HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2009, 11:25 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
OK, we seem to have a lack of a topic. Being here doesn't seem to make it,

So here is my plan for tomorrow, and yes, it might be a bit ambitious.

Swift2 gets 1 battery

Slow Stick Xtreme(SSX) gets a flight tomorrow

The Ultimate, barring wind gets to crash or fly

The quick 1 , pondering the build decisions

And then I will decide to fly my MSC Unique first. And probably last.

Tim
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2009, 11:29 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
See line one.

See me realize that I just pointed out that our point was made

And it was unintentional.

OohRah Badi

Tim
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Aug 29, 2009, 12:14 AM
Boise Idaho
Joined Apr 2009
159 Posts
Blue Baby progress

Got the vert stabilizer glued on the 33" WS Blue Baby, used GWS on the whole plane which is a first, mainly because I have so much laying around and I've never tried it. Taped a big nut on the front to balance it out, motor won't be here until next week. Glide tests went very well, I think this will be a nice handling plane. My little co-pilot had to try a few tosses as well, minor damage, 1st he threw it into the chain link fence and dinged the nose, next try the LG broke the monoblock, had to epoxy that part. I've got him taking off and landing the BLT park flier on Real Flight G4 so I'm going to let him try the real thing, probably start with the SP400/2S SlowStick with the dihedral wing and no ailerons. Maybe we can get out Sunday AM, I'm really looking forward to having a fly buddy
Zrat is offline Find More Posts by Zrat
Old Aug 29, 2009, 01:54 AM
Joined Aug 2007
438 Posts
Hey guys.... good excuse to get me signing back into RCG eh . Zrat, nice work on the Blue Baby.... A word of warning with the GWS glue, if you apply it to thickly... it wil want to "foam up" and makes a mess.... adds weight and you get the idea. I like FS (foam safe) CA, or Epoxy. FSCA is nice but its not the cheapest... and Epoxy is well epoxy... heavy and takes a year to dry sadly. I should get the "fish" done soon... For all those who do NOT know what the "fish" is, it is a plane in this shape ><> with a V-tail on the rear. I am planning to get it going with my 16Gram HXT once I get it re-wound to keep the weight down.
calvino is offline Find More Posts by calvino
Old Aug 29, 2009, 07:40 AM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Jun 2009
247 Posts
Okay, how about this:

Why does CA bond instantly to skin. What is it about skin that's so attractive?
fingersintrlcd is offline Find More Posts by fingersintrlcd
Old Aug 29, 2009, 07:59 AM
Joined Dec 2005
361 Posts
So I have a confession to make. I am one fo those guys that uses their fingers to get CA where I want it. I always start out with a toothpick or piece of balsa, or popsicle stick. I start out by putting a nice drop on the end of said apparatus and then I go in with the best intentions of keeping my fingers out of the glue. It usually takes all of about 2 seconds for me to get frustrated and stick my fingers in there and start smoothing it out. I just did this again last night while glueing in a blind nut that had fallen out of my Suhkoi.

The best part is the next day you get peel and chew the CA off of your fingers. Just make sure your wife doesn't catch you. For some reasons it annoys females when you chew glue off of your hands and spit the little pieces across the living room.
Adam G is offline Find More Posts by Adam G
Old Aug 29, 2009, 08:54 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,614 Posts
Well I didnt make the front page but Im kickin yalls A** on post count...LOLOL

Welcome to my World!!!

Gratuitous Piccy's
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Last edited by Dad_Roman; Aug 29, 2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 08:56 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingersintrlcd
Okay, how about this:

Why does CA bond instantly to skin. What is it about skin that's so attractive?

CA loves contaminantes and moisture....of which your skin has lots of. Dirt, flakes, oils, water (sweat)

Add CA and BAM
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Aug 29, 2009, 08:58 AM
Oh look I'm bleeding...
USA, IL, Rock Island
Joined Dec 2005
379 Posts
Fingers, CA was originally developed for the medical industry for closing wounds. Turned out that it didn't work exactly as they wanted, but that it was a great glue for lots of other stuff though & here we are today. Alkalines also seem to set it off, & maybe there's some of that in your skin.

Adam, I do the same thing here, end up using my finger tips as a spreader to smooth out the CA. Except my wife likes peeling the glue off of my fingers, she's strange like that. She also has a thing for when I get a sunburn, loves peeling the burnt dead skin off.
ktaylor is offline Find More Posts by ktaylor
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:26 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman
Well I didnt make the front page but Im kickin yalls A** on post count...LOLOL

Welcome to my World!!!

Gratuitous Piccy's
What are those funny looking things on the front of your planes?

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:26 AM
Joined Dec 2005
361 Posts
Dad,

I love that twist with the blue covering and the wings on it. I have seen a pic of that before and definately remember it. Thanks for posting the pics. I am severely lacking in plane pics on this laptop or I would post a few.

Ken,

That is too funny. Does she know that you are posting that info on the WWW?

No flying this morning. Kids got up early (6:30am) and we were up quite a bit last night. My 2 year old is a little sick and running a fever so I got to sleep on the floor half the night. He was having those fever dreams I think we have all had when sick. They seem to be very vivid and scary. Poor little guy. Needless to say we are going to hang out and rest up.

It is 9:20am and judging by the trees in the back yard we are already over a 10mph wind so it is going to be a windy one. Perhaps tonight I will get a chance to get out.
Adam G is offline Find More Posts by Adam G
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:46 AM
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
hey guys! good to see folks comming over here!

don't think i'll be flying this weekend, the kids take up most of my time. tons of rain, the parks are probably all muddy anyways.

next project, since i have all of this time on my hands, is to repair my wm zero. might as well get some of the planes that are in the attic boneyard flying again. last week my project was my elfite jug. needed a few servos and some other minor repairs.

the zero needs the whole fuselage to be built, and i have a spare. i let this one get wide on a windy day and clipped a tree. oops! just a couple of days to swap some components out, build the tail planes, and install the motor. should keep me busy......
rob737 is offline Find More Posts by rob737
Last edited by rob737; Aug 29, 2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 10:13 AM
Oh look I'm bleeding...
USA, IL, Rock Island
Joined Dec 2005
379 Posts
Here's the video of brad's Agri Duck

http://www.badiusownersclub.com/video/duck.wmv
ktaylor is offline Find More Posts by ktaylor
Old Aug 29, 2009, 10:36 AM
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
nice!
rob737 is offline Find More Posts by rob737
Old Aug 29, 2009, 10:37 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Another mass exodus from the dark side? You'd think they would learn eventually. Oh well, their loss, our gain. I'm very happy to know that a bunch of experienced modelers and flyers have made their way here and bring a wealth of knowledge with them. Welcome, welcome, a thousand times welcome!!!

Adam G, that is Dad R's Screamin' Eagle, or actually his son's. It flys as good as it looks too.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966