HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 16, 2010, 11:26 AM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Well I bougnt mine used, didn't see a card and I'll have to see if I have the little connector for the bec, looks like I can make one of those if needed.

Thanks,
Rob
Just call Castle. They sent me a free castle link USB when I bought my first Ice 100 used. My other two were bought new and they come with a coupon for the USB adaptor.
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2010, 11:27 AM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,673 Posts
BTW, can anyone share their Ice 100 settings for a 6S setup on the SLick?

Wondering what to set my LVC at as well as a few other points.
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 11:38 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
BTW, can anyone share their Ice 100 settings for a 6S setup on the SLick?

Wondering what to set my LVC at as well as a few other points.
a lot of the setup depends on your motor. i put my LVC as low as possible
rcbirk21 is online now Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 11:41 AM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post
a lot of the setup depends on your motor. i put my LVC as low as possible
I'm going to go with the Motrolfly 4325-380
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:08 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,151 Posts
I set my LVC to way lower than the motor will turn,that way I have a chance to feel the motor lose a bit of power so I can land versus getting caught in a hover or something "plane killing without power" if the LVC kicks in.Id rather kill a battery than a plane.
P.S. perfect motor choice.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:37 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
I set my LVC to way lower than the motor will turn,that way I have a chance to feel the motor lose a bit of power so I can land versus getting caught in a hover or something "plane killing without power" if the LVC kicks in.Id rather kill a battery than a plane.
P.S. perfect motor choice.
You bet! Hopefully folks will check theirs, not good to loose all power. Actually it sucks!
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:58 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,673 Posts
That's probably how I lost my Osiris. I set my LVC high on accident. Didn't notice until afterwards when I was changing the settings in my Ice 100.
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:26 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
That's probably how I lost my Osiris. I set my LVC high on accident. Didn't notice until afterwards when I was changing the settings in my Ice 100.
That and a timer!!
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:58 PM
You're good!
Safety Hawk's Avatar
United States, VA, White Stone
Joined Jun 2005
6,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
If we get a nice warm weekend I might have to ride up your way to fly with you again! I will have the 72 and 42 with me
I'm down for that! Of course that might be a little while.
Safety Hawk is offline Find More Posts by Safety Hawk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 02:27 PM
doh!
ryan_m's Avatar
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,135 Posts
ESC settings -
low timing, pwm of 8. LVC I set to 4.0 volts. Not 4/cell, but 4. Like Manta said, feel the power drop rather than lose the plane. Castle idea of soft cut and mine are drastically different... theirs is not enough to fly the plane on! So I avoid it.
I set my motor start power to ~75, and throttle response to about 3/4 of the way to the top of the scale. But those two are personal preference. I also adjust logging to 2 samples/sec and only record watts/amps/volts/temp. Read issues of knocking with logging at default settings.


And robj - regarding logging, default is logging turned on. At 5 samples/sec and all data points monitored. It only records something like 30-40 mins of flights at these settings, and once the log buffer is full it stops recording anything. So if you haven't been clearing the buffer most likely there was no log data to view for the last flight. Unfortunately it doesn't clear the buffer and keep logging, it just stops when full.
ryan_m is offline Find More Posts by ryan_m
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 02:34 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,673 Posts
Quote "Not 4/cell, but 4."

So in other words, NO LVC. 4.0 Volts
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 02:41 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Quote "Not 4/cell, but 4."

So in other words, NO LVC. 4.0 Volts
yessir. that means the pack would have to be all the way down to 4 total volts (<1.0 v per cell), which means it wont kick in

last time i checked the castle link software doesnt allow you to completely disable the LVC, so most of us just put it as far down as possible
rcbirk21 is online now Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 02:56 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post
yessir. that means the pack would have to be all the way down to 4 total volts (<1.0 v per cell), which means it wont kick in

last time i checked the castle link software doesnt allow you to completely disable the LVC, so most of us just put it as far down as possible
Got it. It makes sense. I would rather lose a pack.


...and Robby, I did have my timer set btw, in fact it had just gone off and I was circling around to make my approach when it died. Not much you can do when you are caught down wind and your club field that you pay to fly at has you flying over 8' pine trees.

Seriously, to thoughs in Cyber land, our club is like a beautiful runway in the middle of an active volcano.

I'll take it easy on you since you just had a mishap with your Slick
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:12 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Got it. It makes sense. I would rather lose a pack.


...and Robby, I did have my timer set btw, in fact it had just gone off and I was circling around to make my approach when it died. Not much you can do when you are caught down wind and your club field that you pay to fly at has you flying over 8' pine trees.

Seriously, to thoughs in Cyber land, our club is like a beautiful runway in the middle of an active volcano.

I'll take it easy on you since you just had a mishap with your Slick
It's cool, mishaps happen. We all know that right. I haven't worked on the 70 since the other night, been in Lake Charles for 2 days. Hopefully some time to put the coting on before Saturday if I can make it out.

And it's IE.not a Y...Robbie!
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:27 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Luttrell View Post
Saw this the other day at the toy store and thought it would look good in the 70" Gas Slick. His facial expressions say it all. Now I just need to finish reparing it ang git it back into the air.
How'd you tint that canopy....?
Bivens is online now Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll 3D hobby shop 51" slick or 55" SHP? appleflyer 3D Flying 24 Mar 24, 2009 06:29 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop's AJ Slick Clark Warfel Electric Plane Talk 3 May 08, 2008 07:31 AM