Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:31 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Has anyone tried to adapt the 74 landing gear to work on the slick? I really hate to use the aluminum gear I have from my hangar 9 cap.
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:50 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
Has anyone tried to adapt the 74 landing gear to work on the slick? I really hate to use the aluminum gear I have from my hangar 9 cap.
Try this place.

http://www.graphtechrcshop.com/main.sc

That is where I replaced my 89" slick gear.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:00 PM
United States, NC, Greensboro
Joined Dec 2006
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Ignition noise can get into the servo wires and cause havoc.
how exactly is that going to happen? none of the servos are connected to it and all of the ignitions power is completely seperate from the RX power .

try again.
racerman27410 is offline Find More Posts by racerman27410
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:07 PM
Team Hillbilly
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Try this place.

http://www.graphtechrcshop.com/main.sc

That is where I replaced my 89" slick gear.
Thanks I saw this same link in another post but don't see an exact set. I wonder of they can ship a set without holes so I can just drill the correct holes. I guess as long as the height is the same and width similar I should be good to go.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:10 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
it will work with a little work...might have to make it more narrow, perhaps drill new holes. my 71 has my first 65 vyper gear on it. the only one that is totally different is the 72 with it's scale shape.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:14 PM
Team Hillbilly
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Heck maybe I will just fabricate a set at work out of aluminum then drill some holes to lighten it up. Could even drill the holes small and spell something out. Hmmmmmmm
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:10 PM
A tale of two slickies
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Feb 2010
442 Posts
I am thinking of using these on my 74 edge or my 71 when I get it. they look amazing:

XQ Power 4013 Servo comparison (11 min 14 sec)
0gravity is online now Find More Posts by 0gravity
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:29 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman27410 View Post
how exactly is that going to happen? none of the servos are connected to it and all of the ignitions power is completely seperate from the RX power .

try again.
Don't be so quick. It happens
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:29 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
...... just not worth it anymore....
going4speed is online now Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:44 PM
Joined Dec 2006
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
Don't be so quick. It happens

Heck this is model R/C .... anything "might" happen at any moment.

A person can only do their due diligence.... IE engine running range test to verify their own setup.

Like i said.... i've been running mine this way for well over a year with no issues whatsoever.

if dude wants to leave his ignition up front and add 2 ounces of lead to the tail its all good with me.
Last edited by racerman27410; Aug 15, 2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:02 PM
Joined Dec 2006
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
...... just not worth it anymore....
a high post count does not mean you cannot learn something new.

Spread spectrum radios as the name suggest are not bound by narrow band frequencies; they spread their radio signals out over a large range of the radio spectrum. They also use a much higher frequency range 2.4 GHz. That is a frequency of 2.4 BILLION cycles per second. This is well beyond the range of most RF (radio frequency) generated noise that occurs below 300 MHz making 2.4 GHz much more immune to interference issues."

check these out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&hl=en&v=VWH8KkXhHY0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&hl=en&v=9ElKP6tu8z4

as you can see , non contact RF interference is highly unlikely when using a spread spectrum radio.
Now if you have the servo wires in direct contact with the spark plug HT lead and or are powering the ignition from the same source as your RX then that is direct contact interference..... still highly unlikely to bring your plane down unless the spark plug cap is not securely on the plug..... then all bets are off. (if the engine will even run)

now if dude was going to be running a AM radio i would suggest not even using a gas engine in the plane. :-)

Above all else... nothing can replace a proper range test of your equipment...... i do a range test and preflight my planes every single time i go to the field regardless of how good everything was working the last time i was out.
Last edited by racerman27410; Aug 15, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:41 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Quote:
Heck this is model R/C .... anything "might" happen at any moment.

A person can only do their due diligence.... IE engine running range test to verify their own setup.

Like i said.... i've been running mine this way for well over a year with no issues whatsoever.

if dude wants to leave his ignition up front and add 2 ounces of lead to the tail its all good with me.
You have been running your engine for over a year with an intermittent connection on your spark plug?

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my post. Thats what I meant. A bad spark plug connection can cause interference even with a separate ignition battery
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:48 PM
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Jul 2011
68 Posts
I did ask Mr Smith to send a photo of their set up for the Slick with the GT 33, because the youtube video show he did have the ignition in the default location that 3DHS gave us. Once we get some awesome snaps from Mr Smith of their set up it might show how they figured the puzzle out. I left mine right now in pull pull because I like that set up, but I am also going to go 2 batteries for Rx and Ignition.
renoglowflyer is offline Find More Posts by renoglowflyer
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:54 PM
Joined Dec 2006
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
You have been running your engine for over a year with an intermittent connection on your spark plug?

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my post. Thats what I meant. A bad spark plug connection can cause interference even with a separate ignition battery

LOL its all good....:we know the engine wont run that way ..... no running engine= no flying= no crashing
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:06 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Quote:
LOL its all good....:we know the engine wont run that way ..... no running engine= no flying= no crashing
Well, my point was that the engine will run with a bad spark plug connection and it will cause radio interference on a 2.4 ghz radio even with a separate ignition battery. I've seen it with mine own eyes.