HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:28 PM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
25,389 Posts
Thin? Ya think?

He did say he was generalising more than once. Must have conveniently missed that bit, huh?

And what has he got to apologise for? Having an opinion?

This is exactly what I've been talking about. Burn 'em while they're young. What a novel idea. And then say 'nobody is coming up through the ranks any more these days'. I wonder why

Ridiculing him and the rest of us Australians doesn't exactly endear brotherly friendship...

BJ
BJ64 is offline Find More Posts by BJ64
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:31 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,259 Posts
How's that turbine-powered hydro coming along?

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:34 PM
Suspended Account
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
9,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
Thin? Ya think?

He did say he was generalising more than once. Must have conveniently missed that bit, huh?

And what has he got to apologise for? Having an opinion?

This is exactly what I've been talking about. Burn 'em while they're young. What a novel idea. And then say 'nobody is coming up through the ranks any more these days'. I wonder why

Ridiculing him and the rest of us Australians doesn't exactly endear brotherly friendship...

BJ
Q.E.D.

You are entitled to yours, and I'm entitled to mine.

Actually, go back and read what I wrote: I did notice it, and I did mock myself for it.

Have a good one.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:47 PM
Joined Jun 2009
25,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
How's that turbine-powered hydro coming along?

Andy
Haven't done a thing on it for a long time, Andy.

Too busy building/flying/repairing planes lately LoL.

In fact, I haven't even fired the turbines up for probably close to 2 years (??).

I really should get back on the horse with that project - still some designing/building to do yet.

I think I'll stick to that and let Jonathon have his little fight with someone else...

BJ
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:52 PM
Suspended Account
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
9,069 Posts
Alright, if you can honestly say that you have no knowledge of an anti-american sentiment arising in your country for the last few years, then I'll say, hey, I'm totally wrong.

Now, can you honestly say that?

I do quite A BIT of traveling, first class, and began to notice it a few years back.

Addendum: so, the following is a commentary on a non-existent issue?

Q&A - Anti-Americanism among Australian Youth? (6 min 54 sec)
Last edited by JohnathanSwift; Nov 13, 2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:55 PM
The "pro" in procrastination
Canada, ON, Kingston
Joined Mar 2004
2,894 Posts
You see, that's the problem with our hobby, life, love and politics. Some folks would just rather be right than get along. Me, I'm going to go build something.

Steve
Steve85 is online now Find More Posts by Steve85
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:58 PM
Suspended Account
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
9,069 Posts
This has nothing to do with "right," "wrong" or metaphysics. I just finished a Trittle Luscumbe 8E, so I, too, am going to build something.

Now, I go to your country about 4 or 5 times a year, mostly in B.C. and Alberta, and have yet to encounter anything but polite, kind folks, and I hope that is also true in Ontario.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:05 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,259 Posts
Hey Jonathan, how about building along a plane from plans with me? I have a build thread started, why not make a parallel one? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1757827

Andy

PS - I won't be following the plans too closely, it's for a larger model than I'm building.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:07 PM
Suspended Account
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
9,069 Posts
Quote:
Hey Jonathan, how about building along a plane from plans with me? I have a build thread started, why not make a parallel one? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1757827

Andy

PS - I won't be following the plans too closely, it's for a larger model than I'm building.
That sounds like a plan.

I have some Dumas/Trittle 3 channel kits rat-holed.

Time to get one out....

Now, I may just use a Hitec "compatible" and my A 9 for this one.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:02 AM
Joined Jun 2009
25,389 Posts
Say...Andy...

Also started F-111 Part 3.

Still a ways to go yet, but I've finally settled on a 1:14 twin EDF version instead of leaping into a Turbine build (they're still ear-marked for the 'boat' atm).

Man, there's so much I want to do - but the weekends are gone before they bloody start! LoL

You still playing with Turbines?

Building - gotta love it

BJ
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:17 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,259 Posts
Sold my DV8R at our jet meet a few months ago. I got 2 weddings + 1 college graduation coming up in May.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:43 PM
United States, MI, Marquette
Joined Dec 2010
208 Posts
Quote:
Sold my DV8R at our jet meet a few months ago. I got 2 weddings + 1 college graduation coming up in May.

Andy
Your going to have to open the garage door and have one helluva sale Congrats on all 3.
Taget is online now Find More Posts by Taget
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:18 PM
United States, VT, Winooski
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
I agree that the "building gene" is handed down. My father used to work all day and build all nite. I took naps after school so I could stay up and help. They were good times but that was 50 years ago and times have changed. Life seems to be much more of a full-time job even for the young. And also a lot of us are living in smaller spaces in order to be closer to employment. Mary and I live in a 774 square foot apartment. It affords us short commutes to our jobs but doesn't leave much room for wings and fuselages. In my position I should be satisfied with a couple of RTF"s. However............being as crazy as any other modeler I ever met, I just bought a Balsa USA 1/6 scale Sopwith Pup, a folding table barely the length of the wing, and enough supplies to construct a Spruce Goose. With my fathers spirit at my shoulder, the only thing missing will be the smell of Ambroid. Wish me luck!
ZEKE1000 is offline Find More Posts by ZEKE1000
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:34 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEKE1000 View Post
I agree that the "building gene" is handed down. My father used to work all day and build all nite. I took naps after school so I could stay up and help. They were good times but that was 50 years ago and times have changed. Life seems to be much more of a full-time job even for the young. And also a lot of us are living in smaller spaces in order to be closer to employment. Mary and I live in a 774 square foot apartment. It affords us short commutes to our jobs but doesn't leave much room for wings and fuselages. In my position I should be satisfied with a couple of RTF"s. However............being as crazy as any other modeler I ever met, I just bought a Balsa USA 1/6 scale Sopwith Pup, a folding table barely the length of the wing, and enough supplies to construct a Spruce Goose. With my fathers spirit at my shoulder, the only thing missing will be the smell of Ambroid. Wish me luck!
I dont think you need our luck when you have your dad helping out ,just like i know the old farts that taught me are watching over my shoulder, a couple with foul remarks lol I just seen a guy post why he cant build,not enough time or its just easyer to buy a arf. This is not a race to the finish ,my short solent took me over a year because of family/work / just being draged out tired from everything but i got it done. BTW dont move your wings around with the ceiling fan running ,dont ask me how i know that. Good luck and please start a build thread so all can watch your build. joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:06 PM
United States, VT, Winooski
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Thanks for the good wishes Joe. The kit arrived last nite. I felt like a kid at Christmas. Much nicer parts and pieces than I remember when I was young. Full size plans and a magazine size build manual that's extremely well written (not in Chinglish). I think I'll start on the stab first. It's been a lot of years and I've got a layer of rust to shake off.

I'll try to start a build thread in the next week if I can figure out how. Thanks again.

Clif
ZEKE1000 is offline Find More Posts by ZEKE1000
Closed Thread