HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:46 PM
Re-kitting Expert
USA, CA, California City
Joined Jul 2009
164 Posts
There is dihedral, but not a lot. Can't give you the exact degrees but I'd guess somewhere between 3 and 5.
Tarasdad is offline Find More Posts by Tarasdad
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2011, 04:50 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
Utah
Joined Oct 2009
664 Posts
Ok. Just wondering.
OICUFly12 is offline Find More Posts by OICUFly12
Old Dec 16, 2011, 05:20 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2006
4,258 Posts
Anyone else have building projects going on out there that they would like to share; or, are we all just building ARFs this year?!?
Mode One is offline Find More Posts by Mode One
Old Dec 16, 2011, 06:27 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,409 Posts
Maybe I haven't posted this, here. I have an old IKON kit of the Cessna Airmaster that I've been building. It's about 95% framed, as I am down to the "fiddly bits". With luck, it will be ready to cover soon.

The Airmaster is farther along, that the pictures show. I don't have pics of the model, while assembled, to show that progress.

My friend, Terry White, enjoys building, too. He sometimes brings his 1/4 Piper L4, and we work on both models in my shop.

Both will be covered in Solartex, and painted in my shop, come Spring.
TomCrump is online now Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old Dec 16, 2011, 03:29 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2006
4,258 Posts
Tom, Although I haven't commented much on your Airmaster thread at the Scale Builder's forum, I am following along and commenting to myself about how your doing this and that completly wrong!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 05:27 PM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,409 Posts
Mark, If I get enough practice, maybe I will learn the correct way to do things. I never make the same mistake twice, but I easily find ways to make new ones !
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:00 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2006
4,258 Posts
I hope you undertand that I was kidding you Tom? Actually I am in awh of your airplanes!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:12 PM
NSW, Australia
Joined Feb 2011
2,120 Posts
Looks very good Tom! Love the lines of the Airmaster... should look beaut' once you're done.

Projects here include reworking my 32" wing for electric power (again), finishing a 72" Viking oldtimer, fitting servos etc to a HoB .10 Stick, fitting an .06 to my little Stick for its maiden, and finishing the ribs I need to start the airframe on my own-design 62"/1600mm flying wing electric-assist glider.

In between that I'm travelling 700km round trips to see my girl, working nights at the pub and attending flight school to get my commercial licence

Cheers - boingk
boingk is offline Find More Posts by boingk
Old Dec 17, 2011, 06:05 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mode One View Post
I hope you undertand that I was kidding you Tom? Actually I am in awh of your airplanes!
Yes Mark, I know that you are kidding. Sometimes I'm too sarcastic for my own good. LOL

Thanks for the compliment, boingk !
Old Dec 17, 2011, 06:48 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2006
4,258 Posts
Well, you know we're at different ends of the hamburger eating continuum, you love your Hamburgers and I love my Cheeseburgers!
Old Dec 17, 2011, 06:51 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,409 Posts
I have some burger thawing for tonight's dinner !
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:03 AM
The "pro" in procrastination
Canada, ON, Kingston
Joined Mar 2004
2,663 Posts
Quote:
Anyone else have building projects going on out there that they would like to share; or, are we all just building ARFs this year?!?
A Funbuild contest (Funbuild 5) has just kicked off in the Scale Electric Planes forum for kit-built and scratch-built multi-engined models. Several builds are already underway, including an A-26 Invader, Beechcraft D-18, Martin P5M Marlin, Lockheed P-38 Lightning, and an Avro Lancaster (mine), and others will get underway soon. Apart from the Funbuild, there are many other builds underway for anyone interested in following.

Steve
Steve85 is offline Find More Posts by Steve85
Old Dec 17, 2011, 05:44 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,494 Posts
Last night my brother drove in from PA with his family. His two oldest boys and one of the girls were in my shop in no time, totally enraptured with all the model stuff. I sent them home with some magazines.

Catch them while they're young!

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:19 PM
Warbird crazy!
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Sep 2004
3,738 Posts
Quote:
I recently finished up my second ever kit and definitely have the building bug now, especially after flying my first old timer. What an absolute joy.

John
new2rc is offline Find More Posts by new2rc
Old Dec 20, 2011, 05:22 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2006
4,258 Posts
Great job, John! What is that airplane? I have a hunch; but, amd not sure. I've always thought about building an old timer. What did you cover it with? That is such a classic color scheme and the covering looks absolutly correct for the airplane!
Closed Thread