SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 29, 2009, 04:44 PM
Boise Idaho
Joined Apr 2009
159 Posts
Guess I'll have to hold off on a mega size plane, no charger for anything bigger than 3S. I do have a MKII field charger, maybe I'll get a cell balancer...Hmmm???
Zrat is offline Find More Posts by Zrat
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2009, 05:31 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,573 Posts
The Wright Stick!

Any airplane huh?

Ok, I don't have any questions, but I like to show off my FPV Wright Flyer.
Also known as the Wright Stick.

This plane is made from 2 GWS Slow Stick kits, and the Wright Stick kit from Radical RC.

http://www.radicalrc.com/shop/index.php?cat=249&

It flys very nicely and can handle a fair bit of wind.

Mine is now equipped with a pair of Park 450's and T-Bird 18 esc's. 4000mah 3s, and C/R APC 10X4.7 S/F props.

Radical RC Wright Stick, Full FPV flying! (2 min 57 sec)

Radical RC Wright Stick FPV flight #2 (5 min 20 sec)
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex
Old Aug 29, 2009, 05:48 PM
Joined Aug 2009
137 Posts
That Wright Flyer is really cool. I luv people with imagination
patnchris is offline Find More Posts by patnchris
Old Aug 29, 2009, 05:49 PM
Boise Idaho
Joined Apr 2009
159 Posts
Galaxiex - Welcome to the trhread. That is one fine SlowStick, I'd venture a guess it isn't your first build. Neat plane!
Old Aug 29, 2009, 05:57 PM
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,573 Posts
Thanks guys!

The Wright Stick is an absolute hoot to fly!
I have always liked the Wright Flyer, I had a static scale model of it when I was a kid.

Zrat, yeaaah.... not my first build... but I have only been in this hobby since.... well... look at my join date...

Still just a newb really....
Old Aug 29, 2009, 07:09 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Galaxiex, that is way to cool. I think Shun Da id a small Wright flyer, I thought about getting one and re doing the gear, but then I remembered that I am me. And that it could be a long time until I did it.

OK, this is a real flight report . I took the Unique and the swift2 off to the field. 4 batteries for the Unique and 1 for the Swift2. The wind was still gusting pretty good but it was no longer steady.

I did the ground checks on the Unique, revved it up and let go. Nice gentle rise following the angle of launch. Hit the timer and started the show with a giant outside loop that I almost chickened out on I had about15' to spare, but that was the first move in almost a month. And at that point the aerobatics were on. Someday, I will learn all the names, but climbing nearly straight up into an aileron roll to stall and then half roll out, I seemed to focus on more vertical stuff with rolls than horizontal into loops today. I flew through 2 batteries, then flew the swift 2 and back to the unique for the other 2 batteries. I think the Unique is the best $50 air frame ever. Ever. Until I find something else that is better

Next up was the Swift2, I went back to the smaller motor and it is happy again. By the time I had the Swift2 up I knew that the folks at the Fireman's Muster could see the planes. I knew this because one of the guys there came putting up on a Honda Trail 70. We discussed the material that the planes are made of, the quote was something along the lines of "Theyr'e Styrofoam?!?" He then mentioned that they were quiet, and I chuckled with him. Then I grabbed the swift2 and he said, "The tanks full right?". Umm, yeah, they are electric. More disbelief, then I did my control check, overhand toss hit the power. That's when I heard and it just flies out of your hand, no true technically with this plane. Anyway he watched the swift2 flight including a rather horrific crash when I got behind on the controls and forgot the rule. Use the force not the sticks. and then I demonstrated the joy of foam, surface check was ok, toss and fly some more

I then went to the elementary school for the micro sukhoi, but the wind was just too much. I should also admit that I had the usual number of kids show up, but I don't think they were locals. The local kids have an idea of who I am and that I will talk to them and let them check out the planes.

Oh Zrat, get a power supply and an accucel-6. I have the Accucel charging a pair of evo 3s1345's right now, with the new style charge adapter.

Also I posted pics of my currently flyable plane on my blog.

Tim
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Last edited by FERNDALE AIR FOR; Aug 29, 2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 08:14 PM
Savannah Ga
Joined Apr 2009
49 Posts
Galaxiex now that is very cool, nice job

Tim good reports

Zrat you don't have to use anything bigger than 3S for the bigger planes
I have 4 planes wit 6' WS and they all fly using 3S batts
you just have to hook them together to create what you need

Ken is the Man when it comes to figuring out what will work

well I've been working on the cessna a little bit, had some outside projects that needed my attention today
but now I have all the stringers done, I have the LG mounting and LG wire bent
I cut out the windsheild and rear window but the material was warped so I put it in a weighted book for a while
I think all I have to do now is make the servo tray and run the linkage, then figure out where I will need the batt to sit
then it's time to start covering it
aj1202 is offline Find More Posts by aj1202
Old Aug 29, 2009, 08:21 PM
Savannah Ga
Joined Apr 2009
49 Posts
OK different subject
is there any way to know who is on this thread

can you just go to last post from the main page and if so how

how do you post a pic

hate to ask stupid Q but this is all new to me here
Old Aug 29, 2009, 08:40 PM
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,573 Posts
You can see who is on if you click on "Return to Parkflyers" at the top or bttom of the page.
Scroll to the bottom of the main Parkflyers page and you will see all members in Parkflyers.

I don't know of a way to show members in a specific thread...

To upload a picture click on "Go Advanced"... scroll down a bit and you will see "Manage Attachments"... click on that and navigate to the pics you want to upload.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 08:48 PM
Oh look I'm bleeding...
USA, IL, Rock Island
Joined Dec 2005
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrat
Guess I'll have to hold off on a mega size plane, no charger for anything bigger than 3S. I do have a MKII field charger, maybe I'll get a cell balancer...Hmmm???
Rat, it's simple, I fly all different kinds of voltages. My screamer uses 6 cell power, two 3 cell packs hooked up together for 6 cell. They can be unplugged & charged as two individual 3 cell packs. You just need to make a seiries connector. Look at my picture I added. That's for hooking up two packs. So you could hook up a 2 cell & 3 cell & get 5 cell, or lets say you wanted 9 cell & you have 3 packs, add a third connector down at the bottom hooked in the same way & you get 9 cell. I've hooked up 4 packs before for 12 cell.
ktaylor is offline Find More Posts by ktaylor
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:12 PM
Savannah Ga
Joined Apr 2009
49 Posts
Thanks for the tip

OK so lets give it a try, I might as well start posting pics here too

first pic is the Eagle since I finished the cowl, next up,,,, wings
next pic is current status of the cessna, I just pinned the ele stab and rudder stab for the pic
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:16 PM
Oh look I'm bleeding...
USA, IL, Rock Island
Joined Dec 2005
379 Posts
AJ, looking good!

Here's a short video of the swallow flying thanks to Nate & AJ trying to catch it on camera.

http://www.badiusownersclub.com/video/swallow.wmv
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:44 PM
Boise Idaho
Joined Apr 2009
159 Posts
Any concerns with C rate when hooking multiple packs together, I thought you would need matched packs to run them either series or parallel...

That Swallow rip's, any idea what the top speed is? Looks to be triple digit
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:47 PM
Oh look I'm bleeding...
USA, IL, Rock Island
Joined Dec 2005
379 Posts
guessing 110, not sure though.

Yes, you need identical packs when hooking them together & all need to be equally charged.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:49 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1202
is there any way to know who is on this thread
Gotta eyeball the green dots on individual names
l
l