Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:32 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxmannnn View Post
i wonder if I could run a 4s 4000 mah and a 4s 3850 mah to get 8s? They are both 65c gens ace.
I'm running 2 4s 4000mah and 2 4s 4500mah in series and they work great on my 70" Slick. But as far as a prop I'm not at a high elevation and I'm running a Motrolfly 4325-280 with a Xoar 20x8 and it has gobs of power and is very efficient. I'm getting 7 minutes and barely using 60% and everything is staying very cool temp wise. On the 4500's I could easily get 8 1/2 minutes with out pushing it. Now I don't fly super crazy with it yet but I do mix it up pretty good, once I get to fly it more I'll have to watch the flight time closer I'm sure. I was just getting more aggressive with it when I finally got the setup just where I like it and the flying season started getting over. This time of the year I pretty much only fly smaller planes and mostly foamies, they are less brittle in the cold.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:34 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
I'm running 2 4s 4000mah and 2 4s 4500mah in series and they work great on my 70" Slick. But as far as a prop I'm not at a high elevation and I'm running a Motrolfly 4325-280 with a Xoar 20x8 and it has gobs of power and is very efficient. I'm getting 7 minutes and barely using 60% and everything is staying very cool temp wise. On the 4500's I could easily get 8 1/2 minutes with out pushing it. Now I don't fly super crazy with it yet but I do mix it up pretty good, once I get to fly it more I'll have to watch the flight time closer I'm sure. I was just getting more aggressive with it when I finally got the setup just where I like it and the flying season started getting over. This time of the year I pretty much only fly smaller planes and mostly foamies, they are less brittle in the cold.
I love that motor/prop combo. My favorite of the ones I've tried so far.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:58 AM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,460 Posts
Quote:
i wonder if I could run a 4s 4000 mah and a 4s 3850 mah to get 8s? They are both 65c gens ace.

If useing batteries in series they should be equal in amp's capacity but they can be different in voltage. You could do to 4s 4000 or a 4s 4000+ a 5s 4000

If you use them in parallel then you use equal voltage but they can different capacity's

Dennis
Dennis C is offline Find More Posts by Dennis C
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:04 AM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,460 Posts
Quote:
Well I flew the 71" again today. It is very addictive to fly and I really enjoy it. The Hacker A60-6xs is just GUTLESS at 8000 ft though. Im running 6s 5300 65c. Ive tried about every prop combo I can except a 21x11 which aeromodel suggested and Ill try soon. Im wondering if anyone is running 8s or 12s on this plane that can compare it to 6s for me. I like to abuse my aiframes and fling em around a bit. With this setup I can barely get a full snap roll out of it unless its on a downline. Pop tops are non-existant. Im sure some of you cheaters (ahem) I mean low altitude guys get lots of power from the hacker, but up here I need more Scotty! (sorry steve for the hacker blasphemy).
The Hacker will provide the same amount of power at 7000' as at sea level, You just need a bigger prop or more voltage.

Use your Watt meter and try 8s and then find a prop that gives you the power you want.

You could stay at 6s but may have to go to prop so large that it has to much torque or to heavy for hard 3D

Dennis
Dennis C is offline Find More Posts by Dennis C
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:28 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,165 Posts
Just as a matter or mentioning....I got another batch of carbon fiber in, and if anybody else wants some of the fuselage braces, I am going to make up another batch....

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:02 AM
United States, CA, Hughson
Joined Jan 2012
1,070 Posts
I was doing some research trying to find out if anyone else has the same issues with there DLE and this guy had posted this back in 2009. Do you guys think this could be my issue???

Re: DLE 30cc engine
by rcign Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:59 am

I guess the whole world now knows about the problem with the DLE30..The engine quits when tilted at idle...The fix is rounding off the square edges of the rear crankcase casting and rounding the internal corners...Gas pools in the corners and gets ingested killing the engine because of the extra fuel...Happens only at a slow idle....Can't take a picture, just go in there and look....
RC Ignition
hertzrepkeith is online now Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:09 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith View Post
I was doing some research trying to find out if anyone else has the same issues with there DLE and this guy had posted this back in 2009. Do you guys think this could be my issue???

Re: DLE 30cc engine
by rcign Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:59 am

I guess the whole world now knows about the problem with the DLE30..The engine quits when tilted at idle...The fix is rounding off the square edges of the rear crankcase casting and rounding the internal corners...Gas pools in the corners and gets ingested killing the engine because of the extra fuel...Happens only at a slow idle....Can't take a picture, just go in there and look....
RC Ignition
Well you would think........if the whole world knows about it..........DLE would have fixed it by now. Na............probably the reason, it does sound possible
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:12 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,165 Posts
In 2009, the DLE was a side carburetor engine, while the newer ones are a rear carb. They are not the same crankcase....(at least not the rear part)

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Jan 21, 2013 at 01:21 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:20 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,070 Posts
I was thinking the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
Well you would think........if the whole world knows about it..........DLE would have fixed it by now. Na............probably the reason, it does sound possible
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:21 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,165 Posts
See my last post...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:27 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,070 Posts
Thanks Steve! I will one day lay this to bed! My first reaction was to just sell this plane and get rid of it! But I am going to look at this as a challenge. I will eventually figure it out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
See my last post...

SteveT
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:38 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith View Post
Thanks Steve! I will one day lay this to bed! My first reaction was to just sell this plane and get rid of it! But I am going to look at this as a challenge. I will eventually figure it out!
Check out this page....perhaps you can find a cure there... Seems to be a common problem....

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:55 AM
United States, TX, Wichita Falls
Joined Nov 2011
70 Posts
Hey Steve,

Were you the one who had to put the rudder servo in the tail because of a slightly heavy setup?
ellzy_21 is offline Find More Posts by ellzy_21
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:25 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,165 Posts
Well, I wouldn't say I was "the one", but I took my power set-up (Hacker A60-6XS, 6S 65C 5000mAH Thunder Power packs, Castle ICE100 and BEC Pro) out of a 70" Slick that balanced perfectly with it, and put it in my 71" Slick, which yes, had to have the servo put in the tail to balance it.... A few others have commented their Slicks have coming out a bit nose heavy also.

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:56 AM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,440 Posts
I have my rudder servo in the tail with a Motrolfly 4330 and Castle Ice 80HV up front and my this is my batt placement.
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes