HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2010, 02:07 PM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
I just use the stock arms running 985MG, and using their longest single, I get all the throw I need.
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2010, 02:33 PM
3D Wanna Be
Oahu, Hawaii
Joined Jul 2009
3,296 Posts
what kind of deflection are you getting on the elevator? I just barely hit 45 degrees.
sk8rob is offline Find More Posts by sk8rob
Old May 15, 2010, 02:39 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rob View Post
what kind of deflection are you getting on the elevator? I just barely hit 45 degrees.
Does your radio have servo travel adjustment (it may be called something else)?? If so, run the adjustment out farther (if you haven't already). Shorted arms, and extended travel fro the servo adjustment will get you better resolution, (I have been told), therefore better control.

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old May 15, 2010, 02:46 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
I get 50 degrees
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Old May 15, 2010, 07:42 PM
ADC Vinyl
SoCal-Rancho Santa Marg.
Joined Mar 2007
5,229 Posts
I can get all I want down, up I get about 45-50, it's still more than enough.
Fliprob17 is offline Find More Posts by Fliprob17
Old May 15, 2010, 08:32 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Jul 2009
200 Posts
bonedoc are you using more than the recommened 30 degree ?
bobby808813 is offline Find More Posts by bobby808813
Old May 15, 2010, 08:33 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Jul 2009
200 Posts
of throw
bobby808813 is offline Find More Posts by bobby808813
Old May 15, 2010, 08:46 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,468 Posts
just got another 5 flights on my slick today...lovin it more and more every flight! I let one of the guys at the field take her for a flight, and he was drooling right after he handed me the radio!
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old May 15, 2010, 08:52 PM
3D Wanna Be
Oahu, Hawaii
Joined Jul 2009
3,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknkep View Post
Does your radio have servo travel adjustment (it may be called something else)?? If so, run the adjustment out farther (if you haven't already). Shorted arms, and extended travel fro the servo adjustment will get you better resolution, (I have been told), therefore better control.

SteveT
I have the 1.5" arms on the elevator servo, linkage connected to the outermost hole. end points maxed out on my radio.....I get the recommended travel, but just barely. I can't get 40 degrees on the ailerons like AJ in the "All Things Slick" video. I'm using the 1" arms on the ailerons. don't think I need 40 degrees though.
Old May 15, 2010, 11:08 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rob View Post
I have the 1.5" arms on the elevator servo, linkage connected to the outermost hole. end points maxed out on my radio.....I get the recommended travel, but just barely. I can't get 40 degrees on the ailerons like AJ in the "All Things Slick" video. I'm using the 1" arms on the ailerons. don't think I need 40 degrees though.
Well, Ben told me 1" on ailerons, and 1.5 on elevator...so, that's what I went with,

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old May 15, 2010, 11:29 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Dabbler View Post
Unfortunately I only got 2 flights in. I tried my "shake it loose test" and motor bolts started to loosen on the back of the motor where it fastens to the X mount. I didn't have the tools to get the x Mount Bolts off to expose the bolts that were the problem at the field. So, I had to come home. Hopefully, I can get in the air tomorrow.

WOW, AWESOME plane.

-Mike
Congratulations Mike Oh, and blue locktite for the X mount is what I use.
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Old May 16, 2010, 10:13 AM
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Sep 2008
791 Posts
A guy at our club bought one of these and had it out at our field yesterday.

What a freakin gorgeous plane - I have plane envy

It flew awesome, he just loves it.

I'm learning with my 47" SHP, but one day....

This or the 72" extra.

First - practice, practice, practice, then sell kidney, then sell.....

LOL

Congrats to you guys flying this awesome bird, very schweeet.

Brownie
Brownie433 is offline Find More Posts by Brownie433
Old May 16, 2010, 04:47 PM
3D Wanna Be
Oahu, Hawaii
Joined Jul 2009
3,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknkep View Post
Well, Ben told me 1" on ailerons, and 1.5 on elevator...so, that's what I went with,

SteveT
I think I remember you posting this before and that's how I did my setup..thanks

so I maidend her this morning....it was soooooooo amazing! 2 clicks of up elevator and 3 clicks of right aileron and she flew straight as arrow. got her all trimmed out and I was able to mix out the coupling for KE....I did it all in one flight! I still haven't trimmed or mixed out my 51" yet I got 4 flights in today...just cruising around. wish I had 4 more batteries! the best part of all....the plane came home in one piece
Old May 16, 2010, 05:00 PM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,363 Posts
pussycat isn't it? Told you it was easy to fly...
I got about 10 flights on mine over the last couple days, really liking it. Still have a hard time maneuvering a hover around, I can hold it in one spot easy enough, but I have a heck of the time trying to move it to a particular spot. Nose always starts falling left and it takes an enormous throttle burst and full right rudder to bring it back and then I'm flying out of the hover usually, or at least fighting myself to get it back under control. And then the cycle repeats...

The 68" Velox is sooo much easier to move around. The 65" Vyper is actually easier too! But the Slick is an awesome plane nonetheless. Even managed a few nice knife edge spins today. Those have been hard for me to do on the big 70" one, the 51" is super easy, but I've had a hard time on the 70 for some reason with them.
ryan_m is online now Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old May 16, 2010, 05:05 PM
3D Wanna Be
Oahu, Hawaii
Joined Jul 2009
3,296 Posts
you were right bro, it was so easy to fly and more importantly, land. well, if it makes you feel any better, I can't hover. I did get about 4 torque rolls in though...for some reason my brain doesn't want to counter the roll with aileron, I just let it go??? it could be because I don't practice hovering too....haha

charging my batteries right now...might head out this afternoon to get a few more flights in.