SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 27, 2009, 09:21 PM
Joined Sep 2009
32 Posts
no i had this rx in my bcx heli but i don't use it anymore so i decided to put in this bird but it would not bind the led on rx is very dim would not flash or bind
yankeefan is offline Find More Posts by yankeefan
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2009, 09:36 PM
Oh look I'm bleeding...
USA, IL, Rock Island
Joined Dec 2005
379 Posts
Rudy, I have a feeling your battery is probably going to make a good paper weight by the time you get it back
ktaylor is offline Find More Posts by ktaylor
Old Sep 27, 2009, 11:49 PM
Oh look I'm bleeding...
USA, IL, Rock Island
Joined Dec 2005
379 Posts
WHOOO HOO!! HobbyCity (HobbyKing, whatever) is replacing my battery pack. COOOL! And even better, I don't have to send the bad pack back to them!
Old Sep 28, 2009, 12:26 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,515 Posts
Thank you, sir, for that bit of optimism.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Sep 28, 2009, 12:29 AM
Joined Aug 2009
12,515 Posts
You forgot to United Hobbies. I get really confused unless you write all three names. HCUHHK!!!! Sounds like someone coughing.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 01:17 AM
Oh look I'm bleeding...
USA, IL, Rock Island
Joined Dec 2005
379 Posts
funny stuff, read the description

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10069
Old Sep 28, 2009, 02:29 AM
Joined Aug 2007
438 Posts
Lol Nice shirt there Ken. So I took the Nutball over to our Church to entertain my self after service (while everyone snacks on fried chicken......) So after I wait for the winds to die down i pull out the NB. Wow you would have thought I had walked out with a big pail of candy because ALL the kids start following me like a magnet (yep its common) So after a 2 second safety talk of "stay behind me" I go to fly it. Goes pretty good minus the fact that my prop vibrated like mad.... blah blah blah. So after *ALL* the kids leave (well almost all) one who I know asks if he can fly it. i make sure no one else is around so we don't have the winey crap I deal with a LOT(yep its annoying). So to my shock I find a person who seems to IMO fly pretty good with the nutball in windy weather. Did it for about 4 seconds before I had him cut the gas because of a tree/the motor pulling out of its mount. Later I fix the mount sliding issue (little friction tape stuff) and proceed to show off my skills in a small room. Did pretty good, i still need more practice with it though. So after that I take it outside, cruse a little until I notice the "roof terrorists" coming up (bad) so I get the plane down in a VERY unorthodox pattern, it lands inside the storage area for a dumpster (helps when you can move the servos to find your plane ) So wire breaks... I do a hack job of re-connecting it without soldering. Take it up again, but this time it gives out in a prop hang 6' off the ground... BAM right into the pavement,. Ya that made light work of the ply motor mount. On getting home 5 minutes with some epoxy and the soldering iron.... and we are good to go again. Lessons learned:
Dont fly this guy in wind... he is crap
Fix the floppy motor mount
I have to find some low cost stuff for an up and coming pilot (mostly radios... im a bit iffy about the HC ones since some complain of them loosing "sync"....)
And fix the slightly floppy rudder mounting (needs a little more epoxy) all in all though, its a great flier and I hope to get more good runs out of this lil guy
calvino is offline Find More Posts by calvino
Old Sep 28, 2009, 08:58 AM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,385 Posts
Nice story Cal, I haven't developed the repair on the spot attitude yet, I'm more of a "well that's it for today" kind of guy.
Your avatar kind of throws me off. I'm used to the one you have on the other site , I haven't even figured out how to put one on this site yet. Learning curve, not adapted yet. btw, don't really see the big difference, I have already been reprimanded on this site once.

Taylor, love the T-shirt description. awesome!
I would like to wear one to a trade show, it might be an eye opener for some, but I wouldn't wear it to my LHS, don't want to burn any bridges
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Sep 28, 2009, 09:03 AM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,385 Posts
Hey guys,
What's up with this low wing Cessna? I didn't know there was such a thing.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=10081
Speaking of learning curve, I have been wishing hobbycity, king, united had a wish list and I just found it, yeah, now I don't have to write it all down
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Sep 28, 2009, 09:07 AM
Vietnam Vet US NAVY
Joined May 2004
301 Posts
Ken,

I like the shirt too. My LHS in Florida buys from them in quantity and only marks the stuff up a little. The batteries that I buy for say $19.00 plus shipping, they sell for $24.00. I think that is a very fair mark up. If you only needed a few things, I would certainly buy local, just to keep them going. I retired 20 years ago from retail sporting goods, so I know about competing with the big guys. You can do it, and I did for a long time.

Too windy for a video of BBB
Captainrandy is offline Find More Posts by Captainrandy
Old Sep 28, 2009, 09:27 AM
Badius Boy
Windsor ON Canada
Joined Mar 2007
479 Posts
C'mon Pappy ! I want to hear about that thing - I think it's going to be fast. My feeling is that fuselage aerodynamics are SO overlooked. I was blown away by the original bat - the way it flew and I think the perfectly symmetrical fuse on any axis was a huge part.

I guess if you think about it that's the way airliners are designed... hmm.
export! is offline Find More Posts by export!
Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:38 AM
Glassman
Leesburg, VA
Joined Aug 2004
517 Posts
Wheelnut:

Where in NOVA are you? I live in Leesburg.

Maybe we can hook up sometime and fly?

Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelnut
What happened to my link in my last post? that was weird, it just disappeared

Cappy,
No wonder you are having weather like mine. You are not far away. I am currently residing in North VA. at least until my son gets out of school.
Lots of rain and no fun, well outside fun that is.

By nature you and I are old rivalries. I used to be a rice burner rider, but real men can see past that and realize that we love the same feeing of freedom when riding a real machine
Keep riden and enjoying life. you only get to go around once.
I vow to own a bike again someday.
TerryE is offline Find More Posts by TerryE
Old Sep 28, 2009, 12:21 PM
Syracuse NY area
Joined Dec 2003
58 Posts
wheelnut,
Maybe it is meant to be used when in flight? alarm would sound when voltage dropped. Draw by the lights in that usage would not mean a lot.

I have something that looks similar, checks the voltages on the cells with a small readout on it.

Low wing cessna... who cares what they call it! RTF at that price sounds like a must have for indoor flying.
NYFlyer is offline Find More Posts by NYFlyer
Old Sep 28, 2009, 05:43 PM
Joined Aug 2009
12,515 Posts
Ok, well, Old Man Winter is flexing his muscles now. He must have been working out a lot over the summer I guess. The winds were really, really harsh today and it's especially shocking because in two days we've gone from like 80 and sunny to 50 with extensive cloud cover and rain. Not a fun walk to the bus stop.....

Anywho, the wind worked. The items are oficially down and they are in my house now. THe ESC looks fine (haven't tested it) but the battery has a VERY slight bit of that water-bed feeling to it. Is it safe to try charging/using or should I just harvest the connectors and blow it up?

And finally, I have a new idea for a Weasel Jet variant. I was walking to the bus stop this morning in all the wind and I saw a big coroplast sign nailed to a tree. The wind was bending it a lot and I thought of how I could nail a second sign to the other side of the tree and bend them together to make an airfoil. Then I thought of how I could do the same thing with foam and my CF arrows. This would not only give me an airfoiled wing, it would also allow me to place stiffeners inside the wing so as not to add drag. Now that I have my speedy back I can build one and not worry about components.......... Cool. Best of all, it uses foam that's $1/sheet. Nice.

That will be all.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 05:47 PM
Joined Aug 2009
12,515 Posts
Ken, that's the best way to gurantee something I've ever seen. Cell phone companies should use that one........