SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 28, 2010, 03:03 PM
3D Wanna Be
Oahu, Hawaii
Joined Jul 2009
3,296 Posts
I didn't know you before FLI, but from what everyone said, you're the mellowest laid back kinda guy....I never would've guessed...hahaha....running around dancing on the field....uuuhhh no comment
sk8rob is offline Find More Posts by sk8rob
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2010, 04:31 PM
Quit Chucking My Wood
USA, TX, Amarillo
Joined Dec 2003
1,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belrix View Post
I have to stop buying airframes if I ever want to get the 87" SHP! But the 65" Vyper looking like it would be AWESOME in high energy maneuvers!

Brian

Brian:

That's the problem, all of the airframes fly just a bit different, its like having a different fishing rod or reel for different fishing conditions. The 103, 89 are great planes. I also have the 70 Slick and 65 Vyper. The Vyper is turning out to be my favorite knife edge plane. I was getting brave with it this past weekend with nice low knife edge pass's.

Rich
rthorne is offline Find More Posts by rthorne
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:44 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
heh.I can KE spin my 70 so hard the wheels fall off.
Slick KE (1 min 16 sec)
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:59 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
http://vimeo.com/12529320
DANG !!! Guess that's what happens when you fly without pants ? I chucked mine and got some big FAT tires !
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:22 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelasso View Post
DANG !!! Guess that's what happens when you fly without pants ? I chucked mine and got some big FAT tires !
heh that was an aluminun bling wheel too.brand new..I guess I didnt put it on goodder enuf.I bought another set,and got em on pretty tight now me thinks.
had to hover catch the plane that day.Had just put the lg plate back in from a dumb thumb and didnt wanna do it a 3rd time.Powerlines should have handed camera to his girlfreind to video the catch but didnt think about it..rere.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 08:33 AM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post

I forgot about that as well. I was throwing wheel collars like pollen in the spring time in my KE Spins. If I didn't have the wheel pants on then I would have lost a lot of wheels too.

I LOVE those wheel pants. I now glue them in with an absurd amount of CA on the end of the axle.
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:49 AM
Artillery! King of Battle!
USA, KS, Scammon
Joined Mar 2002
4,431 Posts
Finally got my Slick ready to maiden. Now I just need the time!

I needed to move my packs quite a ways back to get the Slick to balance at 155mm. I'm using a Hacker A50-14L, Castle ICE 100, Castle BEC Pro and 2 25C 4S 4000mah Hyperion packs. The packs are kind of light, but I haven't seen any other setups with the batteries back this for. I have double and triple checked the CG with the finger method and a CG machine.

What do you think?

Thanks

Brian
Brill 1 is online now Find More Posts by Brill 1
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:52 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
they do look a bit farther back than mine,but im running a 6s5000 and different motor.
I doubt the slick will be hard to handle either way,it handles a pretty large cg field and still flys good..You will just need to fly level,trim to fly level,then spin it upside down and see if nose dips,climbs,or stays level..
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:58 AM
USA, KS, Scammon
Joined Mar 2002
4,431 Posts
Thanks Manta. I'm a firm believer in the inverted flight CG test method. It works like a charm. I just didn't want to get the Slick in the air and have it be super unstable during the maiden.

The Hacker A50-14L is a heavy motor and I have the ICE 100 mounted pretty forward forward, that most likely explains the battery placement.

Brian
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:59 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
Yea I wasnt familiar with how much your motor weighs compared with how much mine weighs..I doubt the p lane will bite you.Go fly it!!I have maidened 3 slicks,all have been non events..the 51 was my first 4 channel maiden in the hobby ever.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:22 PM
You're good!
United States, VA, White Stone
Joined Jun 2005
6,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belrix View Post
Finally got my Slick ready to maiden. Now I just need the time!

I needed to move my packs quite a ways back to get the Slick to balance at 155mm. I'm using a Hacker A50-14L, Castle ICE 100, Castle BEC Pro and 2 25C 4S 4000mah Hyperion packs. The packs are kind of light, but I haven't seen any other setups with the batteries back this for. I have double and triple checked the CG with the finger method and a CG machine.

What do you think?

Thanks

Brian
That motor weighs a bit more than the motor I'm running. You should be fine there. Plus.....where do you have the BEC Pro mounted?
Safety Hawk is offline Find More Posts by Safety Hawk
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:49 PM
USA, KS, Scammon
Joined Mar 2002
4,431 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. I always get nervous before a maiden! I quadrupled checked the CG and its spot on! Now I need to fly it! But have to work all night and have a reunion this weekend, but Sunday she will fly!

The BEC Pro is mount right at the beginning of the motorbox extension, so I have alot of weight forward.

Brain
Old Jul 29, 2010, 01:01 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
dont be nervous,slicks dont bite
Old Jul 29, 2010, 01:06 PM
It's just a hobby
USA, GA, Hoschton