SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:59 PM
United States, CA, Hughson
Joined Jan 2012
1,115 Posts
I have not recieved it yet and I called and emailed them today but have not heard back. I don't even know what it looks like but I am assume that I could just sodden another jr extension on. I could be wrong. It comes tomorrow so I will find out! I am bummed because I am all ready for the Maiden and just waiting on this stupid switch and might not be able to get it in the air as soon as I want too!!!
hertzrepkeith is online now Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:03 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
I just realized my badger does not even have shrink wrap....this is easy to solder on to.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:07 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,115 Posts
I don't have a deans y harness and no local hobby shop will so if I was going to order one online and at that point I am better off just getting the correct one from fromco. I am running 7955 servos and I believe the throttle and choke are 5665 (HV servos with a ultra tech BEC with it. And I am just running 1 2 cell Lipo. Thanks for all the great suggestions. I guess I will have to wait till it gets here tomorrow and see !
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:15 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,115 Posts
Hey I got the omega spinner and I am using a DLE30cc. For some reason I can't find a M5 bolt that is long enough to old the spinner on! Any suggestions. Also I got the badger and it has 1 Jr out instead of two. I plugged it in and it worked fine. Are you guys sure you have to have two???
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:35 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
$1500 bird is not worth risking one JR input to the receiver. The stall current on one HS-7955TG is 4 amps. Now you should not be stalling them out but with airflow and high throws they are going to pull some power.

My sears has a ton of M5's in stock so I would try there or fastenal. You could also get a adapter extension for the prop shaft to get you closer to the spinner and use a readily available M5 bolt.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:04 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jul 2007
250 Posts
Need Help

My 71" slick arrived yesterday,and I have a few Q.
Im going with the motrol fly 4325-450 on 6 cells.
I want to run my servos at 7.4v so which way is preferred going with
an cc pro bec and setting it for 7.4 out or running a seperate 2 cell lipo?
What is the concensus on the motor on 6 cell. I think it weighs less than two 4cells together.
Comments please.
graniteguy is offline Find More Posts by graniteguy
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:21 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith View Post
Hey I got the omega spinner and I am using a DLE30cc. For some reason I can't find a M5 bolt that is long enough to old the spinner on! Any suggestions. Also I got the badger and it has 1 Jr out instead of two. I plugged it in and it worked fine. Are you guys sure you have to have two???
Mr.Metric...In San Jose...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:57 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,115 Posts
Thanks Steve. As for the badger switch I just soddered a addition set of JR on to it. It was very simple.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:05 AM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
Good insurance. I think the possible concern with the clevis is due to the vibration the clevis can shear. Are you still planning on replacing it?
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:34 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by graniteguy View Post
My 71" slick arrived yesterday,and I have a few Q.
Im going with the motrol fly 4325-450 on 6 cells.
I want to run my servos at 7.4v so which way is preferred going with
an cc pro bec and setting it for 7.4 out or running a seperate 2 cell lipo?
What is the concensus on the motor on 6 cell. I think it weighs less than two 4cells together.
Comments please.
I'm not sure what you are asking,but a 2s lipo will be ok OR a bec pro will be ok set at the voltage you want to run. As log as your rx can handle that much voltage thru it unless you are separating the servo volts from the rx.
The motor will Huck that plane no problem. 18x8 prop?
I'm not sure if there is a general "preferred" way of doing this. Some go one way and some go the other and all will get you to huckin nirvana.
I have read that using the cc bec pro will give you a more steady 7.4 volts as the packs lose power. A lipo will be under 7.4 as it discharges through it's flights. Dunno if you can tell this or not.
Gotcha confused enough?
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:11 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jul 2007
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
I'm not sure what you are asking,but a 2s lipo will be ok OR a bec pro will be ok set at the voltage you want to run. As log as your rx can handle that much voltage thru it unless you are separating the servo volts from the rx.
The motor will Huck that plane no problem. 18x8 prop?
I'm not sure if there is a general "preferred" way of doing this. Some go one way and some go the other and all will get you to huckin nirvana.
I have read that using the cc bec pro will give you a more steady 7.4 volts as the packs lose power. A lipo will be under 7.4 as it discharges through it's flights. Dunno if you can tell this or not.
Gotcha confused enough?
I've been confused as long as I can remember!!!!
I will go with the pro from cc,thanks for the advice.
graniteguy is offline Find More Posts by graniteguy
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:13 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,788 Posts
Any ideas?

I have not flown my 71 SLick since Late May. It has become a backup to my 89" Slick and doesn't get much action.

But when I took it out today, I remembered something that was bothering me about it.

The pull pull cables are the right tension, but for some reason, I am using 80% rudder, just to hold a steady full throttle knife edge. I am using 100% for about half throttle. This is both left to right and vice versa.

Any ideas why this could be? MY other 71" was nothing like that, and they have the same components, other than a slightly heavier battery.

I am using Sky 6s 5000mah 40C packs, which are basically the same weight as my previous Zippy packs. ?????
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:58 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
Balance issue maybe? Weak rudder servo? Bad rudder extension?
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:05 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Balance issue maybe? Weak rudder servo? Bad rudder extension?
yea maybe blow back, observe the rudder when it flys by, see if it's actually deflected 80%. hold it with your hand on the ground and see if it's strong enough.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:55 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,115 Posts
Where do I measure the cg from on a 71"gasser slick with a DLE 30cc motor???