HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:32 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,273 Posts
Flew my Slick for my family today. They enjoyed the show


P.S. This Slick is for sale as airframe only if anyone local is interested
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:35 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,463 Posts
Funny thing. Today we had a 58edge with the motrolfly 4315 714kv on 4s lipo and 15x8 prop in thru air with my motrolfly 5320 300kv (19x8 prop) 8s powered 71 slick. The edge looks so much faster but in a straight line speed run my 71 slick out ran the edge. I was surprised because the edge looks so much faster going by. The size difference plays tricks on the mind.
Oh we had an aerobees 73" yak at the field today sporting a dle35cc motor. The 35cc motor tached at 7760rpm with a xoar 19x8 prop. This was the already broke in motor from the factory too. My 5320 tached at 7850 with a heavier mejzlik cf prop. I was surprised to see me putting out more power than the dle35cc motor.
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:35 PM
3D Addict
alfabeast's Avatar
Merrimac, MA
Joined Jan 2006
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Air Temp?
Increased temperature increases resistance, which would then decrease current (amps), all else being equal. If you really want to evaluate you would need to check with a wattmeter or similar.

Ohm's law if you want to get the scientific details. Colder your components, the more electrons flow is basically the theory.
alfabeast is offline Find More Posts by alfabeast
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:11 PM
Registered User
hertzrepkeith's Avatar
United States, CA, Hughson
Joined Jan 2012
1,125 Posts
Does anyone know where I can buy the Bowman Rings and the upgraded reeds online?? It is for my DLE 30CC. I think that I am saying the two Items that I need correctly. I really don't know that much about these motors, but I am trying
hertzrepkeith is offline Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:31 PM
Registered User
rmr24's Avatar
Joined Jul 2006
784 Posts
Send email to ringmaster46@msn.com and tell him what engine you want a ring for. The reed block deal is just a modification of of the stock reed block, he will send you instructions if you ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith View Post
Does anyone know where I can buy the Bowman Rings and the upgraded reeds online?? It is for my DLE 30CC. I think that I am saying the two Items that I need correctly. I really don't know that much about these motors, but I am trying
rmr24 is offline Find More Posts by rmr24
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:01 PM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Flew my Slick for my family today. They enjoyed the show


P.S. This Slick is for sale as airframe only if anyone local is interested
Gee didn't you just barely get this plane?
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:02 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Gee didn't you just barely get this plane?
Just did the maiden last weekend
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:10 PM
Registered User
jsmith285's Avatar
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfabeast View Post
Increased temperature increases resistance, which would then decrease current (amps), all else being equal. If you really want to evaluate you would need to check with a wattmeter or similar.

Ohm's law if you want to get the scientific details. Colder your components, the more electrons flow is basically the theory.
I meant outside air temp. He is in NC and could be seeing some of the coolest air in the area since he started flying the plane. Cold Air is Thicker and will feel different.
jsmith285 is online now Find More Posts by jsmith285
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:13 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Just did the maiden last weekend
You haven't given this plane enough of a chance.... Nothing flies like a Slick!!

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:18 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Flew my Slick for my family today. They enjoyed the show


P.S. This Slick is for sale as airframe only if anyone local is interested
whatcha getting in it's place
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:34 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
You haven't given this plane enough of a chance.... Nothing flies like a Slick!!

SteveT
It's a long shot anyway. I noticed people around here never want to pay top dollar and i'm asking near retail but it's like new. Most likely it'll end up staying but i figured i'd put it up for sale before i beat the plane up too bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
whatcha getting in it's place
I'm looking at either the 72'' Extra or EF 70'' Extra....If anyone has one in really good condition i'd be happy to trade you airframes.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:40 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,273 Posts
Also guys don't get me wrong there are things about the Slick that i love. The snaps for one are awesome, hovers/torque are super easy, it can slow down to a crawl, and it can still do the high energy moves great. If anything i'd like to have a heavier setup because it's a little floaty for my taste. Some people will absolutely LOVE the way it floats but it's a little much for me.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:52 PM
3D Addict
alfabeast's Avatar
Merrimac, MA
Joined Jan 2006
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
I meant outside air temp. He is in NC and could be seeing some of the coolest air in the area since he started flying the plane. Cold Air is Thicker and will feel different.
Another big benefit, that's why I must have moved all the way up here north
alfabeast is offline Find More Posts by alfabeast
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:26 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Also guys don't get me wrong there are things about the Slick that i love. The snaps for one are awesome, hovers/torque are super easy, it can slow down to a crawl, and it can still do the high energy moves great. If anything i'd like to have a heavier setup because it's a little floaty for my taste. Some people will absolutely LOVE the way it floats but it's a little much for me.
You should try an 8s setup like I'm flying. I love it!!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:10 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
DenverJayhawk's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
You should try an 8s setup like I'm flying. I love it!!
Word! I loved my slick on 8s. I love my 74" Edge on 8s too.
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll 3D hobby shop 51" slick or 55" SHP? appleflyer 3D Flying 24 Mar 24, 2009 06:29 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop's AJ Slick Clark Warfel Electric Plane Talk 3 May 08, 2008 07:31 AM