HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:35 PM
United States, NC, Greensboro
Joined Dec 2006
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith View Post
Ok I am out of options!!! Here is a video of my DLE 30CC With a Brand New Carb and with the Bowman Ring & Reeds done. Does anyone have any ideas or opions on what I should do at this point. Please let me know.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6fIsd-ZI5U

my first DLE did the exact same thing.... i replaced the metering lever spring with a genuine walbro metering lever spring and the problem went away for good.

i got good results stretching the stock metering lever spring but it would still stumble. Only replacing the spring fixed it.
racerman27410 is offline Find More Posts by racerman27410
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:46 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,209 Posts
Behold one who knows! I hope racerman is right and you can get past this issue Gotta love the forums. It would be tough to ever think of doing that without someone else's experience.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:16 AM
USA, TX, Pearland
Joined Mar 2005
352 Posts
OK...Slick it is for me.

6S or 8S???

I like 8S because I can use my 4S packs from my 57" Extra, but I'm down to to packs right now so that doesn't make a huge difference.

What should I get?
smithder is offline Find More Posts by smithder
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:19 AM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,766 Posts
I would share packs if it was me... Plus more efficient and powerful system. Downside is two batteries.
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:20 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,209 Posts
being able to use the same packs for two airframes is really nice.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:22 AM
USA, TX, Pearland
Joined Mar 2005
352 Posts
Is securing the two packs big deal?

Seems like ICE100 is standard issue, but what motor for 8S?
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:26 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithder View Post

Nope. I love my Motrofly 5320-300!! Gobs of power and always comes down cool. Well... Today it came down in dramatic fashion but that's another story.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:27 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,209 Posts
securing two packs isn't that big of a deal. I just gobbles them up twice as fast if you take both planes out on the same day This is where you depend on a nice field charging solution or have tons of packs.

I personally like to have less money tied up in packs for a single airframe. It sucks if you crash a plane that is the only one that uses the packs you have. My 4s 2200 packs have been laying around for months because I crashed my 51 slick and don't have cash for another airframe that size.

If you buy 6s packs for just this airframe you are risking not having another plane that can use them if you crash the slick. I guess you could always sell them off... but you lose money that way too.

As far as motor I'd talk to Ken at subsonicplanes.com and have him talk you through the best option based on your flying style. I'm sure there will be plenty of guys chiming in to tell you though
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:27 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,473 Posts
Quote:

securing them is not a big deal, ive seen it done many different ways. my favorite is strapping them independently to either side of the battery tray, pretty unique and looks clean. just as easy to put velcro on both sides of the packs and velcro them together into a brick and then securing them in the plane.

As far as motor, there are a few different options. if you want high quality, you have two choices: motrolfly and hacker. there are lots of different options depending on what size prop you want to spin. The a50-14L and a50-12L are the two options i have seen with hacker, but im not a hacker guy so correct me if im wrong but the 14L is 19x10 and 12L is 18x8 on 8s (i dunno about the new 24 or whatever number of pole motors that could run on 8s)

Motrolfly is what im familiar with, and there are 3 main choices. The 4325, 4330, and 5320. If you dont care about a slightly heavier airframe and live in a hot climate, the 4330 should be the ticket. If you want light and floaty, more forgiving, and still very very ample power, the 4325 is the ticket (and i LOVED my 4325 on the 71 slick). different kv and prop combinations are listed on ken's website (us distributor of motrolfly) at subsonicplanes.com. Any other questions feel free to ask!
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:28 AM
USA, TX, Pearland
Joined Mar 2005
352 Posts
I'll be running 4 7954SH servos. Guess Ill need a separate BEC huh.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:30 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,209 Posts
ya you are going to want a separate BEC pro or run a battery pack. I like the battery pack idea myself. I'd put a 2s LiFe pack in there and call it good
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,453 Posts
I'm going with the motrolfly 4325-380, lce 100 on 6s, partial because I have tons of 2500 6s batteries I can double up and partly because of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=sgNi3T3GmCU
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Barefoot Birkinsomething
Joined Aug 2004
9,473 Posts
Quote:
I'll be running 4 7954SH servos. Guess Ill need a separate BEC huh.
havnt got a chance to use one, but ive heard good things from team pilots about the new castle talon 90 esc. saw a post andrew jesky made on facebook about how he hasnt been able to bind up the bec with 4 standard size digital servos, which is a great sign. Retails for like $90 too, helluva steel if it holds up
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:33 AM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
at 20 amp peak I would nope not! That is a ton of head room.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:35 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
Joined Aug 2004
9,473 Posts
my guess is that they basically took a bec pro and shoved it into their new esc...which is what ive been wanting them to do for a while
RCG Plus Member