HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2010, 08:55 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknkep View Post
As long as you don't have cats that like to climb.... I am going to do a free standing version, as I have to build three racks, and don't want to put that many holes in the wall, but as we have earthquakes out here, I have to put some bungee cords around the planes. You normally don't have to worry about that in Chi-town...

Just out of curiosity how far apart are the brackets? They look like the perfect spacing.

SteveT
I have no cat, and usually my room is closed.

They are 24" apart. Work great for my Slick and SC.

Without battery, the weight distribution on those is ~ 40 (tail) / 60 (nose).

Will start building my Blue 51" Slick tomorrow. Still thinking about getting the 57" SC. I want to do a light weight setup for the small SC with 2 x 3s-2200 30c.

Vien
vienquach is offline Find More Posts by vienquach
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2010, 09:29 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vienquach View Post
I have no cat, and usually my room is closed.

They are 24" apart. Work great for my Slick and SC.

Without battery, the weight distribution on those is ~ 40 (tail) / 60 (nose).

Will start building my Blue 51" Slick tomorrow. Still thinking about getting the 57" SC. I want to do a light weight setup for the small SC with 2 x 3s-2200 30c.

Vien
Thanks...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Nov 28, 2010, 09:37 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jan 2007
6,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starzen View Post
Almost lost my slick yesterday

Was flying level and all of a sudden it pulls into a 45 degree upline. i got it under control and started a landing approach but it was as if the elevator would keep going up and down. I did get it down without too much damage (LG gear pulled out and broke a little piece of the landing gear)

When i picked it up i found that one of the wing bolts had come loose enough for the anti rotation pins to come out

Guess if you are flying gas check your wing bolts between flights. We where tuning the engine and i hadnt checked them before that next flight

Luckily it didnt get destroyed and the damage is minimal
I almost did the same thing once....a fellow flyer noticed a slight gap between the fuse and wing on one side before I blasted off. I have to take my canopy off to refuel so I now check un when I refuel. Glad your damage was minimal.
GoldCraft is offline Find More Posts by GoldCraft
Old Nov 29, 2010, 09:13 AM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,462 Posts
What are people using for spacers on the Hacker 12L? I was thinking a few washers but if there is a better idea I'm all for copying someone's smart idea.
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Nov 29, 2010, 09:20 AM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starzen View Post
Almost lost my slick yesterday

Was flying level and all of a sudden it pulls into a 45 degree upline. i got it under control and started a landing approach but it was as if the elevator would keep going up and down. I did get it down without too much damage (LG gear pulled out and broke a little piece of the landing gear)

When i picked it up i found that one of the wing bolts had come loose enough for the anti rotation pins to come out

Guess if you are flying gas check your wing bolts between flights. We where tuning the engine and i hadnt checked them before that next flight

Luckily it didnt get destroyed and the damage is minimal
DangiT Glad to hear you were able to get it down !
Wondering if teflon tape *might* be a good idea ? I'm using the new metal wing bolts in a 'hand-me-down' SR and noticed one was loose after first flight
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Old Nov 29, 2010, 09:30 AM
USA, FL, Stuart
Joined Jul 2009
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelasso View Post
DangiT Glad to hear you were able to get it down !
Wondering if teflon tape *might* be a good idea ? I'm using the new metal wing bolts in a 'hand-me-down' SR and noticed one was loose after first flight
was thinking about a rubber washer or something like that too. Will watch it from now on. it wasnt just one flight. i think 2 or 3 flights and a good amount of engine tuning on the ground

just getting the lg plate fixed up. looks like one of the blind nuts was already missing before i got the slick. didnt notice it.
starzen is offline Find More Posts by starzen
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:13 AM
3DHobbyShop.com
S. Lancaster County, PA
Joined Jun 2006
2,527 Posts
These bonded washers look promising for keeping screws/bolts secure.
horton is offline Find More Posts by horton
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 29, 2010, 11:17 AM
You're good!
United States, VA, White Stone
Joined Jun 2005
6,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakevan View Post
What are people using for spacers on the Hacker 12L? I was thinking a few washers but if there is a better idea I'm all for copying someone's smart idea.
I used some of those plastic APC prop adapters.
Safety Hawk is offline Find More Posts by Safety Hawk
Old Nov 29, 2010, 11:30 AM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety Hawk View Post
I used some of those plastic APC prop adapters.

I knew you guys would come through! I have a ton of those sitting in my spares bin.
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Nov 29, 2010, 11:38 AM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jan 2007
6,737 Posts
To keep the wing blots in place you can use 1/4" of fuel line tubing slid onto the bolt....it will compress when tightened damping any vibration that would loosen the bolt. I still check um between flights though....no problems at all since doing this.
GoldCraft is offline Find More Posts by GoldCraft
Last edited by GoldCraft; Nov 29, 2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 01:10 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,673 Posts
6S Hacker For Slick & Osiris

While I wait for the Motrolfly Motors....

I have wanted more power on my Osiris anyways... What Hacker motor would be good for both the 70" Slick and Osiris on 6S????

I figure I will run my Slick on a Hacker for a while and when I get the Motorlfly motor I will put the Hacker on my Osiris.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Nov 29, 2010, 01:24 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
While I wait for the Motrolfly Motors....

I have wanted more power on my Osiris anyways... What Hacker motor would be good for both the 70" Slick and Osiris on 6S????

I figure I will run my Slick on a Hacker for a while and when I get the Motorlfly motor I will put the Hacker on my Osiris.
With your need for power, you should have gone 8s like mine. Then you could have used those Stryker batteries you talked about. Both flights the other day only used 50% of the batteries in the 5-6 minutes. So 8 minute flights should be easy. I'm guessing with 8s 7200mah I'm about a half pound heavier than the 6s setup with a 5000(have you weighed your yet?). I'm still going to try 2 of the nano 2650 4s tied together for 5300mah. That will lighten my plane by 10oz.

On my first 2 flights, the hovers and harriers didn't seem take to much throttle. I never got a full WOT either.

Rob
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Nov 29, 2010, 01:32 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
With your need for power, you should have gone 8s like mine. Then you could have used those Stryker batteries you talked about. Both flights the other day only used 50% of the batteries in the 5-6 minutes. So 8 minute flights should be easy. I'm guessing with 8s 7200mah I'm about a half pound heavier than the 6s setup with a 5000(have you weighed your yet?). I'm still going to try 2 of the nano 2650 4s tied together for 5300mah. That will lighten my plane by 10oz.

On my first 2 flights, the hovers and harriers didn't seem take to much throttle. I never got a full WOT either.

Rob
I'm only looking for extra power on the Osiris. I have 6S packs so I need to stick with 6S.

There should be a motor that will fit the bill for both planes.....?
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Nov 29, 2010, 01:42 PM
USA, FL, Stuart
Joined Jul 2009
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCraft View Post
To keep the wing blots in place you can use 1/4" of fuel line tubing slid onto the bolt....it will compress when tightened damping any vibration that would loosen the bolt. I still check um between flights though....no problems at all since doing this.
good idea also. i just picked up some neoprene washers at Ace and will use those.

just finished fixing my slick. Just need a new prop and she'll be ready again
starzen is offline Find More Posts by starzen
Old Nov 29, 2010, 03:22 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Apr 2010
1,704 Posts
I made up some vector files in illustrator for my slick to replicate the scheme found on the slickaircraft.com photo gallery. If anyone wants a zip file containing the AI's, lemme know. Some of the sizes may need to be tweaked a bit, but I think it's pretty close as is. I'll find out once the vinyls are back from the sign shop.
stickybeatz is offline Find More Posts by stickybeatz