HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 14, 2012, 02:46 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,864 Posts
GYRO when you heading my way? I just put the finishing touches on my smoke installation last night. I should be RTF again by the first of next week
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2012, 03:05 PM
www.rcdude.com
Joined May 2006
678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =- View Post
Well... he doesn't have the 70" Slick anymore... I DO!
Ah-Ha!......Well , do you have the hacker installed on that puppy? Just wondering if he sold the plane with the motor....and if you like the power to weight ratio? I honestly don't even know why I'm asking since I've seen that motor pull around those 74" edges with ease......but was curious as to what your flight times are? Thinking 6-7 minutes with descent 3D type flight?
JEFFRO503 is offline Find More Posts by JEFFRO503
Old Jun 14, 2012, 03:24 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
GYRO when you heading my way? I just put the finishing touches on my smoke installation last night. I should be RTF again by the first of next week
Nate, I'm working on it! It'll probably be a one day drive up, fly, and return home. what time do you do your flying? What is the wx like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFRO503 View Post
Ah-Ha!......Well , do you have the hacker installed on that puppy? Just wondering if he sold the plane with the motor....and if you like the power to weight ratio? I honestly don't even know why I'm asking since I've seen that motor pull around those 74" edges with ease......but was curious as to what your flight times are? Thinking 6-7 minutes with descent 3D type flight?
I bought the plane dry, and threw a motrolfly 4325-280 into her. I'm not sure about the power consumtion of the hacker, but I'm using around 3000mah for 6.5 - 7 minutes of flight
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 14, 2012, 03:28 PM
www.rcdude.com
Joined May 2006
678 Posts
Quote:
Nate, I'm working on it! It'll probably be a one day drive up, fly, and return home. what time do you do your flying? What is the wx like?

I bought the plane dry, and threw a motrolfly 4325-280 into her. I'm not sure about the power consumtion of the hacker, but I'm using around 3000mah for 6.5 - 7 minutes of flight
The motrofly motors are something I need to add to my collection of motors for sure! I'll be looking at a few other electric builds over the summer and fall...and Motrofly is on my radar!

BTW....Gyro....just noticed you are from LV. My buddy Randy ( RC DUDE ).....just moved from oregon to Pahrump NV. Hopefully I can make it down there to see him sometime in the fall so we can do some flying. He's been there a little over a month and loves it so far.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 03:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
The motrofly motors are something I need to add to my collection of motors for sure! I'll be looking at a few other electric builds over the summer and fall...and Motrofly is on my radar!

BTW....Gyro....just noticed you are from LV. My buddy Randy ( RC DUDE ).....just moved from oregon to Pahrump NV. Hopefully I can make it down there to see him sometime in the fall so we can do some flying. He's been there a little over a month and loves it so far.
I/m a BIG motrolfly fan.... I'm sure hackers are also great motors, but for me, being able to call/email with Ken (subsonicplanes) to discuss custom kv windings, and get lightening fast turnaround on service / repairs has been the deciding factore for me. He earned my loyalty many times over!

I've been buying my props from Randy for quite a while now! We were just watching a funny trip some props took out of vegas, through LA, and then back to me for a 5 day trip which should have been a 45 minute drive.
Pahrump is a different breed then Vegas though, they've actually got a little land around their houses! That, and the ChickenRanch!
Old Jun 14, 2012, 03:58 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,864 Posts
Quote:
I like to fly in the morning before it gets hot. Earlier the better but I realize you will have a 1.5 - 2 hour drive to get here. You will find that there is not much relief coming up here from Vegas. I can pretty much fly any day except Wednesdays or Sundays. I am in between jobs and semesters so I'm pretty flexible right now. There is one weekend in July that I can't do (26th through 28th) but other than that I'm pretty much open.

Let's nail down a date so I can make sure to steer clear of it for other things that may come up. My wife is wanting me to take her out to the Grand Canyon but I will probably reserve that trip for our Anniversary at the beginning of August.

What does wx mean? lol
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jun 14, 2012, 04:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I like to fly in the morning before it gets hot. Earlier the better but I realize you will have a 1.5 - 2 hour drive to get here. You will find that there is not much relief coming up here from Vegas. I can pretty much fly any day except Wednesdays or Sundays. I am in between jobs and semesters so I'm pretty flexible right now. There is one weekend in July that I can't do (26th through 28th) but other than that I'm pretty much open.

Let's nail down a date so I can make sure to steer clear of it for other things that may come up. My wife is wanting me to take her out to the Grand Canyon but I will probably reserve that trip for our Anniversary at the beginning of August.

What does wx mean? lol
wx is military pilot shorthand for Weather.

let me look at the next couple of weekends, and see if I can lock something down
Old Jun 14, 2012, 04:40 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,995 Posts
Does anybody know the length of the 71 slick wing tube?
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Old Jun 14, 2012, 05:20 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
does anybody know the length of the 71 slick wing tube?
28-5/16"
tominator06 is online now Find More Posts by tominator06
Old Jun 14, 2012, 07:08 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,110 Posts
Quote:
Hey Steve.....just wanted to check in to see how that new little Hacker A60-6XS is holding up? I just got one for a Giant RC Charger Fuzion I'm going to build.....but was thinking about maybe picking up another one to slap in my 70" slick. Using a 20X10 Xoar ( or some other 20X10 )......are your flight times pretty descent with a 5000mah 6S pack? Really looking forward to trying this little motor out. It seems to fly the 74" Edges around really well.....I would think it's a beast on a 70-71" slick....or my giant Fuzion.
Quote:
Well... he doesn't have the 70" Slick anymore... I DO!
It was holding up fine until some dastardly person conned me out of my beautiful "Crimson Bovine" Slick.... But ti will be stuffed into the the front of my new 71" Slick (which I am sure I will be able to see better), very shortly....As soon as my batteries get here from Thunder Power, I will be able to finish up my red 74" Edge, (which has the 8S version of the A60-6XS, the A60-5S in it), then will start on the 71"!! I used the 20X10 APC...Joe Smith like 21X10, but not sure what brand....20X10 plenty of power for me....but I am going to try a Xoar PJT carbon fiber 20X10 on it (and the A60-5S)...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jun 14, 2012, 08:26 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
28-5/16"
Thank you.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Old Jun 15, 2012, 02:37 AM
www.rcdude.com
Joined May 2006
678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
It was holding up fine until some dastardly person conned me out of my beautiful "Crimson Bovine" Slick.... But ti will be stuffed into the the front of my new 71" Slick (which I am sure I will be able to see better), very shortly....As soon as my batteries get here from Thunder Power, I will be able to finish up my red 74" Edge, (which has the 8S version of the A60-6XS, the A60-5S in it), then will start on the 71"!! I used the 20X10 APC...Joe Smith like 21X10, but not sure what brand....20X10 plenty of power for me....but I am going to try a Xoar PJT carbon fiber 20X10 on it (and the A60-5S)...

SteveT
Thanks Steve for your input! I may be able to check out that hacker the weekend after next. Pretty sure I am going to take that hyperion motor out and give that new hacker a try.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 05:06 AM
The Best or Nothing
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2008
216 Posts
Is the jump to a 71 from a 51 worth it? I love my 51, I can't think of it getting any better... Is it true???
RustyT3FT is online now Find More Posts by RustyT3FT
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:39 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyT3FT View Post
Is the jump to a 71 from a 51 worth it? I love my 51, I can't think of it getting any better... Is it true???
I have the 42,51, and 71(had the 59). The 71 is my favorite. Yeah its that good.
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Jun 16, 2012, 12:52 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,110 Posts
In the case of many things...bigger is better...and in this case it is true...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...