Internet Pro Top #37:

Ignore the BS and move on.
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:58 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
824 Posts
Maybe if we started going over there and telling you how to do things it would be different? The one who causes all this fuss doesn't even build foam or balsa.

And when our forum is setup we won't either.

Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
wow, you guys ought to take lessons from those crazy foamie scratch builders! Maybe it's the foam dust in our noses, but we just don't seem to get into these interminable pointless discussions.
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:02 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
4,020 Posts
Soooo..... back OT...

I got myself a little project airplane. Gonna build two...one from the kit, one straight from raw wood and plans (And whatever other modifications I happen to make)
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:02 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,087 Posts
Building a Trittle Luscumbe right now!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:06 PM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
861 Posts
Im going to get around to finishing off the rebuild of the simple. Just got to finish repairing a profile plane i got for free. Dunno if it is kit, scratch or arf. Siome simple reapairs and wait for the gear to arrive from hk when i get around to ordering it. It seems okay for a third hand plane. Im the fourth set of thumbs to control this thing.
scrub monkey is offline Find More Posts by scrub monkey
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:01 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
Sorry, but when revisionist history is presented, then one ought to expect that it is challenged. This is one of those cases. I am replying to the points being made in your posts and have made no comment whatsoever about you.
Frank, leccyflyer and me have tangled horns before and trust me when i say after looking at his home page and his thousands of useless posts he is not worth arguing with . joe
cracksmeup is online now Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:16 AM
Waiting for the paint to dry.
Pasadena Maryland
Joined Oct 2009
1,233 Posts
Yes you are.
I see Some of the oldest of posters in here taking more the one side to this. And I wonder why. All I can say is “to the new guys looking into the forum” they don’t know about all the old builds or bits and pieces all over the site. An on line on going school for building RC absolutely will add newer generation builders to the site when we let them know its available to them.
Someplace in this forum it asked “how do we bring model building back” We share what we do by telling them where to look for stuff like this build area. The new to building, even the oldest skills are unknown to them.

If your not here to help what are you doing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
No Frank, I am not harassing anyone. You do not get to determine who may post, or what they may post, or when they may post, or what they may choose to respond to.
ctrout is offline Find More Posts by ctrout
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:31 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
Frank, leccyflyer and me have tangled horns before and trust me when i say after looking at his home page and his thousands of useless posts he is not worth arguing with . joe
You are right Joe and to piggyback on that, I don't think anyone should argue because it just makes both people angry and then they start to nitpick at each other so much until one or both get banned from this site. Look at how many folks that has happened to in the past year.

Like I said in the other thread, I apologize for getting caught up the fray. Most don't know it, but I had a guy here follow me around RCG for years on end posting negative comments about me and trying to harass and bully me. That is a terrible feeling, trust me. When I saw lecy start doing the same thing, it felt like that all over again and I got carried away and probably said some things I should not have. I'm sorry I let that happen to myself and I'm sorry I cluttered up this thread with all that BS.

But the great news is that we got a new forum up and running that is dedicated to basla building! As you know, this is a first for RCG and since the foam builders has had two of them for quite some time, us balsa builders always felt a little left out. OK, maybe we didn't but it is nice to have the new forum.

http://www.rcgroups.com/balsa-builders-807/

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Last edited by Murocflyer; Oct 15, 2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: typo
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:36 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,087 Posts
Frank, please keep up the great work...now, back to my Trittle Luscombe.

FRANK, here is an idea: what about trying to get guys like Pat Trittle to publish short articles, here?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:45 AM
Joined Jun 2009
3,384 Posts
Yes do keep up the great work Frank and Johnathan stop bring up pat trittles name his nice tri pacer has been calling me for over a year now and i have to many builds now.lol joe
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:49 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,376 Posts
He does build threads, Jonathan. Or better yet, subscribe to Flying Models !

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:53 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,087 Posts
Andy, my thought is that articles from VARIOUS designers would help "bait the hook" for those who don't build, yet, or who have just begun.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:44 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2006
4,258 Posts
Although I am thrilled that there has been a Forum started for those of us who like building with balsa, I don't understand the rancor that seems to crop up when someone espouses one type of building method! I build with balsa and I also build with fiberglass and foam and even have two flat foam airplanes to build some day when the mood strikes. I have mostly 2 cycle glow airplanes; but, also have four stroke glow, gasoline and have a few electric airplanes. I also have ARFs! I expect that I will probably buy more ARFs, I also think I may be more involved with electric in the future. I am involved in all the aspects of the hobby that seem to cause problems for some of you! Why does it have to be this way?

This is a hobby, something I do for fun and because it gives me great satisfaction! I really think those of you who think the hobby should be done one particular way; or, are so upset with others, for what they say; or, do, should stop posting in the forums because you bum me and a lot of other people OUT! Find and do something you CAN be happy with!
Mode One is offline Find More Posts by Mode One
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:57 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,586 Posts
If you want to know how to bring model building back,visit Balsa Builder's new forum.
We have stopped wringing our hands,and done something about it.

In less than 24 hours of operation,we've filled a page with builds of what has to be a great cross-section of model aircraft.

From 17" balsa electrics,to 117" balsa-gas powered models,the mode of power is not an issue.

Having the desire,and a little ability,or in some cases,a lot of ability,to build a balsa model is the only requirement.

Join us to increase model building,if you dare.

As in all other forums,if you have a question,it will be addressed.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just thinking out loud
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:25 AM
Joined Jun 2009
3,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
If you want to know how to bring model building back,visit Balsa Builder's new forum.
We have stopped wringing our hands,and done something about it.

In less than 24 hours of operation,we've filled a page with builds of what has to be a great cross-section of model aircraft.

From 17" balsa electrics,to 117" balsa-gas powered models,the mode of power is not an issue.

Having the desire,and a little ability,or in some cases,a lot of ability,to build a balsa model is the only requirement.

Join us to increase model building,if you dare.

As in all other forums,if you have a question,it will be addressed.
Iam happy it got started up and it will be great for others to visit and learn from each other . joe
Closed Thread