HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2010, 04:41 AM
USA, FL, Stuart
Joined Jul 2009
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCraft View Post
The onboard is simply velcroed to the wing next to the fuselage. For the hat cam its velcroed to the bill of a ball cap. I hot glued the the velcro to the cap to keep it from pulling off....very simple. A cheap new cap with a unbent bill works best

If you want to do spins and snaps with the onboard you will need to secure it better than I did.....I just stuck the velcro on the wing which was ok for the mild stuff I was doing .
guess you cant get the canera into the waterproof case anymore with the velcro
starzen is offline Find More Posts by starzen
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2010, 03:44 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jan 2007
6,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starzen View Post
guess you cant get the canera into the waterproof case anymore with the velcro
Fits in it fine...I used the hook side on the cam
GoldCraft is offline Find More Posts by GoldCraft
Old Dec 15, 2010, 04:15 PM
USA, FL, Stuart
Joined Jul 2009
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Fits in it fine...I used the hook side on the cam
good to know. Should have tried but asking is so much easier

thanks

Need to actally start using the damn thing. Even got a video transmitter and video glasses here. Think 87SHP FPV plane
Old Dec 15, 2010, 07:26 PM
Joined Jan 2007
6,778 Posts
Quote:
good to know. Should have tried but asking is so much easier

thanks

Need to actally start using the damn thing. Even got a video transmitter and video glasses here. Think 87SHP FPV plane
As many times as I have banged my ez star fpv in the ground due to various equipment glitched ....no way Ild do an fpv balsa....now an onboard downlink would be fun to watch but not fpv.

I just ordered some headplay goggles for the EZ*
Old Dec 15, 2010, 08:42 PM
USA, FL, Stuart
Joined Jul 2009
2,723 Posts
Quote:
As many times as I have banged my ez star fpv in the ground due to various equipment glitched ....no way Ild do an fpv balsa....now an onboard downlink would be fun to watch but not fpv.

I just ordered some headplay goggles for the EZ*
just kidding. i am probably going to do a skywalker. Got some fatsharks and a bunch of other stuff just no time
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:11 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,446 Posts
Well guys I got the motor and batteries ordered for a 70 slick(just waiting on the airframes to come back instock) Should have the servos, esc and bec soon!

Went with a motrolfly 4325 310KV motor and 4s 4K 25C lipos for the 8s setup. Going to pick up the hs7985mg servos, castle 120amp HV ice, and castle bec pro.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:25 PM
Joined Jan 2007
6,778 Posts
Quote:
just kidding. i am probably going to do a skywalker. Got some fatsharks and a bunch of other stuff just no time
Skywalker would be good if your thinking of going long distance. I like to "fly low" and the EZ* with ailerons is better for that.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 11:00 PM
You're good!
United States, VA, White Stone
Joined Jun 2005
6,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Well guys I got the motor and batteries ordered for a 70 slick(just waiting on the airframes to come back instock) Should have the servos, esc and bec soon!

Went with a motrolfly 4325 310KV motor and 4s 4K 25C lipos for the 8s setup. Going to pick up the hs7985mg servos, castle 120amp HV ice, and castle bec pro.
That'll be a nice setup. Thinking about ditching my Scorpion for that same motor.
Safety Hawk is offline Find More Posts by Safety Hawk
Old Dec 16, 2010, 06:00 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,446 Posts
If we get a nice warm weekend I might have to ride up your way to fly with you again! I will have the 72 and 42 with me
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:39 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post

Just saying, my 4s packs are turnigy blue 30-40c 3600, plenty and they are a heavy pair, about 30oz if I recall. Also I'm running 8s with a 18x8 turnigy and only pulling 67a. So my 100a ice isn't working to hard according to the load. Might save some money using a 100a instead.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:40 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
BTW a question about the Ice 100. I don't have the port reader plug but if I did would it tell me whay happened that last flight? Where my voltage went? The super BEC also has a port for it to.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:46 AM
USA, FL, Stuart
Joined Jul 2009
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
BTW a question about the Ice 100. I don't have the port reader plug but if I did would it tell me whay happened that last flight? Where my voltage went? The super BEC also has a port for it to.
if you didnt enable logging - no
Old Dec 16, 2010, 11:02 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
if you didnt enable logging - no
Hmmm, if the default is no logging then probably not. But looking around the Castle web site, it looks like the new field card with the USB connection is the way to go for field programming and PC programming? It looks like what the Castle link does but adds the field programming for $5 more.

Thanks for the input,
Rob
Old Dec 16, 2010, 11:05 AM
USA, FL, Stuart
Joined Jul 2009
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Hmmm, if the default is no logging then probably not. But looking around the Castle web site, it looks like the new field card with the USB connection is the way to go for field programming and PC programming? It looks like what the Castle link does but adds the field programming for $5 more.

Thanks for the input,
Rob
definately. the field card can be used un the field as well connect it to a computer

when you bought your ice there may have been a coupon for a free castle link or a discount on the field card
Old Dec 16, 2010, 11:07 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
definately. the field card can be used un the field as well connect it to a computer

when you bought your ice there may have been a coupon for a free castle link or a discount on the field card
Well I bougnt mine used, didn't see a card and I'll have to see if I have the little connector for the bec, looks like I can make one of those if needed.

Thanks,
Rob