Old Nov 23, 2011, 03:32 PM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
OS recommended Props
Propeller: 18x10-12, 19x10, 20x8-10, use 18x8 prop for break-in
Thanks Joe! I'll check to see if I can return the props I have for an exchange for what you and OS recommended. Thanks! Just put the DLE-30, J'Tec pitts muffer and 3" Spinner in the mail for return. Order the OS GT33 on Friday! Thanks!
RC_Feen is offline Find More Posts by RC_Feen
Old Nov 23, 2011, 06:33 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
For those running the Savox 1258TG servos. Do yours make a high pitch whining noise when any resistance is applied to them? The weight of the elevator is enough to do it on mine. the rudder is quiet until i apply pressure, but thats only until i install the steering wire again I'm sure. I just replaced the servos in the tail of my 71 Slick since two 985MG's were damaged in a crash and i really don't want to wait to get them back from hitec. Plus everybody seems to love the 1258TG for this size plane and they were in stock at the LHS. Repairs are 99.9% complete at this point. i will post pics when i get some more time. just waiting on a futaba spline rudder arm big enough to give me the proper throw. none in stock in town so looks like it will be a while after the holidays.
lammbn is offline Find More Posts by lammbn
Old Nov 23, 2011, 06:41 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammbn View Post
For those running the Savox 1258TG servos. Do yours make a high pitch whining noise when any resistance is applied to them? The weight of the elevator is enough to do it on mine. the rudder is quiet until i apply pressure, but thats only until i install the steering wire again I'm sure. I just replaced the servos in the tail of my 71 Slick since two 985MG's were damaged in a crash and i really don't want to wait to get them back from hitec. Plus everybody seems to love the 1258TG for this size plane and they were in stock at the LHS. Repairs are 99.9% complete at this point. i will post pics when i get some more time. just waiting on a futaba spline rudder arm big enough to give me the proper throw. none in stock in town so looks like it will be a while after the holidays.
thats normal for digital servos. its just the servo digitally correctiong and trying to hold center
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:12 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,597 Posts
my 71 Slick crashed today. Wings, gear, and tail surfaces are okay. Does 3dhs sell a fuse kit? I didn't see it on the website. I sent them an email and PM'd a few people here, but thought i would ask here too.
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:15 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,450 Posts
Ouch sorry to hear that.

No more fuse kits.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:20 PM
Bridgeton, NJ
Joined Mar 2009
2,083 Posts
Are they just temp out of stock or not going to offer them anymore? Would be shame if it's the latter. One of the things I've always like about 3DHS is that you can get just the parts you need.
cayars is offline Find More Posts by cayars
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:22 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,450 Posts
not offering fuse kits anymore
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:41 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,597 Posts
Well that sucks. Maybe I'll look in to a smaller airframe like the 57sc or something that can use the same batteries
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Last edited by DenverJayhawk; Nov 23, 2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 08:32 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
Joined Aug 2004
9,467 Posts
ok, almost finished with my e71 build, but ran into a hitch.

i was mounting the cowl, and left the canopy off. drilled the mounting screw holes, got it all ready, and now my canopy wont fit on properly, looks like it isnt going forward enough. so i tried to enlarge the holes in the cowling for the canopy locator pins and that didnt really help. so then i took off the cowling, put on the canopy, aligned it correctly, slid the cowling back on, and the mounting screw holes in the cowling lined up perfectly with the ones i drilled in the fuse

so then i slid it all on with no screws, and got the canopy to fit right, put the screws in to hold the cowling on, and the canopy wouldnt come off, it was jammed somehow.

what do i need to do to fix it??
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2011, 08:46 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post
ok, almost finished with my e71 build, but ran into a hitch.

i was mounting the cowl, and left the canopy off. drilled the mounting screw holes, got it all ready, and now my canopy wont fit on properly, looks like it isnt going forward enough. so i tried to enlarge the holes in the cowling for the canopy locator pins and that didnt really help. so then i took off the cowling, put on the canopy, aligned it correctly, slid the cowling back on, and the mounting screw holes in the cowling lined up perfectly with the ones i drilled in the fuse

so then i slid it all on with no screws, and got the canopy to fit right, put the screws in to hold the cowling on, and the canopy wouldnt come off, it was jammed somehow.

what do i need to do to fix it??
The canopy latch pin is probably sticking out a bit too far, which will keep the canopy from seating correctly when trying to put it on and also will not release it when the canopy is on. This is the only thing you did not mention as having checked, so maybe that is it.

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Nov 23, 2011, 08:47 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
The canopy latch pin is probably sticking out a bit too far, which will keep the canopy from seating correctly when trying to put it on and also will not release it when the canopy is on.

Stevet
+1 great place to start looking!
Old Nov 23, 2011, 08:47 PM
nsg
Yardley, PA
Joined Sep 2006
4,158 Posts
The canopy needs to lift up before sliding back. So two things to check:
the canopy can move up when inserted into cowl (cowl off the plane)
the tabs on the canopy sides don't get stuck in the fuse
nsg is offline Find More Posts by nsg
Old Nov 23, 2011, 08:56 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
Joined Aug 2004
9,467 Posts
i think you guys are mis understanding my question. i already moved the pin back to make sure it wont get caught, but my problem is that when the cowling is mounted, the canopy doesnt properly fit and close
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2011, 09:10 PM
USA, VA, Narrows
Joined Mar 2009
1,493 Posts
Put some masking tape on top of the canopy before putting on the cowl. This will give enough clearance that you should be able to remove the canopy once the cowl is installed.
skippy78 is online now Find More Posts by skippy78