HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:05 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,686 Posts
I "may" have led you astray, but I don't think so... There is the TS-85 Ferrari Red.. and also the TS-8 Italian red. My problem, is that I has open cans of both in my paint locker. That said...I am still pretty darn sure it is the TS-85 Ferrari red....

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:31 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
guys.. im just back from first test of osgt33... (mine failure)... the only setup mistake might be that i made loop over tank and in vent line and in line to carburator...(should fuel line to carburator go straight or with loop over fuel tank?)
i did not touch stock needle settings and seemed to take forever for fuel to get to carb...
and even when it did, i couldnt start engine... most what it did was 1-2 blows and thats it...(and yes, i DID open choke...)
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:06 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
guys.. im just back from first test of osgt33... (mine failure)... the only setup mistake might be that i made loop over tank and in vent line and in line to carburator...(should fuel line to carburator go straight or with loop over fuel tank?)
i did not touch stock needle settings and seemed to take forever for fuel to get to carb...
and even when it did, i couldnt start engine... most what it did was 1-2 blows and thats it...(and yes, i DID open choke...)
You want your vent line to loop and your line from the tank to the carb to be as strait and short as possible. Here is a couple of pics to help

joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:23 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
hmmm..ok, ill try to shorten carb fuel line... ehh...
basically here is how i understand starting...
switch all on, close choke, throttle 5-10%, flip the prop while fuel gets to carb, open choke, and continue flipping prop while engine starts...
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:37 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,293 Posts
You are right on, and some times you have to start with the throttle up a little as well. When I started my OS for the first time a few weeks ago I was flipping for a while before it ran as well. It can help some times to squirt a little fuel right into the carb to get it wet as well. The other thing too with the OS ignitions they will allow the engine to pop backwards and theKM recommended a slower flip and a bump of throttle to avoid that.
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:47 AM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2010
130 Posts
Anybody using Phoenix 4.0 sim, what is the best set up that flies like the Slick.
mdauth is offline Find More Posts by mdauth
Old Aug 02, 2012, 10:44 AM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
hmmm..ok, ill try to shorten carb fuel line... ehh...
basically here is how i understand starting...
switch all on, close choke, throttle 5-10%, flip the prop while fuel gets to carb, open choke, and continue flipping prop while engine starts...
which direction do u flip the prop?
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Aug 02, 2012, 10:51 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Aug 02, 2012, 10:54 AM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,293 Posts
Since the ETA page is gone, is there any official word of when these will be back in stock? I'm in need of a replacement since I sold my old 70 to a local friend...
ryan_m is offline Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Aug 02, 2012, 10:57 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
ccw
jsmith285 is online now Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Aug 02, 2012, 10:57 AM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I just ask because my buddy flipped his the wrong way for hours and hours when he got his first gasser. He said it busted off the first time he went the correct way.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:13 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
of course i flip it the way it is supposed to turn in flight...... shortened tank-carb fuel line, still cant get it to start... pulled out spark plug, it seems wet, when i try testing it, i can hear spark but i cant see it...(or can see it BARELY) im using aerotech ibec with set voltage as per manual on 6.1v.. (it was no different on 5v) engine is getting fuel but nothing is happening...
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:17 AM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
Is the ignition plugged in correctly? Can you try a different plug?

As for stock on the 71" electric my bet would be august 6th. Seems that is when other planes are due in stock.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:25 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Is the ignition plugged in correctly? Can you try a different plug?
should the spark be under 1mm or over 1cm big? and sound should be barely audible or clear and loud when checking plug? i am about to order another plug just to make sure...

correctly? servo lead with b/r/w goes to engine rpm sensor and other lead with only r/b goes to ibec.... ibec led is on so ibec should be geting power...
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:27 AM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
sounds like you have the right spark I was thinking that unplugging and then replugging in the ignition module might help get more current to the ignition.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed