HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2009, 05:04 PM
Albany, OR
Joined Jul 2009
195 Posts
Has anyone that ordered it recieved their vinyl from ADC ? If so, how does it look?
dumbthumbs53 is offline Find More Posts by dumbthumbs53
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2009, 05:09 PM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
Rob at ADC does a great job!
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Old Sep 10, 2009, 05:15 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
you goin to huckfest bonedoc?
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Sep 10, 2009, 05:16 PM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
I'm on call.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 05:59 PM
Fort Collins Colorado USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPHOYE
I agree I prefer Gorilla Glue. Should only be about an hour for the Gorrila Glue, but you do have to celan up any glue with alcohol as it expands.

David
David,

If you prefer gorilla glue and it's faster than I will use it instead of epoxy. After about 1/2 hour if it's not expanding anymore I should not have to check it correct? I would really love to have this plane done Saturday so I can build the 57" 330 Sunday. Hopefully tuesday I will maiden both.
Joe
jadamian75 is offline Find More Posts by jadamian75
Old Sep 10, 2009, 06:07 PM
Go guerrilla
Austin, TX
Joined Jul 2005
4,899 Posts
I use Elmer's Ultimate and maybe it's slower but I would leave it at least an hour (until it's good and hard). Here's how I test it: you will have several Q tips with PU on them that you cleaned up as it oozed out. When the Q tip is hard, then it's safe.

I'm not in David's league though, that's for sure...
jfv61 is offline Find More Posts by jfv61
Old Sep 10, 2009, 07:11 PM
Fort Collins Colorado USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,393 Posts
[QUOTE=jfv61]I use Elmer's Ultimate and maybe it's slower but I would leave it at least an hour (until it's good and hard). Here's how I test it: you will have several Q tips with PU on them that you cleaned up as it oozed out. When the Q tip is hard, then it's safe.

Good tip I do something similar with epoxy but did not think of saving some of the oozed out stuff on gorilla glue.
jadamian75 is offline Find More Posts by jadamian75
Old Sep 10, 2009, 07:13 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDoc
I'm on call.
thats right you wrote that the other evening...memorys not one of my strong points.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Sep 10, 2009, 07:17 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,541 Posts
I picked up some of the Pacer hinge glue at my LHS for $3, I'll give it a shot. It says you can handle the pieces in 30 minutes and dries fully in 2 hours. I like the idea that it doesn't foam up all over the place.

Matt
Daloaf is offline Find More Posts by Daloaf
Old Sep 10, 2009, 07:33 PM
Go guerrilla
Austin, TX
Joined Jul 2005
4,899 Posts
I've never used the hinge glue and I agree PU can be messy but the foaming action makes sure you get a good solid connection on all sides (and makes it relatively light - lots of little air bubbles). For me, gravity tends to take epoxy away from the spots you wish it would cover/fill.
jfv61 is offline Find More Posts by jfv61
Old Sep 10, 2009, 07:57 PM
House of Paine
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2007
2,209 Posts
I was trying to find the Pacer hinge glue, no LHS have it and someplace online I found it like Tower said it was discontinued. Then I ran into a guy who fly's GS stuff and he claimed the Pacer did not work well with Robart hinges (which I thougt it was pretty much made for). The guy said Pacer worked well on "flat" hinges and that he uses expoxy with the Robarts. I think I'll go with the PU.
weaser42 is online now Find More Posts by weaser42
Old Sep 10, 2009, 08:30 PM
Shade Tree Aviation #2
United States, NC, Rutherfordton
Joined Jan 2002
1,122 Posts
weaser42,

Tower is no longer carrying the Pacer hinge glue, but it is still available from other online sources and it is still listed on the Zap products website. Pacer hinge glue is designed for hinge point type hinges (there is even a picture of one on the bottle!). I have used it with great results on GS models in the past. You can't pull the hinges out without destroying the wood they are glued to! I like the fact that I don't have to watch for foaming and clean up is easy too. Pacer is just one of several options that will work, it just happens to be my favorite.

Matt
M.Putnam is offline Find More Posts by M.Putnam
Old Sep 10, 2009, 09:50 PM
Just Happy To Be Here!!!
United States, AL, Tuscaloosa
Joined Nov 2004
1,695 Posts
Well it was a good day!
My Blue Slick was sittin' on my porch when I got home. I've started the build tonight and I'm just so impressed by the quality of this aircraft. Just outstanding! This is my first 3DHS aircraft, and I can see why you guys are nuts over them! I'm not a fast builder but even so, I don't think it'll take me more than a week to complete this beauty.

Harry
harrymc is offline Find More Posts by harrymc
Old Sep 10, 2009, 09:55 PM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
Cool. I'm glad the pilot I suggested fit .
Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:28 PM
Just Happy To Be Here!!!
United States, AL, Tuscaloosa
Joined Nov 2004
1,695 Posts
Yes it did Sir!
Thank you!
Now if you'll only stop by my house tomorrow and help me build it and then take it out to our club field and teach me to fly like you do, I'll be a happy, happy man!!!

Harry
harrymc is offline Find More Posts by harrymc