HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:04 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
"OK, it's evening and I went out front to work with the SU-26. I discovered that it is deceptive, and it does not have save me from myself speed. I can't fly it with reduced elevator rates, and scarily 85% and 100% seem to be the same from my Eclipse 7. I have not tried to change the epa. The ailerons seem ok, I think that I will want to be using the rate switch for them. At no time did I feel like I had a stable aircraft, but the primary issues seemed to be top end power and balance.

The plane would climb, then top out, it was odd. I normally pick out my own power systems, and I think I would have gone for a little more power. But that isn't fair to the engineers at ParkZone. They spec'd this between the battery revolutions and probably during the runs of bad batteries.

So halfway through battery 2 I suffered a hard crash that broke the elevator pushrod and the fuse itself.

The 5x3 prop is so far the second best mod. Balancing is always number one. I have some UHU on hand, so the fuse is secondary. The push rod is different. Glue or replace?"

EEK, a transposted (I think I just made up a new word/term) post. If anyone has any thoughts please share

Tim
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:08 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4 Posts
Hello guys.
IAMSTINGRAY is offline Find More Posts by IAMSTINGRAY
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:11 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman
Gotta eyeball the green dots on individual names
l
l
l
l
l
l
<---
DOH!

I can't believe I never noticed that before....
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:18 PM
Boise Idaho
Joined Apr 2009
159 Posts
Pics of the current projects, Blue baby still needs servos, control rods, motor/ESC and receiver. P40 is only missing the motor/ESC and paint. Power systems are due to arrive Mon/Tue and I think I'll be visiting the LHS tomorrow, major storm rolling in so probably no flying.

Oh ya - gotta put the canopy on the P40 too, I'm thinking I'll paint the cockpit tonight.
Zrat is offline Find More Posts by Zrat
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:39 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Howdy Ray, that is a moniker. and a half

welcome to our new home

Tim
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:47 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,380 Posts
Well, I guess we're not doing so bad.... 5 pages already....

Ok, battery still isn't down from the tree. I am now waiting for it as well as a crescent wrench, a hammer, and a broken AC adapter, all of which could fall on an unwary person's head at any moment I mean...

That Wright Flyer is seriously nice. Looks like something I'd fiddle with for weeks, then finally go out to fly it and crash and paint it bright green to hide the glue lines... Or maybe I'd cram a few hundred extra watts on it and fly it to death. Certainly no way I could handle owning something like that and not FUBARing it......

How tricky is fiberglassing? I've been considering a new, improved Beaver Jet with an airfoil and such. If I do it may end up in the 500-600W+ range just because I want something scary powerful...... And therein lies the need for FG.
C₄H₁₀ is online now Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:49 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,380 Posts
Oh, yeah, hi Stingray!

I posted this mostly to greet a fellow Badius Boy but also to raise my post count a little....
C₄H₁₀ is online now Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:56 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4 Posts
Thanks for the greetings. I just finished up another Streamer Combat plane. I think it's a 100% go for a morning of flying tomorrow. Hoping to have a good flight report.

Later.
IAMSTINGRAY is offline Find More Posts by IAMSTINGRAY
Old Aug 29, 2009, 10:04 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
TP to be fair I have transposted this :
Tim, the experiment guidelines are as follows:

1) The lithium-polymer cell group, hereforth referred to as the Battery, was attached to the electronic speed control, hereforth referred to as the ESC, so as to supply it with power and, in effect, grant [the pilot] control of an experimental aircraft, hereforth known as the Weasel Jet.

2) The Weasel Jet was flown via radio-control to an altitude of approximately 55m.

3) A large number of winged blood-sucking insects hereforth known as mosquitoes swarmed the pilot with the intention of sucking his blood. The mosquitoes succeeded in this as well as making the pilot extremely agitated. The pilot swatted crazily at the mosquitoes and in doing so lost control of the aircraft.

