SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:28 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Thanks guys! I'm stoked! Matt - Bobby and his dad seem to know you pretty wel (they seem like good guys)l. Hopefully you flew this plane and put a little mojo on it for me!!
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:35 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,082 Posts
Glad to hear you got this Mike!! And yes, red does fly very well!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:09 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Glad to hear you got this Mike!! And yes, red does fly very well!!

SteveT
Correction... Res flies the BEST!!
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:22 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
We got it set up this morning. Tuned the motor a bit and had at it. It's the best flying plane l have ever flown. Abe loves it too
and the video is where??
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:10 AM
United States, CA, Hughson
Joined Jan 2012
1,130 Posts
So I sent my DLE 30CC Engine into the Warrantee Center because of it Dieing when going from Upside down to Upright. They were unable to find the issue so they are going to send me a brand new one. 2 Down Falls to that are 1. I have to Break it in all over again & Last THEY ARE OUT OF STOCK!!! I told them to send me the GT33 instead but they would not go for that! Does anyone know when they are suppose to be back in stock??
hertzrepkeith is offline Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:03 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Thanks guys! I'm stoked! Matt - Bobby and his dad seem to know you pretty wel (they seem like good guys)l. Hopefully you flew this plane and put a little mojo on it for me!!
Yeah l know them well. Been to there house and hung out with them at there field. They used to cine to the sod farm a lot too. Great guys indeed.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:18 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith View Post
So I sent my DLE 30CC Engine into the Warrantee Center because of it Dieing when going from Upside down to Upright. They were unable to find the issue so they are going to send me a brand new one. 2 Down Falls to that are 1. I have to Break it in all over again & Last THEY ARE OUT OF STOCK!!! I told them to send me the GT33 instead but they would not go for that! Does anyone know when they are suppose to be back in stock??
Dang. They wont trade you out for the price difference of the two engines? Meaning give you a refund then let you buy the 33? Man those small dle engines give trouble
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:24 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Maiden flight might be today!
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:14 AM
United States, CA, Hughson
Joined Jan 2012
1,130 Posts
I asked tower that and they told me to call the Warrantee center and ask them. The only bad thing about doing that is I have (A Extra Car, A Extra Ignitiion, Cowl is already cut to it, Mounter box is drilled for it, CG properly,... Those were my concerns with just get a different Motor. oh and i almost forgot. I also bought the Bowman Ring for the DLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Dang. They wont trade you out for the price difference of the two engines? Meaning give you a refund then let you buy the 33? Man those small dle engines give trouble
hertzrepkeith is offline Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith
Last edited by hertzrepkeith; Jan 06, 2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:16 PM
Joined Jul 2011
437 Posts
What size/weight of 6 cell lipo is everybody running?

I currently have 4000MAH which weigh 600grams. I think these are perhaps a little on the small side though?
cookci is offline Find More Posts by cookci
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:31 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith View Post
I asked tower that and they told me to call the Warrantee center and ask them. The only bad thing about doing that is I have (A Extra Car, A Extra Ignitiion, Cowl is already cut to it, Mounter box is drilled for it, CG properly,... Those were my concerns with just get a different Motor. oh and i almost forgot. I also bought the Bowman Ring for the DLE
hmm thats alot of investment.However,if you could stand the swap I think in the long run you would be happier with the os,but if they would get it fixed you still come out to the good. i wish you gooder luck buddy.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:34 PM
United States, MI, Allegan
Joined Aug 2012
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookci View Post
What size/weight of 6 cell lipo is everybody running?

I currently have 4000MAH which weigh 600grams. I think these are perhaps a little on the small side though?
That's what I have too but I have not flown my plane yet. I bought some 2s 4000s to series with the 6s to get up to what everyone else seems to be running. I think 6s is enough but the 4000 would not provide very long flight times.
TimmyC is offline Find More Posts by TimmyC
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:37 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Man oh man... This slick flies even better than my FB one did. Super floaty and just feels way locked in. I love it. I may eventually put more power on it. The 4325 is awesome but after flying the 5320 it just seems a touch sluggish. But it is floater so I guess you just have to decide what you want. I may try a 4330 just for comparison sake.

The interesting thing between the two Slicks though is CG. On my FB Slick with a 5320, my batteries were on the middle of the tray. On this one, with a lighter motor my batteries are all the way back to the wing tube for neutral CG. Both had a pull/pull setup.

I honestly like the way this one flies better to be honest. Not sure if it's a weight thing or what but this one is crazy locked in on hovers and harriers. The FB Slick would get a little more violent... Probably because it had more power.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:43 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,473 Posts
Quote:
Man oh man... This slick flies even better than my FB one did. Super floaty and just feels way locked in. I love it. I may eventually put more power on it. The 4325 is awesome but after flying the 5320 it just seems a touch sluggish. But it is floater so I guess you just have to decide what you want. I may try a 4330 just for comparison sake.

The interesting thing between the two Slicks though is CG. On my FB Slick with a 5320, my batteries were on the middle of the tray. On this one, with a lighter motor my batteries are all the way back to the wing tube for neutral CG. Both had a pull/pull setup.

I honestly like the way this one flies better to be honest. Not sure if it's a weight thing or what but this one is crazy locked in on hovers and harriers. The FB Slick would get a little more violent... Probably because it had more power.
lighter flies better

i loved the 4325 on mine, would do it the same again if/when i get a new one. The 4325 has more than enough power. but i do think there was a fairly significant change from the 70 to the 71, i agree that my 71 flew way better than my 70. But hey, it may just be mind tricks. if thats the case im glad my mind has tricked me into liking the new one
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:44 PM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:

Overpowered and heavier birds can fly differently.. I know lots of guys love that 8s powerhouse, but for me, I actually fly better on the lighter, less powerful 6s setup.... Just personal preference... Now I do enjoy a ton of power every once in a while, but I don't look very skilled while i'm using it...
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears