HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 11, 2010, 05:13 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,152 Posts
4325-380 motrolfly,6s5000 v-room I run separate flight packs and the batt is in the middle of tray.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2010, 05:51 PM
Registered User
GoldCraft's Avatar
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jan 2007
6,740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
4325-380 motrolfly,6s5000 v-room I run separate flight packs and the batt is in the middle of tray.
How many amps do you pull....says 71A on the web sight. Just wondering if an 80A ESC would be enough
GoldCraft is online now Find More Posts by GoldCraft
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2010, 05:57 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCraft View Post
How many amps do you pull....says 71A on the web sight. Just wondering if an 80A ESC would be enough
depends of course on the prop.I run 100 amp ice.80 ice may could handle it ok but I run 90 ish amps at wot.But the left stick is a good amp controller
I cannot wait for the new stock of Motrolflys to get here!They are gonna be awsome!
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:11 PM
Registered User
United States, AR, Mountain Home
Joined Jan 2008
205 Posts
Charger question

I have a TP 610c battery charger, it is rated for 6 cells, I am using a 13.8 volt 20A power supply
I am charging a 6s 5000 battery
my poor little charger is a little warm to the touch, is this too much to ask of it.

what are you guys using on this size of battery

thanks
Clint
clint mclaugh is offline Find More Posts by clint mclaugh
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:58 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
HugoCraft's Avatar
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,882 Posts
Got alot of good flying in today. Ended up having a mini huckfest at the local flying field. A friend got some video of the 70" gas slick hovering with an 103" Extra 330SC but I don't have a copy yet. But later that day ended up hovering down on the deck with a 50CC carden Yak 54 but don't have any action shots/video of that either yet. But here is some ground pics.
HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2010, 06:00 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2010
813 Posts
Decal sheet ( Red Bull ) for 70" Slick $145.00 shipped

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

********FOR SALE*********


Decal sheet for 70" Slick. I had a mishap with my 51" Slick yesturday and had to order a new plane @ $229.00

SO I'm in need of $$$ to get back in the air until my 70" is RTF

$145.00 Shipped ( previous owner paid $165.00 + shipping )

Below is the pics, thanks !
fltekdiver is offline Find More Posts by fltekdiver
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2010, 06:18 PM
Registered User
vienquach's Avatar
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
2,988 Posts
Love it, but I dont have the Slick.
vienquach is online now Find More Posts by vienquach
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2010, 08:03 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2010
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vienquach View Post
Love it, but I dont have the Slick.
I think you need to get one
fltekdiver is offline Find More Posts by fltekdiver
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2010, 08:26 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
G.P.'s Avatar
Joined May 2005
6,428 Posts
He's posting in the thread. We all know it too late for him. It's only time........
G.P. is online now Find More Posts by G.P.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 01:29 AM
Registered User
Thomas Luttrell's Avatar
United States, MS, Southaven
Joined Sep 2004
82 Posts
Crashed my Slick today!

Was flying my Slick today one uneventifly flight then on the second lost elevator control noticed plane was slowly losing altitude tried elevator input nothing, thought I had brown out so I tried aelirons and they were working . I had a feeling befor the flight that I need to check the screw on the elevator servo I looked at it but did not put a screw driver on it this could have be avoided if I only put the screw drive on it need to listen to my gut feelings the cause of this crash was due to servo arme screw backing out enough the the servo arm came off splines. Hopefully the motor box kit and canopy and cowl will get her back in the air.
Thomas Luttrell is offline Find More Posts by Thomas Luttrell
Last edited by Thomas Luttrell; Nov 14, 2010 at 03:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 01:38 AM
Registered User
vienquach's Avatar
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltekdiver View Post
I think you need to get one
I am running out of space, thinking of the 59" instead, or my gf would start to hate my planes.

I have an 87" SD Yak, a 72" SC, and several smaller planes.
vienquach is online now Find More Posts by vienquach
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 04:51 AM
Registered User
starzen's Avatar
USA, FL, Stuart
Joined Jul 2009
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vienquach View Post
I am running out of space, thinking of the 59" instead, or my gf would start to hate my planes.

I have an 87" SD Yak, a 72" SC, and several smaller planes.
i would measure the girlfriend. Then measure all the spaces she is taking up

once you have all these measurements compile a list of planes you could fit into these spaces and then compare pictures

girlfriends come and go ...
starzen is offline Find More Posts by starzen
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 08:00 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2010
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Luttrell View Post
Was flying my Slick today one uneventifly flight then on the second lost elevator control noticed plane was slowly losing altitude tried elevator input nothing, thought I had brown out so I tried aelirons and they were working . I had a feeling befor the flight that I need to check the screw on the elevator servo I looked at it but did not put a screw driver on it this could have be avoided if I only put the screw drive on it need to listen to my gut feelings the cause of this crash was due to servo arme screw backing out enough the the servo arm came off splines. Hopefully the motor box kit and canopy and cowl will get her back in the air.
Sorry to hear that. Looks like a easy fix though, you should be back in the air in no time
fltekdiver is offline Find More Posts by fltekdiver
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2010, 03:20 PM
Righteous 87
Randidly's Avatar
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Jun 2009
1,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starzen View Post
i would measure the girlfriend. Then measure all the spaces she is taking up

once you have all these measurements compile a list of planes you could fit into these spaces and then compare pictures

girlfriends come and go ...
1+

Starzen did you fly your 70 yesterday?
Randidly is offline Find More Posts by Randidly
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2010, 03:29 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starzen View Post
i would measure the girlfriend. Then measure all the spaces she is taking up

once you have all these measurements compile a list of planes you could fit into these spaces and then compare pictures

girlfriends come and go ...
So do wives.

I love the fact I have 2400sq ft. to store planes and no woman to complain.
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll 3D hobby shop 51" slick or 55" SHP? appleflyer 3D Flying 24 Mar 24, 2009 06:29 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop's AJ Slick Clark Warfel Electric Plane Talk 3 May 08, 2008 07:31 AM