SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 07, 2011, 07:30 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,147 Posts
I have seen entirely too many i-chargers die an early death or have constant unexplained errors so no thanks. Support for the i-chargers seems good but I would rather not have to deal with support if I can help it. PL8 for me
ambientech is offline Find More Posts by ambientech
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2011, 07:54 PM
Account Closed
United States, OH, Groveport
Joined Feb 2009
2,014 Posts
I think the key is to get one in the US with US support. epbuddy.com carries them, and although I don't have one, I would bet from my experience with Dale at epbuddy in the past that support for the icharger would not be an issue. Maybe someone else can comment specifically if they have had a problem with one purchased from him and how he handled it.

EDIT: sorry ambientech I misread your post, but I will leave my comment as another shameless plug for epbuddy anyway. He is a good guy with great support and products.
rod.d is offline Find More Posts by rod.d
Old Sep 07, 2011, 09:21 PM
Florida
Joined Jan 2010
497 Posts
Not the highest output charger but I love my Hi-Tec X4 charger. It's 4 50W chargers in one and you can charge every type of battery commonly available. Even though you can't charge at 10A you can still charge 4 4S in the time it takes for the higher output chargers, but you're charging at a lower Amp rate and I'm a fan of being as easy as possible on my batteries.
94'325is is offline Find More Posts by 94'325is
Old Sep 07, 2011, 09:23 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94'325is View Post
Not the highest output charger but I love my Hi-Tec X4 charger. It's 4 50W chargers in one and you can charge every type of battery commonly available. Even though you can't charge at 10A you can still charge 4 4S in the time it takes for the higher output chargers, but you're charging at a lower Amp rate and I'm a fan of being as easy as possible on my batteries.
um...well...your not being any easier on your packs. if you are charging 4x 4s4000 packs on a high output charger at 16 amps, that is the same as charging all of them individually at 4 amps. the different is you only have to set it once, and you dont have to sit and watch and wait to swap out packs on the charger (which you dont have to do anyways with the 4 port , but you can do up to 6 packs at once with most parallel cable sets)
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Sep 07, 2011, 11:09 PM
Tampa , FL
Joined Sep 2003
156 Posts
Anyone need slick parts?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1501893

Thanks
Luis
relax1 is offline Find More Posts by relax1
Old Sep 07, 2011, 11:21 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
A 50watt charger wont charge a 4s battery at 4 amps so not even one C . My powerlab will charge 12 4s 4K lipos in 30 minutes or the 4s 5300s in 45 minutes
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Sep 07, 2011, 11:31 PM
ADC Vinyl
SoCal-Rancho Santa Marg.
Joined Mar 2007
5,229 Posts
the Hitec X2 Ultima is a prime unit - 200 watts per channel - like it much without getting too complex
Fliprob17 is offline Find More Posts by Fliprob17
Old Sep 07, 2011, 11:36 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
Thats a nice charger!
Old Sep 08, 2011, 12:47 AM
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2008
3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliprob17 View Post
the Hitec X2 Ultima is a prime unit - 200 watts per channel - like it much without getting too complex
I have the Icharger version of this and it has worked fine for about a year. Given its an Icharger though im sure it will crap out. Got it on the cheap and when it does im totally going with a PL8
twistedgrim is offline Find More Posts by twistedgrim
Old Sep 08, 2011, 04:29 AM View Post
wlnlz2005
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. Show it to me anyway.
Old Sep 08, 2011, 09:16 AM
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2008
3,329 Posts

ohhh purty

I would go 8s

dont you love people selling stuffs in your threadzzzzz
twistedgrim is offline Find More Posts by twistedgrim
Old Sep 08, 2011, 09:18 AM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
870 Posts
Im getting my DLE 30 replaced under warranty,a crank bearing failed & put metal in the cylinder.It wore it so bad the piston was slapping in the cylinder,sounded terrible.The guy I got it from was really cool & decided to take care of me instead of rebuilding the old one due to the amount of damage done.I gotta wait 3 weeks for a new shipment which sucks but I think all in all it will be worth the wait.Now another boring break in period,I hate flying like a normal pilot but as much as I fly 4 gallons should go by pretty fast.I heard the new 30's have the German FAG bearings which are way better than the cheap DLE crap that they used to put in,I hope the new shipment has the new bearings.I guess I'll be looking for serial numbers of the new batch to see if I got one.
evalith8 is offline Find More Posts by evalith8
Old Sep 08, 2011, 09:24 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
Fag bearings??hehehe pass tha jar!!
4 gallons to break in the 30?
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Sep 08, 2011, 10:12 AM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Fag bearings??hehehe pass tha jar!!
4 gallons to break in the 30?
Oh yessssssssssss,fag bearingsI know it sounds pretty gay but that's what they are called,I guess its a German thing,they call cigarettes fags in England.
As far as the 4 gallons,Ive been around engines since I was 16 & a good proper break in & ring seating leads to a long engine life so 4 gallons will ensure that.I also use mineral oil for better seating before switching to synthetic,thats a nother reason to break it in longer,less heat while the ring seats.I've seen people not do this & only have cgood compression for about 150 flights then it's time for a new ring & head.
evalith8 is offline Find More Posts by evalith8
Old Sep 08, 2011, 11:20 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
Makes me feel goo that I have around 500+ flights on my 4325 motrolfly and its still doesnt need new rings or head. I must have done a good job breaking it in