HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:19 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,691 Posts
right...

although I thought I read that someone had gotten mike mayberry to say on the record that the 7955 were ok on hv.
Irg is online now Find More Posts by Irg
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:39 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
I thought I read that too
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:06 AM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
right...

although I thought I read that someone had gotten mike mayberry to say on the record that the 7955 were ok on hv.
Yep. That's true. However, if you look at the product specs for the HS-7955TG High Torque Titanium Gear Coreless Servo it shows 6v max. It also isn't listed as one of Hitec's Ultra Premium High Voltage servos. Hitec isn't marketing it as an HV servo but we have all proven it to be reliable as an HV servo and Mayberry acknowledges that as well. That's all I was saying.
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:09 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,691 Posts
sorry if my 7am-before-coffee post seemed argumentative. wasn't intended as such .
Irg is online now Find More Posts by Irg
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:32 AM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
It's all good

I'm the argumentative one.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:44 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
It's all good

I'm the argumentative one.
no yur not dernit i am!
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:31 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
HV denotes that it can run on a 2S LiPo unregulated which is 7.4 nominal and 8.4v max.

HS7955's aren't actually marketed as HV rated servos but consumers have proven that they are capable of handling 2S LiPo power unregulated.

LiFe is 6.6v nominal and I'm not sure what it maxes out at but it settles back down to around 6.6v pretty quickly and stays there until it's dead. I've been running my HS985MG's on unregulated A123 without issue. Actually, I normally set my BEC's to 6.5 or 6.6volts on most all of my servos except my 7955's which I run at 2S LiPo unregulated.
Does the RX take 2s unregulated ok?
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:44 AM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,439 Posts
what rx? Spektrum ones are generally rated for 9.0 volts.
ryan_m is online now Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:26 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
I thought it was on an ATTF episode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
right...

going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:33 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Does the RX take 2s unregulated ok?
I'm flying futaba but my 103 has a power expander so the rx gets regulated 5v so I've never looked into it
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:10 AM
3DHobbyShop.com
S. Lancaster County, PA
Joined Jun 2006
2,528 Posts
Electric 71" Slicks up for pre-order!
horton is offline Find More Posts by horton
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:38 AM
Fly More Crash Less
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Sep 2007
1,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindGap View Post
Just maidened my 71 slick with an OS GT33. I think it's a groovy engine.

This plane is sick! But that's like announcing that water is good. Everyone knows it. But's it's sick! After my initial maiden, land, check for problems, fly, land, check for problems, I took her up and tried a few 3d moves. Nailed the knife edge spin on first attempt, and on low rates. Wow. So much easier to get it to perform than realflight.

Anyway, didn't go crazy yet. Have to take my time and work out the itty problems that usually arises with a new plane. And need time to dial it in to my preference.

Water is good.
The KE Spin is the one move I am having trouble with on my slick. I can get maybe 2 rotations before it turns into an inverted flat spin. I can nail it almost every time with my other 3DHS planes but not this guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
I thought it was on an ATTF episode?
That is where I heard it. Not sure which episode. I think it was the last time he was on if that helps any.
AZAerobat is offline Find More Posts by AZAerobat
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:11 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAerobat View Post
The KE Spin is the one move I am having trouble with on my slick. I can get maybe 2 rotations before it turns into an inverted flat spin. I can nail it almost every time with my other 3DHS planes but not this guy.

That is where I heard it. Not sure which episode. I think it was the last time he was on if that helps any.
Matt, on my 70 the KE spins are not the easiest to enter, but once I'm in I can usually hold it. Are you adding rudder and aileron inputs while it's spinning, to hold it in?
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:22 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAerobat View Post

If you start your spin with left aileron and then move the aileron stick to the right as you enter the ke spin, then you are giving too much right aileron if it is flattening out inverted. That is how I exit a ke spin. Add opposite aileron until it flattens out into an inverted flat spin. Ease off your aileron inputs until you find the sweet spot
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:00 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,496 Posts
Slicks need less rudder than most planes to maintain a KE spin. With full rudder, mine fall out. I finally was able to hold mine when I accidentally left my rudder on low rates one day. Ben even mentioned once in the 51" thread that he uses no rudder.
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.