Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 15, 2013, 03:41 PM
President @ Acadian RC Club
Lafayette, Louisiana
Joined Dec 2005
1,233 Posts
wow Joe.. Nice answer. I know your a Hacker and Castle sponsored guy BUT... Any idea on rimfire with ZTW?

Thanks
jonathan7x70 is offline Find More Posts by jonathan7x70
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:22 PM
Team 3DHS
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Nov 2008
1,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7x70 View Post
wow Joe.. Nice answer. I know your a Hacker and Castle sponsored guy BUT... Any idea on rimfire with ZTW?

Thanks
I just wanted to state the facts. I don't find this to be out of the ordinary as every esc I have tried does the same thing. Run a little higher idle and you'll never know they do it.

I haven't used the rimfire, but I have heard great things about it so hopefully that holds true.

I have used a ZTW though and I honestly found it to be very inefficient compared to a Castle equivalent. The ZTW pulled excess current and ran hotter when compared to the castle but the power output was the same. IMO, the ZTW will be fine to use but I wouldn't put it above a similiar castle.
joesmith285 is offline Find More Posts by joesmith285
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:27 PM
Lafayette, Louisiana
Joined Dec 2005
1,233 Posts
Thanks! I do love my Castles but to many planes.... have to shave cost some ware. lol
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:37 PM
United States, CA, Hughson
Joined Jan 2012
1,089 Posts
That's exactly what I use! They were saying something about causing interference because of the ignition I believe. But I'm not positive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Yes, but as I have never seen a titanium clevis, I was assuming that he was using something like this with ball links...

SteveT.
hertzrepkeith is online now Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:04 PM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith View Post
That's exactly what I use! They were saying something about causing interference because of the ignition I believe. But I'm not positive
Who's they ? ---- your info is only as good as the source
goflyhighrc is offline Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:06 PM
Lafayette, Louisiana
Joined Dec 2005
1,233 Posts
Blaaaaa
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:20 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,089 Posts
----
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
Who's they ? ---- your info is only as good as the source
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:55 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,433 Posts
Well my day wasn't that good. My son accidently broke the rudder on my 51 slick and my brother crashed my 71 slick. Brother took out the prop, broke the cowl, ripped the landing gear out and everything it was attached to, split the cf gear, and broke the wheel pants. So my 2 favorite planes are broken both can be fixed but its going to take a bit to gather the funds. Makes me wish l didn't sell all my other planes
Just not a good day. Oh my ses light turned on in my truck today and l got a speeding ticket. When it rains it pours.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:58 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,089 Posts
Man that is a total Bummer! Make your Brother Fix your 71!
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Well my day wasn't that good. My son accidently broke the rudder on my 51 slick and my brother crashed my 71 slick. Brother took out the prop, broke the cowl, ripped the landing gear out and everything it was attached to, split the cf gear, and broke the wheel pants. So my 2 favorite planes are broken both can be fixed but its going to take a bit to gather the funds. Makes me wish l didn't sell all my other planes
Just not a good day. Oh my ses light turned on in my truck today and l got a speeding ticket. When it rains it pours.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:06 PM
United States, NC, Greensboro
Joined Dec 2006
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith View Post
OK Guys I have a question and concern. With my DLE 30CC I ran a Carbon Still Rod with Titanium ends. I was out at the field the other day and the guys told me that I do not want to run this with the OS Motor. That I should use a something else for my Throttle Rod. Is this true? Or is it ok to run with my OS Motor?? Also can I break in with 20x6 Prop or do I need to use 18x8 Prop. I hear people say to break in with what you plan on using. I know I have asked a few times and no responses so I am sorry to keep asking.

I use goldenrod for my throttle linkage because i believe it helps isolate the engine vibration on both ends of the linkage.... from the throttle servo on one end and the throttle shaft where it goes thru the carb (BTW that shaft is hollow and a replacement carb is very expensive)...IMO if properly supported the goldenrod moves just as fast as a solid rod.

I broke my both my OS 33's in with a 19x8 protek RC electric prop on a tip from another OS user (who works for 3dhs) and still run that size since it gives literally electric motor throttle response.... the OS will also whip a 20x6 Xoar around nicely just not quite as quick on the throttle response.
racerman27410 is offline Find More Posts by racerman27410
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:09 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Sorry to hear this Matt!! But I have to ask.....did the wings pull out???

SES light....what is that?? And....slow down!!

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:18 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Sorry to hear this Matt!! But I have to ask.....did the wings pull out???

SES light....what is that?? And....slow down!!

SteveT.
Service Engine Soon
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:21 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
Service Engine Soon
Got it....Thanks..

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:21 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,556 Posts
Bummer losi... good luck getting them up and going again. I've had my share of bad luck with the 71". Broke counter balance off elevator hitting the snow... fixed it. Struck the rudder on the ground broke it... Ordered new one (last in stock). Plane doesn't even need to be flying to get beat up. I had a low voltage cutout on a 48" plane that dropped a cell in low rolling harrier... harrier rolled right to the rudder of my 71. Broke rudder and nicked up vertical stab on fuse... fixed old broken rudder that was in better shape since 3DHS is OOS. Now that is has some battle scars I could beat it up now. But I took a lot of pride in this one and it sucks I've had so much bad luck with it.
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:30 PM
USA, TX, Pearland
Joined Mar 2005
348 Posts
That sucks Losi. They always seem easier to fix after a nights sleep and time for the hurt to wear off. I'm sure you will have them going it no time.
smithder is offline Find More Posts by smithder