Closed Thread
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:34 AM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
4,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
I'll be in your area for a day or two in a few weeks. My wife's family lives around Fbg.

Andy
Cool, maybe we could meet up at the the club field I fly at?
Endlesslag is online now Find More Posts by Endlesslag
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:47 PM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
I might just hold a meeting of interest and bring along phoenix on the laptop. A couple of the kids in my clas dribble BS all the time bout it. He reckons hes got a 3m wing span, 4 engine something or over that he keeps in an aluminium case (which he thinks is normal) and the engines are 0.10 size petrol (not glow according to him) id like to see him on the sim.
scrubmonkey is offline Find More Posts by scrubmonkey
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:34 PM
Playing with AutoCAD!
United States, ME
Joined Oct 2008
2,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubmonkey View Post
I might just hold a meeting of interest and bring along phoenix on the laptop. A couple of the kids in my clas dribble BS all the time bout it. He reckons hes got a 3m wing span, 4 engine something or over that he keeps in an aluminium case (which he thinks is normal) and the engines are 0.10 size petrol (not glow according to him) id like to see him on the sim.
Hahaha! That sounds like the kid that wouldn't let me escape his 10-minute tale of chasing his brother with a turbine powered A-10 that shot metal BBs. Kids...right?
PiperCub49 is offline Find More Posts by PiperCub49
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:37 PM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
He also reckons he flies a full size tiger moth that is unregisterd and legal. Btw hes 15 like me
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:01 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,984 Posts
Ah, pilots! Have you ever seen the US TV series MacGyver? He has a pilot friend Jack Dalton who has these tails. Somewhere in each of them is a grain of truth. Maybe your friend has a BB gun and a diecast A-10, and when he saw a rabbit one day while he was playing in the yard it ran away from him.

Andy

(My kids insist I look just like Jack Dalton)
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:07 AM
Pickin' an a Flyin'
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2004
1,917 Posts
A turbine powered A-10 that shoots BBs DOES sound pretty cool, though... if only I had the money.
Wufnu is offline Find More Posts by Wufnu
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:15 PM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
Yes ive seen macgyver. It played over here during the day. And yes ive seen plenty of people like jack
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:50 PM
Playing with AutoCAD!
United States, ME
Joined Oct 2008
2,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Ah, pilots! Have you ever seen the US TV series MacGyver? He has a pilot friend Jack Dalton who has these tails. Somewhere in each of them is a grain of truth. Maybe your friend has a BB gun and a diecast A-10, and when he saw a rabbit one day while he was playing in the yard it ran away from him.

Andy

(My kids insist I look just like Jack Dalton)
Haha! Maybe that's it! It's easy for stories to run away from some people. I believe that's known as "hangar flying".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wufnu View Post
A turbine powered A-10 that shoots BBs DOES sound pretty cool, though... if only I had the money.
...and a military-class clearance for UAVs! You might as well add a full FPV system with goggles for accurate aiming.
PiperCub49 is offline Find More Posts by PiperCub49
Old Aug 06, 2012, 05:07 PM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
If you gonna put bbs on something like that id go with atlest a .22
Old Aug 06, 2012, 05:08 PM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
Maybe with rat shot for getting rid of the birds. Hit, stick em through the turbine and have roast pigeon at the end
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:44 PM
I wanna fly like this
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2011
171 Posts
Pigeon=sky rat. Gets my vote!
HighLife is offline Find More Posts by HighLife
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:23 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2006
4,258 Posts
Yea; but, the AMA don't like things shooting from Model Airplanes! However I can grasp how difficult (impossible) it would be to shoot a pigeon from a Model Airplane probably far more likely you would "Shoot your eye out"!
Mode One is offline Find More Posts by Mode One
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:33 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,271 Posts
I'm sure one of the technical types could come up with a heat seeking missle: right up the old tailpipe!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Aug 30, 2012, 06:54 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
I'm sure one of the technical types could come up with a heat seeking missle: right up the old tailpipe!
A frightened pigeon is likely to drop 'chaff', (WWII radar countermeasure), but theirs tend to be messier and cover lenses.

This thread gets sillier.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:09 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,271 Posts
Indeed, but funnier! (Unless you are a pigeon or a squab!) Anyway, I doubt chaff would confuse a heat-seeking missile unless it emits IR!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Closed Thread