HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2009, 09:12 PM
Joined Dec 2005
361 Posts
Ken,

I have two berg 7 channel recievers with channel 45 crystals I will sell you cheap if you are interested. I converted over to 2.4g. I might have an electron 6 too. I will take a look. PM me if interested and I will sell em to you for whatever you think is a good deal.

Here is a pic of the Extra I took this morning with my phone.
Adam G is offline Find More Posts by Adam G
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2009, 09:29 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
OK, off the top of my head, Adam and Pat have decided that they are going 2.4. I find myself with lots of dsm2(2.4) gear. One year ago had you said I would have a commitment to 2.4 gear I would have laughed. Now dsm2 is as important as Sombra. And I have ordered a DX6i.

Fern
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Sep 29, 2009, 09:40 PM
Eureka,Ca
Joined Jul 2007
623 Posts
Last night I was flying my su-26 on my dx5e and as I pulled vertical I lost complete control...It didn't respond to the sticks at all
It nose dived from about 30 feet into tallish grass and has no damage.
Any ideas as to what could have caused it? It was bound correctly.I have never had this happen on 72 mhz.I'm kinda nervous to fly it again.

Tim
_HypnoToad_ is offline Find More Posts by _HypnoToad_
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:59 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Tim, I think you probably just got glitched.. Did you rearm?

Fern.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:25 PM
Oh look I'm bleeding...
USA, IL, Rock Island
Joined Dec 2005
379 Posts
My replacement Turnigy battery shipped today!! Way cool. Also, my 4 minute flight on the Giles, only used 1070 mah of the 3000mah pack. Cool, so I can set my timer for more of a five minute flight warning & the final alarm for about 6 1/2 - 7 minutes. Pack came down at ambient temperature. Granted, I didn't run it hard at all, but I expected at least some sign of usage. Although, I also didn't expect to have only used 1000 mah.
ktaylor is offline Find More Posts by ktaylor
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:43 PM
Eureka,Ca
Joined Jul 2007
623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Tim, I think you probably just got glitched.. Did you rearm?

Fern.
Yea,I did.It's working now,but its dark
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:46 PM
Eureka,Ca
Joined Jul 2007
623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktaylor
My replacement Turnigy battery shipped today!! Way cool. Also, my 4 minute flight on the Giles, only used 1070 mah of the 3000mah pack. Cool, so I can set my timer for more of a five minute flight warning & the final alarm for about 6 1/2 - 7 minutes. Pack came down at ambient temperature. Granted, I didn't run it hard at all, but I expected at least some sign of usage. Although, I also didn't expect to have only used 1000 mah.
What brand giles do you have?
Mines a 40 size made by cox.I'm still deciding to either go electric or glow.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 04:57 AM
Savannah Ga
Joined Apr 2009
49 Posts
Ken nice flight report, glad the giles made it down OK
thanks for the motor info too, have to order it up so I can have maggie back in flying condition

Lou let me know your opinion of the coating, I have been considering glassing the Magister and Fat Albert, this might be a better option
I hope you get to feeling better soon

Adam nice looking plane

Scott that's a good looking plane you posted also
the deck looked great, very nice job, makes me want to get off my bum and finish mine

had an interesting development while working on the little cessna the other day
I was covering the rudder stab and I got one side done and I must say it looked fabulous, then I started on the other side, started out fine then when I shrunk it down and got it looking good the other side would wrinkle up OK shrink that side down and now the other side wrinkled up this went on for a couple min
some of you already know what is happening but I was at a loss
anyway even though I was using a lite cover it was collapsing the structure, it broke loose all the ribs and the ends were just pulling together, I think if I had enough shrink in the cover it would have become a pencil

so I removed the cover and I will add in some little gussets and try again
this has made me think I need to take another look at the rest of the build to make sure I don't need to add more reinforcements elswhere
aj1202 is offline Find More Posts by aj1202
Last edited by aj1202; Sep 30, 2009 at 05:00 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 30, 2009, 09:38 AM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
I was checking out my e-bay listing and found this. http://cgi.ebay.com/46-52-Edge-540-3...d=p3286.c0.m14 Bigger than I fly, but a great deal.

Fern
Old Sep 30, 2009, 12:22 PM
Syracuse NY area
Joined Dec 2003
58 Posts
you have to get a good deal on something like that because shipping is so high on the stuff. Takes the fun out of it, lol
at least it is not as bad as some of the shipping that Doug had to deal with!

The way that is laid out, it almost looks like it is made for elecric power. Looks like it could work well with either option.
NYFlyer is offline Find More Posts by NYFlyer
Last edited by NYFlyer; Sep 30, 2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: more comment
Old Sep 30, 2009, 05:51 PM
Oh look I'm bleeding...
USA, IL, Rock Island
Joined Dec 2005
379 Posts
AJ, is the motor that's in your Maggie toast, or just the bearing messed up? I have a few bearings for that motor if you want to try that first. Lemme know.

Wankera, mine is a CMP giles 202. THought I posted a link to it,, won't hurt to throw it up again. Nice plane, just needs a little taming down from the current amount of throws.

http://ak-models.com/mm5/merchant.mv...ode=NITRO46_65
Old Sep 30, 2009, 06:59 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Lou, and Heli guys, I feel that heli season is upon me. I am going to get my set ups out of the Eclipse7 and put them in the Optic 6. I am then going to ensure that everything is set on the T-rex 450. And take to and the radio to the lhs. And have the owner set it up.

The trial and error and error and error has driven me nuts. The LHS manager seems to think this will be free. I assume I will have to surrender the Heli and the TX for 2 weeks as the owner lives in Redding and flies out every other week.

OK, off to do the radio stuff. Hmm, should I send the Eclipse with the CP Pro Lipo in it? Well I won't need it for the DX6i and I have one for the Optic and I doubt I will pull out the flash 5.

Fern
Old Sep 30, 2009, 07:11 PM
Ventura, CA
Joined Dec 2004
379 Posts
Go for it Fern. Might be the easiest way to get that thing in the air.

Nice flight report guys. Wish I was there for Kate's Giles.

Wheelnut,
What was your question about the Blinky?
loubud is offline Find More Posts by loubud
Old Sep 30, 2009, 07:36 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,301 Posts
Lou,
I guess not really a question. I was just letting everyone know that those lighted lipo monitors I bought don't make good monitors at all, because the lights seem to wear the battery down in just a couple of days and starts beeping. So I guess they make a decent lipo checker, but if you have a simple volt meter, then they are useless.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Sep 30, 2009, 07:40 PM
Oh look I'm bleeding...
USA, IL, Rock Island
Joined Dec 2005
379 Posts
WHeelnut, I think they are meant for in-flight use.