SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:56 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLT67 View Post
Well I can't argue that one. BUT you will be happy to know that I'm almost done - just got to install the aileron servos and hook up the IBEF.

After reading about all the issues people were having with the Zeus IBEF I decided NOT to use the one I had so I ordered a Wike IBEF instead. Also, I was going to just plug a NimHi into the ignition and fire up my DLE-30 BUT when I went to install the XOAR 20x6 prop I noticed that VVRC had drilled the prop for a DLE-55 instead of a DLE-30. So I called VVRC today and they are sending out a properly (pun intended) drilled prop.

That being said - as soon as I get the replacement prop and Wike IBEF I will be ready for the maiden.

MLT
I know who Zues was,but whats an IBEF?
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:19 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Ignition Battery Eliminator

Takes the receiver pack battery juice and turns it into power for the ignition along with a switch controlled by the receiver all in one device
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:19 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jan 2007
6,800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosam View Post
Hey MLT, try the MT35 engine from MT engines. I love how mine pulls my 70 slick with authority and it will spin a bigger prop (19x8-20x6). At the Ohio huckfest I had a few people fly my slick and loved the power it made... good luck...

BTW I saw your 91 slick, nice job...

The dle 30 spins a 20x6 and 20x7 with no problem at all. I have a 20x6 on my slick and a 20x7 on my 1/4 scale cub.
GoldCraft is offline Find More Posts by GoldCraft
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:32 PM
I used to be all thumbs...
United States, KS, Pittsburg
Joined Mar 2005
7,061 Posts
I've got about 10 flights on my 70 Slick with a Zues and haven't had any problems, but I was very reluctant to go with it...

Cant wait to hear how the IBEF works out for ya MLT!
NumbSkull is offline Find More Posts by NumbSkull
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:42 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
Ignition Battery Eliminator

Takes the receiver pack battery juice and turns it into power for the ignition along with a switch controlled by the receiver all in one device
this is so you can energize the ignition and or turn the engine off with a switch thru a channel from the rx and to a switch on a TX?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:43 PM
Joined Jan 2007
6,800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumbSkull View Post
I've got about 10 flights on my 70 Slick with a Zues and haven't had any problems, but I was very reluctant to go with it...

Cant wait to hear how the IBEF works out for ya MLT!
I have about 100 flights on my TB IBEF in the slick and 40 or so on the cub....flawless so far
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:46 PM
Joined Jan 2007
6,800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
this is so you can energize the ignition and or turn the engine off with a switch thru a channel from the rx and to a switch on a TX?
Basically you run a one battery setup...no need for the ignition battery. It plugs into the gear slot so the gear switch turns the ignition on and off.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:48 PM
USA, VA, Narrows
Joined Mar 2009
1,494 Posts
Add another vote for the wike. I have a bunch of flight on mine and haven't had any trouble with it. I also have a friend who is running one on a dle 111 that has been trouble free.
skippy78 is online now Find More Posts by skippy78
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:52 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCraft View Post
I have about 100 flights on my TB IBEF in the slick and 40 or so on the cub....flawless so far
wow how do you guys get 100 plus flights on these planes without killing them at least once!!??lol
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:53 PM
I used to be all thumbs...
United States, KS, Pittsburg
Joined Mar 2005
7,061 Posts
I cant speak for GoldCraft, but lots of CA and popcycle sticks keeps mine in the air for 100+ flights.
NumbSkull is offline Find More Posts by NumbSkull
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:57 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumbSkull View Post
I cant speak for GoldCraft, but lots of CA and popcycle sticks keeps mine in the air for 100+ flights.
buwhahaha yea mine too...
Old Sep 13, 2010, 05:02 PM
House of Paine
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2007
2,210 Posts
Popcicle sticks??? I prefer to use the carcases of old planes, kind of like organ transplants
weaser42 is online now Find More Posts by weaser42
Old Sep 13, 2010, 06:02 PM
It's just a hobby
USA, GA, Hoschton
Joined Nov 2005
10,210 Posts
Yeah I've heard good stuff about the Wike - but lots of bad stuff about the Zeus. Also, this is the second Zeus I've had - the first one didn't work from the start so once I saw that Cmala was having issues after several flights that was enough for me.

If anyone has had good luck with the Zeus and want's another one - I'll make ya a heck of a deal on a brand new one with the latest greatest updates.
MLT
MLT67 is offline Find More Posts by MLT67
Old Sep 13, 2010, 06:06 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
I can't say that my IBE did anything wrong....yet. All I know at this point is my ignition module isn't working correctly

No need to jump to conclusions
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Sep 13, 2010, 08:58 PM
Joined Jan 2007
6,800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
wow how do you guys get 100 plus flights on these planes without killing them at least once!!??lol
It has been repaired a time or two....third flight I busted the LG plate out...got a piece of oak stock for an lg plate now