HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2011, 11:44 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
well I am going to fly my 71 slick in the cul da sac here shortly batteries should be done in about 5 minutes
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2011, 11:51 AM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
well I am going to fly my 71 slick in the cul da sac here shortly batteries should be done in about 5 minutes
Waaaay to windy here or I would be out there too. I would love to find a secluded site to fly away from the busy RC filed.
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Nov 13, 2011, 11:53 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
I fly at schools and at an open feild by the house. When I am being lazy and dont want to drive anywhere I fly in the cu da sac. Its windy here too but I really want to fly.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 06:51 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
flew the slick today. I first brought up my sons parkzone wildcat. Well it got blown around pretty bad. It was windy but got it set up inmy radio I then took the 71slick out to show my cousin that is down. Got 2 flights on it. As you know the wind didnt effect it that much I was torque rolling it in the middle of the cul da sac. I hover caught it. Did rolling harriers down the street. I had fun. Though since I have bee flying off a street I need a new tail wheel. I have done worn this one out (down to the plastic)
Old Nov 13, 2011, 06:56 PM
Suffolk, VA
Joined Nov 2010
2,696 Posts
What do I need to recover the plane I had to peel back some vinyl on the bottom to fix the lg can I just pull it back down and iron over it?
3DBobz is offline Find More Posts by 3DBobz
Old Nov 13, 2011, 07:19 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
If it will easily pull back then Yeah thats the way to go nut most of the time the covering doesnt let go that easily. So you end up having to cut it some where to seam up a new peice
Old Nov 13, 2011, 07:35 PM
Mesquite Tx
Joined Jan 2008
263 Posts
Just wondering... Those of you with a DLE30 and the 3dhs canister set, how is the header holding up, any problems with the flex section?
Bigugly is offline Find More Posts by Bigugly
Last edited by Bigugly; Nov 13, 2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 08:14 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Well I got a some flying in today near the house. Mostly with the 48 Edge but I did manage a couple flights with the 71. I mounted the Gopro facing rearward to show the surface movements and to see the ground better. I did learn that I put way more right rudder than left during most rollers. I have recently start pulsing the throttle twice on the way around most of the time. They seem to look ok but I would think they will be smoother with the same about of input in each direction. That's what practice is for. This is the first flight with the gopro mounted on the 71. Got a little help from Mr Osbourne!! Watch in 720p as that is the resolution I recorded it in.
3dhobbyshop 71" AJ Slick - Onboard GoPro Flight 1 (5 min 38 sec)
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Last edited by tominator06; Nov 13, 2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 08:54 PM
Professional Toothpick maker
USA, NY, New Hampton
Joined Jan 2005
696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
Well I got a some flying in today near the house. Mostly with the 48 Edge but I did manage a couple flights with the 71. I mounted the Gopro facing rearward to show the surface movements and to see the ground better. I did learn that I put way more right rudder than left during most rollers. I have recently start pulsing the throttle twice on the way around most of the time. They seem to look ok but I would think they will be smoother with the same about of input in each direction. That's what practice is for. This is the first flight with the gopro mounted on the 71. Got a little help from Mr Osbourne!! Watch in 720p as that is the resolution I recorded it in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGvT--IvqvI
Nice! great tunes also. I really liked the control surfaces in the rolling circles
nalby is offline Find More Posts by nalby
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:30 AM
TEAM CANUCKER HUCKER
Canada, AB, Medicine Hat
Joined Sep 2003
1,636 Posts
Ahhh..........memories

ssflylow is offline Find More Posts by ssflylow
Old Nov 14, 2011, 05:50 AM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Nice pics Shawn!! I was messing around editing my second flight with the gopro and tried putting the footage in a Picture in picture. Timing is close. Check it out.
3dhs 71" Slick - Hatcam and GoPro onboard test 1 (6 min 54 sec)
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Old Nov 14, 2011, 07:48 AM
"Failure is not an option"
West Babylon NY
Joined Dec 2006
530 Posts
Great job Tom. Looks fantastic, great flying too.
TOFAST4U2C is offline Find More Posts by TOFAST4U2C
Old Nov 14, 2011, 04:01 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnlh View Post
Ahhh..........memories
Great pics Shawn....

And that land in the background looks flat as a pool table... you sure you aren't in Kansas??

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:59 PM
Team CAPACITY
United States, IN, Osceola
Joined Feb 2008
1,361 Posts
maidened my 71 Slick tonight...

Wow. After flying the 72 Extra for a season I jumped into the 71 SLick. Within seconds I was comfy enough to bring it right down on the deck. It took me almost 40 flights on the Extra to do that.
The Slick is super stable in Upright Harrier and hovers extremely easy. Blenders, KE spins, weeble wobbles, rolling harriers, Inverted harriers, they all are picture perfect. I honestly couldn't find a weakness in this plane. Stable, predictable, and CAPABLE!!

You gotta love SLICKS!!!

CG was spot on from the getgo and no trim required. Perfect setup and weight to power ratio.

Using the following:

Motrofly 4325 380Kv
ICE 100a esc
CC Bec Pro
19x8 prop Xoar (soon moving to 19x10)
6s 30c 5000
2s 20c 1300 rx pack
Savox 1825TG servos all around

PD
pstrdenver is offline Find More Posts by pstrdenver
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:00 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOFAST4U2C View Post
Great job Tom. Looks fantastic, great flying too.
+1 to that....I had just finished watching the onboard video, and I was thinking to myself, that was cool, I like being able to clearly see the control surfaces during some of those maneuvers...wouldn't it be cool to see the flying view and the onboard view next to each other...then a few posts later, you deliver! Thanks for the videos....I will come back to these often as I work on my rollers...you might consider posting these in the Video Throwdown thread as well! Top Notch stuff...thanks Tom!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick