HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 13, 2012, 12:06 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
G.P.'s Avatar
Joined May 2005
6,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post



Just kidding of course Greg!!!
I know!

I dish it out, so I'd better be able to take it!
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:35 AM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome! View Post
Anyone running their 985's on 6.5 volts? If so, any issues?
I run mine in my 71 slick at 6.3v using the castle pro bec. no issues so far..not sure if the bump to 6.5 would matter or not?
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:58 AM
MD1 HACK
joshet89's Avatar
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
I run mine in my 71 slick at 6.3v using the castle pro bec. no issues so far..not sure if the bump to 6.5 would matter or not?
I have been running 7985's direct out of a A123 and they have worked great. My slick BEC is set to 6.5v with 2 7985 and 2 985's and they are rolling along awesome as well!
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 09:26 AM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
I have been running 7985's direct out of a A123 and they have worked great. My slick BEC is set to 6.5v with 2 7985 and 2 985's and they are rolling along awesome as well!
Cool beans. I also run a set of 985s in my vyper on straight 2s life pack. i wouldn't be scared to try it
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 12:05 PM
Registered User
Mr Big Head's Avatar
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Feb 2011
1,043 Posts
Any ETA on the 71 Slick?
Mr Big Head is offline Find More Posts by Mr Big Head
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:52 PM
customstandoffs
cmala's Avatar
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Sounds perfect to me. Why would this not work?
I got some feedback from noll on a couple of bushings I sent him. They fit great.

So, if anyone wants prop bushings for an os 33 gt, 2 for $10 shipped.

I'll get them on my website tonight along with some pictures
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:06 PM
3DHS 'native'
going4speed's Avatar
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
These bush upto what diameter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
I got some feedback from noll on a couple of bushings I sent him. They fit great.

So, if anyone wants prop bushings for an os 33 gt, 2 for $10 shipped.

I'll get them on my website tonight along with some pictures
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:14 PM
customstandoffs
cmala's Avatar
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
8mm prop shaft to 10mm prop hub
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:19 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
I got some feedback from noll on a couple of bushings I sent him. They fit great.

So, if anyone wants prop bushings for an os 33 gt, 2 for $10 shipped.

I'll get them on my website tonight along with some pictures
and im here boiling in wait for standoffs and bushings lol... >.< cant wait to get the envelope! thats the only thing left for me to finish 71!
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:51 PM
Registered User
GetSome!'s Avatar
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Jan 2011
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Cool beans. I also run a set of 985s in my vyper on straight 2s life pack. i wouldn't be scared to try it
Cool guys...Ill try 6.5 then. Just wanted some success stories before I took the plunge...this isnt the plane I take all the risk with so I wanted to play it safe
GetSome! is offline Find More Posts by GetSome!
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 04:02 PM
customstandoffs
cmala's Avatar
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
and im here boiling in wait for standoffs and bushings lol... >.< cant wait to get the envelope! thats the only thing left for me to finish 71!
I sent it july 3rd let me know when you get it
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:38 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,411 Posts
7985s will handle 7.4volts with no issues
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:32 PM
Nothin Ventured, Nothin Gained
harddrive8's Avatar
United States, NC, Hickory
Joined Jul 2011
396 Posts
Well I put my 71" in the ground a little too hard on a final approach. Busted the motorbox up pretty bad, cowling is cracked, and a couple formers got busted. Luckily, I planned for such damage to occur sooner or later, so I already have a cowling and motorbox for the 71 ready to be installed.

Can someone give me a few tips on tearing the bad parts out and putting the new ones in? I've done a couple repairs on smaller planes that had thinner ply in them, and just basically cut and broke everything out before. The 71 is a lot tougher to do that with from what I've seen so far. It seems I read somewhere that Acetone is a good debonder for CA glue, can anybody confirm my memory or recommend something else to use? It looks like it will need several little bottles of "official CA Debonder".

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
harddrive8 is online now Find More Posts by harddrive8
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:38 PM
Team Hillbilly
tominator06's Avatar
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harddrive8 View Post
Well I put my 71" in the ground a little too hard on a final approach. Busted the motorbox up pretty bad, cowling is cracked, and a couple formers got busted. Luckily, I planned for such damage to occur sooner or later, so I already have a cowling and motorbox for the 71 ready to be installed.

Can someone give me a few tips on tearing the bad parts out and putting the new ones in? I've done a couple repairs on smaller planes that had thinner ply in them, and just basically cut and broke everything out before. The 71 is a lot tougher to do that with from what I've seen so far. It seems I read somewhere that Acetone is a good debonder for CA glue, can anybody confirm my memory or recommend something else to use? It looks like it will need several little bottles of "official CA Debonder".

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Sorry to hear.
I used regular debonder and have yet to go through a bottle on this and a 48 shp MB repair. From what i've heard acetone works just like debonder. When you put it on you have to let it set for about 10 minutes to soak in and start working. Just work on getting it apart one section at a time and she should come right apart for ya. I thought it was actually easier than the 48 motor box repair cause you can get to it easier being larger. Let us know how it goes.
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:44 PM
Nothin Ventured, Nothin Gained
harddrive8's Avatar
United States, NC, Hickory
Joined Jul 2011
396 Posts
Thanks for the advise. I may run through the little bit of debonder I have and then move to acetone if I run out.

Words of experience: never say "its been a while since I crashed anything. I'm overdue." It seems like ever since then I've been working on repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
Sorry to hear.
I used regular debonder and have yet to go through a bottle on this and a 48 shp MB repair. From what i've heard acetone works just like debonder. When you put it on you have to let it set for about 10 minutes to soak in and start working. Just work on getting it apart one section at a time and she should come right apart for ya. I thought it was actually easier than the 48 motor box repair cause you can get to it easier being larger. Let us know how it goes.
harddrive8 is online now Find More Posts by harddrive8
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll 3D hobby shop 51" slick or 55" SHP? appleflyer 3D Flying 24 Mar 24, 2009 06:29 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop's AJ Slick Clark Warfel Electric Plane Talk 3 May 08, 2008 07:31 AM