Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:08 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,314 Posts
Ha Ha packardpursuit I help newbes with both foam and balsa . I was never to old to learn how to use foam and i have fun building my toon planes out of dollar tree foam. There are more of us balsa bashers who like to fly our FOAMYS in the gym all winter. joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:12 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
24,202 Posts
Hell yeah, CraksMeUp.

Just getting into CNC hotwiring (steep learning curve just now) - then the sky is the limit. Literally.

I'm hoping to turn out a few 'foamies' with it - and ultimately use foam plugs to produce fibreglass moulds for a glass fuze, wings etc. if it turns out to my liking.

Who said building was dead...?

BJ

PS - Andy... probably not everyone flys your brand of Tx. There's a few to choose from out there these days. And some pretty powerful "cheapies" too
BJ64 is offline Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:45 AM
Joined Jun 2009
3,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
Hell yeah, CraksMeUp.

Just getting into CNC hotwiring (steep learning curve just now) - then the sky is the limit. Literally.

I'm hoping to turn out a few 'foamies' with it - and ultimately use foam plugs to produce fibreglass moulds for a glass fuze, wings etc. if it turns out to my liking.

Who said building was dead...?

BJ

PS - Andy... probably not everyone flys your brand of Tx. There's a few to choose from out there these days. And some pretty powerful "cheapies" too
I could never build a CNC machine but i like seeing others build them /program them and make some great kits in foam and balsa . I know of 5 others on this site who have built either CNC machines or bought lazer cutting machine's . Like you said BJ (who says building is dead ? ) joe
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:43 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,487 Posts
BJ - I know. And you get what you pay for.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:21 PM
Heads up...
United States, VA, Stafford
Joined Jun 2009
744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post

Andy
Different thread for another time...
RMCCOR7737 is offline Find More Posts by RMCCOR7737
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:43 AM
Joined Jun 2009
24,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post

Andy
So who do you represent then?

JR/Spektrum? Futaba? Aurora?

BJ
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:56 AM
NSW, Australia
Joined Feb 2011
2,120 Posts
Spektrum mate.

I know some people are 'wary' of them but I love my DX7. Not a single issue so far and only one signal loss... but that was my fault as the receiver pack shat itself and brought the plane down.

Cheers - boingk
boingk is offline Find More Posts by boingk
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:53 AM
Joined Jun 2009
24,202 Posts
Nah - not what you use, BnK... I'm asking who Andy 'creates' for...

BJ
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:20 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,268 Posts
Quote:
Nah - not what you use, BnK... I'm asking who Andy 'creates' for...
You mean the Andy who has "Spektrum Dev Team" under his name on every post ? Have a guess !

Anyway I just popped back into this old thread after ignoring it for ages. I'm glad to see most people have finally got round to noticing that model building never went away. It's just a bit different from the way it was in "the good old days" .

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:23 PM
Joined Jun 2009
24,202 Posts
....just as well I use a DSX9 then, huh?

BJ (who can't read the small stuff without his specs on - which he refuses to wear, just coz...)
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:58 AM
Joined Jun 2009
3,314 Posts
Quote:
....just as well I use a DSX9 then, huh?

BJ (who can't read the small stuff without his specs on - which he refuses to wear, just coz...)
Ha Ha i wear glasses for up close on top of my head then walk around swearing while i look for them . joe
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:17 AM
Joined Jun 2009
24,202 Posts
Oh... I never do that... *whistles*

They're either on top of my head... or where I last put them down (anywhere within a 3 mile radius )

Then I started getting "smart"... bought about 5 pairs of +1 to +1.5 diopta (I'm long-sighted) cheapie glasses from a 2-Dollar shop up the road... put them in 'stategic' places. Never to be removed.

Yeh.. right... I still can't find me friggen glasses - and when I do... there's like 5 pairs all on top of each other in a heap.

I think I need some of the coily things they have on Bank biro's - so I can't remove them from where they are...

BJ
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:25 AM
Joined Jun 2009
3,314 Posts
Ha HA i walk out to my van with them on my head then take them off and leave them in there . Once i cant find anymore in the house i have to go back out to the van and stock up again. lol joe
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:52 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,487 Posts
Sounds like you guys need those "librarian" holders so they hang around your neck.

I only take mine off to read fine stuff. Anything past the tip of my nose needs them on.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread