Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 03, 2009, 06:12 AM
Joined Aug 2009
137 Posts
Ken,
What facility is there?....Will we be able to camp at the field?
patnchris is offline Find More Posts by patnchris
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2009, 07:09 AM
Oh look I'm bleeding...
USA, IL, Rock Island
Joined Dec 2005
379 Posts
OK, here's the story. My company bought 80 acres of woods & grassland. They currently mow 6 acres of it. In 3 weeks the materials for a "Barn" will be showing up. This "barn" will have a bathroom with shower & toilet. Concrete floor. a Kitchenette area. Oh and ELECTRICITY! If I remember correctly the measurements are 36x60. I'll be going up there this weekend to scout out a location for the runway. There's a tractor on site that I'll be able to use to prepare a runway. If there is enough interest, I'll get a runway prepped for next year. The company owner has already told me he would be OK with me having a bunch of crazies come in & crash planes.

Here's a google picture. The yellow outline shows the property lines.
ktaylor is offline Find More Posts by ktaylor
Old Sep 03, 2009, 08:08 AM
Glassman
Leesburg, VA
Joined Aug 2004
517 Posts
14 hours.
may be doable if I got a good deal on an RV.
With the baby and 2 dogs, its the only way I could make it.
I am a definite maybe
TerryE is offline Find More Posts by TerryE
Old Sep 03, 2009, 08:33 AM
Syracuse NY area
Joined Dec 2003
58 Posts
sounds like an interesting possibility, I will hopefully have a better more reliable vehicle by then. Cube is getting too old and questionable for that distance.
NYFlyer is offline Find More Posts by NYFlyer
Old Sep 03, 2009, 10:14 AM
Ventura, CA
Joined Dec 2004
379 Posts
I'm not sure I wanna know how far away it is. I just need to know if a BBQ will be there. Might need 2 of those and one big smoker. Scott and I might have a baby back rib contest.

Where the heck is Mac?
loubud is offline Find More Posts by loubud
Old Sep 03, 2009, 10:39 AM
Joined Jan 2008
441 Posts
i wish i could make it. a little to far!!!

tim i've built a few bb's using "elmers foam board". just spray the two sides with alcohol put it in a plastic trash bag for 1/2 hr and peel off the paper. works pretty good.
gramps
gramps45 is offline Find More Posts by gramps45
Old Sep 03, 2009, 10:43 AM
Oh look I'm bleeding...
USA, IL, Rock Island
Joined Dec 2005
379 Posts
here's the GPS coordinates

42 6'19.99"N
9046'44.12"W
Old Sep 03, 2009, 10:44 AM
Oh look I'm bleeding...
USA, IL, Rock Island
Joined Dec 2005
379 Posts
Phil, just do like Mac, pick out a few of your favorites that are ready to fly, bring a few spare parts & some tools, good to go.
Old Sep 03, 2009, 10:47 AM
Ventura, CA
Joined Dec 2004
379 Posts
Dag Nabbit.
1,944 miles and 28 hours of driving. I'm not doing that. I'll drive to Kate's house and then drive to the Fly In. Only an hour away if I start there.
OK, I feel better now.

Pat, Adam, TP and the rest of you Mudflaps that are a handful of hours away better be there. Cal can ride with Doggy.

OH Shoot. Need a date for this. One that allows those Whippersnappers that are in School to go.

What's this? Gramps can't go? Gotta rethink my plans.
Old Sep 03, 2009, 12:41 PM
Oh look I'm bleeding...
USA, IL, Rock Island
Joined Dec 2005
379 Posts
Lou, That beats your trips out east by 13 hours or so doesn't it?

Should be able to come across a smoker. If not I'll con the bossman into buying one for the farm.

So, tents will be welcome, no reason RV's or pull behinds can't make it either. Only issue may be what the road in will be like. I still have to get an actual look around. I've only seen pictures.
Old Sep 03, 2009, 12:51 PM
Ventura, CA
Joined Dec 2004
379 Posts
An hour here, hour there. I'm thinking of taking a different route. I want to avoid the Rockies. Taking the shortest route to HWY 80 only adds an hour or so. I can see it now. Little Toyoady motor frying going up a steep grade and me sitting in a tiny hotel room waiting for a new motor and getting it fixed in time to drive home. Wish I had the OOPS car. No hill to big for that thing.
Old Sep 03, 2009, 01:50 PM
Glassman
Leesburg, VA
Joined Aug 2004
517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubud
Wish I had the OOPS car.
That is the last thing I ever thought I would hear you say!
Old Sep 03, 2009, 02:13 PM
Ventura, CA
Joined Dec 2004
379 Posts
Terry,
The OOPS car was bought back by MBUSA because of misc. stuff they couldn't fix. I should have said the 2008 one if it was okie dokie. The 2008 was loaded. Faster than any factory Caddy or Lincoln. Ah well. So it goes.
OH, nothing better than a RV with youngins. I had a truck/camper I bought when Lindsay was 1 1/2. Best thing I ever did. Nap time, diaper time, potty time, all very simple. No looking for a public restroom when out and about and you can go anywhere at any time.
Old Sep 03, 2009, 02:22 PM
Glassman
Leesburg, VA
Joined Aug 2004
517 Posts
Yeah, once the finances get a little better I am going to start looking for a used one. The cost of renting is NUTS!
Old Sep 03, 2009, 03:00 PM
Joined Dec 2005
361 Posts
I have official permission from wifey to go. she said i amy have to bring her but I could go one way or another. So I crossed that hurdle already. just putting that in here so i can go back and show her when the time come if she doesn't remember. TP14 you can hitch a ride with me and my family if you want to. Although i would not let my 14 year old travel across the country with some crazy dude like me! The offer is open just the same.
Adam G is offline Find More Posts by Adam G