4) A combination of gravity and motor thrust forced the Weasel Jet downward into the top of a large, woody-stemmed plant hereforth known as a tree. Because of the location of the Weasel Jet prior to the incident, it ended up at the very top of the tree.

5) Momentum forced the motor and attached wooden stick to be thrown to the ground, along with a control unit hereforth knwn as a servo. Several projectiles were launched at the aircraft until light was insufficient to facilitate aiming.

6) The aircraft fuselage, wing, and other servo were recovered today but the ESC and battery remain attached to a branch of the tree by an unknown joining method.

my initial response. You mean that you were not piloting by brainwave via the TX?

Now the horrid critters known as Mosquitoes have been banned it my location. The are insecta non grata. We have declared a cool enough evening temp that strongly discourages these micro vampires.

We all know that while gravity has some benefits, it also has it's major drawbacks, some of them attacking our sisters, and of course it is questionable for flying. As an aside, Ken seems to have it on good info that Lou is in charge of the gravity grab/ tree militia terrorists.

I think We need to rethink your problem. You were attacked by an overwhelming combination of evil terrorists, first being the blood sucking, vampiric parasites known as Mosquitoes. But this seems to have been a joint attack as the Mosquitoes allowed the truly horrific Tree Magnet Militia to try to snatch your plane. And then they deveined your plane like a shrimp, but keeping the good stuff.

As the TMM presently holds one of my planes hostage, I do not have a good answer other than Operation Chainsaw.

Tim

Tim, Operation Chainsaw is against the regulations set by PETOP (People for the Ethical Treatment of Plants). They'ed end up burning my house down.

I was forced to go with Operation TOSS (Tools On Strong Strings). I tied one nylon cord to a hammer and a second one to a crescent wrench and swung them through a wide, fast arc, allowing me to develope far more throwing power than a normal arm has. It's also deadly accurate. I can nail an acorn with the wrench at 30 yards. Both, however, are also now stuck up trees due to the nature of the 2' string that trails after them.

Cal, I've certainly HEARD of bug spray, but I've never used it to repel bugs. Until now I asumed it was a spray-on flavoring for grilled meats. Thanks for the idea.

I have used similar operation using a device normally used in an aquatic area. I call it Fishing pole Launched Aerial Weight. The goal is to cast up to 100' up, and pray that the line doesn't break to often.

Tim

Yes, this is yesterdays traffic. But it is fun isn't it
Old Aug 29, 2009, 10:07 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Cal, please look at metacafe and vimeo.

Tim
Old Aug 29, 2009, 11:04 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,567 Posts
After reading the above ^..... post 69....

I can't help but think.....

What in the world have I let myself in here for?

You guys are weird.
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex
Old Aug 29, 2009, 11:18 PM
Oh look I'm bleeding...
USA, IL, Rock Island
Joined Dec 2005
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxiex

You guys are weird.

Much more interesting wouldn't you say?
ktaylor is offline Find More Posts by ktaylor
Old Aug 29, 2009, 11:45 PM
Boise Idaho
Joined Apr 2009
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxiex

You guys are weird.

We'll take all comers, don't hesitate to cut loose
Old Aug 29, 2009, 11:47 PM
WARNING: May contain spam
Joined Oct 2007
20,928 Posts
Well, i'm having a BLAST with my Phase 3 Squall! 4S EDF

If you want speed, then grab one before they stop selling them. The 4S has a top speed around 100mph level flight Oh yeah, the roll rate is about 1.27 x10^93 rolls per second (or for you non technical people, it's too fast to believe ).
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Aug 30, 2009, 12:07 AM
Boise Idaho
Joined Apr 2009
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
Well, i'm having a BLAST with my Phase 3 Squall! 4S EDF

If you want speed, then grab one before they stop selling them. The 4S has a top speed around 100mph level flight Oh yeah, the roll rate is about 1.27 x10^93 rolls per second (or for you non technical people, it's too fast to believe ).

The thrust vectoring combo w/ 4S 30C batt included for $180, seem's like a grat deal, not sure the SO will put up with another order right now