ventura, CA
Joined Dec 2004
379 Posts
Hi Jay
Welcome to crazy town.

I snapped a few pics of the Multiplex TwinJet. I only shot the top as the bottom didn't have much trouble with the paint sticking. I have already sanded down most of the paint off. 2 pics show white paint that wouldn't stick. I can peel it of somewhat but I'll sand it down and feather it out then apply the plastic coating from WOWplanes. I won't be messing with it again till next week. For a guy with nothing to do, I got real busy. Go figure.
loubud is offline Find More Posts by loubud
Old Oct 01, 2009, 08:13 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,371 Posts
Ok, the smilies are certainly beyond any doubt moving. That bugs me for some reason....

I suddenly feel the need to find some coroplast. While I didn't originally mean to build a coroplast plane, that whole idea is friggin awesome. I wonder if I could just take a flat sheet of it, cut it into a Weasel Jet shape, shove some CF down the flutes, and fly it.

One of my biggest issues with Weasels has been the foam from Dollar Tree is rarely perfectly flat because of the way it's shipped. No matter how much CF you cram onto it the foam is always slightly bowed. This causes PROBLEMS. Maybe a flat 'plast Weasel would solve that, but man a plastic airplane sounds heavy....

Zrat, sir, you've intoxicated my mind with yet another suggestion. Please do me a favor and stop giving me all these great ideas......

Of course, coroplast is even stiffer and stronger than papered foam, so with enough CF my power/speed limit would theoretically be far higher than it is on a foam airframe, limited almost only by prop size/torque and extreme weight. Something to think about....

Aww, crap.... This plasti-Weasel idea has me going now....

Lou, I see your painting skills are improving greatly. Or did you have some help on that one?
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Oct 01, 2009, 09:16 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Rudy, I think it is an even flow type product. Lou just ads some and directs gravity

The fellows on the Swift2 thread seem to think that I have hit the wall with the Swift2. Approximately 375w/ lb on a 9x6 apc is what I have happening They went the other direction and went for more watt's with a smaller prop.

They are telling me that at 70 mph or so I will start having control issues. That I have a plane that is in this realm is really interesting. And I have the wing balanced so that is is just a glider. I am thinking that despite whatever wind this plane is going up.

Oh, I got my nephews FF plane from MS composit via csrc. God help the non-aviator type. My about to be 6 yo Nephew asked if I could figure it out without the single picture that is given as build instructions.

Fern
Old Oct 01, 2009, 10:28 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
OK, this is the other half of the post. 2 flights of the pitts, all good. The re-purposed CPPro batteries seem to do nicely as TX lipos and they are touted as 8c batteries, but they are probably 6c in reality. My radios really like these batteries All good.

Fern
Old Oct 02, 2009, 01:53 AM
Joined Apr 2006
18 Posts
Look what I got!!!!!!
djnsayne is offline Find More Posts by djnsayne
Old Oct 02, 2009, 06:00 AM
Joined Jun 2007
21 Posts
DJ,
It was alot more fun riding in the real one!

Just come over to Council Bluffs Iowa and we'll get you set up for a flight.

Scott,
Post my picture of the Gunfighter that I gave you, the one on the tarmac.
Gunfighter51 is offline Find More Posts by Gunfighter51
Old Oct 02, 2009, 07:35 AM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
5,972 Posts
Nice DJ, I hope to be in your shoes soon

That almost looked like my LHS. Funny how they all almost look alike
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Oct 02, 2009, 08:34 AM
Badius Boy
Windsor ON Canada
Joined Mar 2007
479 Posts
In your honour.
export! is offline Find More Posts by export!