HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 24, 2011, 07:23 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,139 Posts
Rick did you get my point? Mode thanks for the grammar lesson, I'm guessing you missed it.
Mike
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Last edited by mike2663; Feb 24, 2011 at 07:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2011, 08:03 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootnstarz View Post

I do shamelessly make extra hobby funds assembling ARFs and repairing damaged ones for those whose flying skills are on par with their building skills.

Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2663 View Post
I do the exact same thing here. I do all the ARF ,helicopter builds and repairs for the LHS and I feel no shame at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mode One View Post
So, Shootnstarz has no shame in assembling ARFs; or, repairing damaged ones, doing exactly the same things as you do, while you "feel no shame at all".

Are you disagreeing with him, because he does the same thing you do? Or, are you thinking because he does it shamelessly, he is admitting he has some shame?
Read the posts again. They are both saying they feel no shame in building ARF's for other people.
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Old Feb 25, 2011, 05:31 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2006
4,258 Posts
Mode One is offline Find More Posts by Mode One
Last edited by Mode One; Feb 26, 2011 at 05:41 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 06:15 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,574 Posts
Behave. All of you. Please !

This is no way to promote the hobby.

Please play nice.
TomCrump is online now Find More Posts by TomCrump
Last edited by TomCrump; Feb 25, 2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 07:29 AM
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,139 Posts
Quote:
No need to read anything over again! I understood what was said perfectly! It was a comprehension problem for mike2663's. If you'd of quoted the comment in its' entirety my comments about what Mike said, would have made sense to you, Chuck.

I was poking some good hearted fun at Mikes statements. Then Mike2663 dragged it into the dirt by denigrating my reading comprehension skills with his: "I'm guessing you missed it" comment.

Then, you, purposely leave out the lead comment of what Mike said and thereby change the tone of what was said, with your post!

You guys are no fun at all and I wonder if you two are attached at the middle? Seems like I can't make a comment on anything without raising your communal ill will!
I have no "ill will" nor wish to drag this thread off topic but, I would like you to point out just where you were "poking some good hearted fun at Mikes statements". It sure din't read that way.
Mike
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:45 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2006
4,258 Posts
I have built airplanes, grown tired of flying them and sold them, almost always selling for less then I had in them and especially if you think your time is worth anything. I have built ARFs for people and done repair work for hire. There are probably many, many of us who will do this for money. It is a good way to earn funds for what ever you need them for. It is not something extraordinary, however!

If you've put your share of kits together; or, built your share of scratch builds then you have skills that others may be able to make use of and you can be of service by offering help. I started this thread in the hopes of promoting building. After 77 pages of information, photos of projects people are involved in, helpful hints, idle chit-chat on the subject, I think the thread has been fairly successful. I don't know if anyone has actually started building an R/C airplane because of something said, shown; or, someone they talked with here, that gave assistance and inspiration. However, I know people have helped others along the way, right here, on this thread. It certainly isn't me that has caused this to happen, it's the people who come here to be helpful! And to those of you of this bent, I say thank you for your help!

I'm tired of the petty bickering that seems to be one of the constants here on these internet forums and yes, I'm every bit as guilty of partaking in this bickering as anyone else and I will probably do it again! Know this however: I wish it would cease and I think Those of us who get involved with it, really are better then this!
Last edited by Mode One; Feb 25, 2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:54 PM
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,139 Posts
So stop "analyzing" everyone's posts (well not everyone just a "chosen" few) and just live and let live. Pretty simple way to solve and put an end to this nonsense.
Mike
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:09 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2006
4,258 Posts
Whatever, Mike!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:11 PM
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,139 Posts
Great then were back on topic.
Thanks
Mike
Old Feb 25, 2011, 05:34 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2006
4,258 Posts
Let's try to move on. The idea is to promote the building on R/C model airplanes. Pretty simple! Widc4rd, how is your Gangster Build coming?
Last edited by Mode One; Feb 25, 2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 05:46 PM
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,139 Posts
Back on topic I was in the LHS this morning a saw a CG Chipmunk kit sitting there. I inquired about it and was told a guy walked in and wanted to build a kit and ordered it. A positive sign.
Mike
Old Feb 25, 2011, 08:36 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2663 View Post
Back on topic I was in the LHS this morning a saw a CG Chipmunk kit sitting there. I inquired about it and was told a guy walked in and wanted to build a kit and ordered it. A positive sign.
Mike
I know it's been posted before, but for the new readers, here's a list of makers of fine balsa kits from mild to wild. The sheer number of them leads me to believe that building may not be a lost avenue at all.

Chuck
Old Feb 26, 2011, 12:21 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlyZone View Post
Read the posts again. They are both saying they feel no shame in building ARF's for other people.
Quote:
No need to read anything over again! I understood what was said perfectly! It was a comprehension problem for mike2663's. If you'd of quoted the comment in its' entirety my comments about what Mike said, would have made sense to you, Chuck.

I was poking some good hearted fun at Mikes statements. Then Mike2663 dragged it into the dirt by denigrating my reading comprehension skills with his: "I'm guessing you missed it" comment.

Then, you, purposely leave out the lead comment of what Mike said and thereby change the tone of what was said, with your post!

You guys are no fun at all and I wonder if you two are attached at the middle? Seems like I can't make a comment on anything without raising your communal ill will!
My comment to you was worded with respect and without insults. It was simply to get you to see that maybe you had misread the post.

Your comment to me was highly insulting. If you would rather play that game, then I shall leave it to you to play alone.

You will either retract your insult voluntarily, or I will report it... and you will be forced to retract it. Your choice.

Chuck
Old Feb 26, 2011, 07:46 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,574 Posts
Come on !!! Give it up !!!

Can't we play nice ?

Just let this go, and move on.
TomCrump is online now Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:17 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2006
4,258 Posts
NoFlyZone, the comment that you were offended by has been removed. The only place it is visible now is where you and mike2663 have quoted me and the removal of that information is beyond my control. My last three post here, have moved on. I think I've made it clear that I'm tired of this petty garbage!
Last edited by Mode One; Feb 26, 2011 at 10:22 AM.
Closed Thread