Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:30 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evalith8 View Post
I posted about the fogs complaining about hovering on fg a while back & got attacked.I guess that fg has more fog members than rcg.
Flying Giants is not as friendly as RCG, and especially the 3DHS forums!!

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:47 PM
You're good!
United States, VA, White Stone
Joined Jun 2005
6,894 Posts
Interesting bunch over on FG, that's for sure.
Safety Hawk is offline Find More Posts by Safety Hawk
Old Jul 28, 2011, 08:40 PM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
Flying Giants is not as friendly as RCG, and especially the 3DHS forums!!

SteveT

The 3DHS forum seems to be just as nice as here on RCG.
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Jul 28, 2011, 08:44 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakevan View Post
The 3DHS forum seems to be just as nice as here on RCG.
Well....having spent a few unpleasant hours on FG, I just normally avoid FG... If I go any place other than here, I go yo RC Universe, but haven't been there in quite a while. What can I say, I just feel more comfortable here..

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jul 28, 2011, 08:54 PM
Long Duck Dong
Yuma, Arzmexico
Joined Aug 2010
51 Posts
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311904148.811158.jpg
Views: 62
Size: 17.5 KB
Description:

I ordered me up one of these Truturn spinners. $88! Far from the $10 plastic EF one I'm running now! And they don't have any anodized ones for six months, or until they find a new anodizer. Hopefully it will help cool my motor down in the hot Yuma weather. Polished, it should look cool on the Orange slick.

FG was once a cool place. Max Duncan split from The Circus on NewYears '06, and it was a fun place. Everyone joked around, no one got mad if you cursed, and it was fun to run into everyone at events. Now you get yelled at for being "edgy". Sad now everyones gone and Max sold it. I'm 39 and fly mostly with old guys, but they are some laid back guys who stopped flying at our club for the same reasons. I sold my 59" Slick to my 60yr old buddy who's learning to hover. It's fun to watch! FOG is a state of mind!
Choppedlow is offline Find More Posts by Choppedlow
Old Jul 28, 2011, 09:04 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,398 Posts
Cool spinner
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Jul 28, 2011, 09:11 PM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,858 Posts
spinner link?? please
aerosheldon is online now Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Jul 28, 2011, 09:59 PM
Indianapolis
Joined Aug 2004
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Feen View Post
Anyone using a J-Tec DL-30 Pitts Muffler on there 71" Slick-Gas? Getting ready to place my order for my DLE-30 and not sure if I should run the stock muffler or go with the J-Tec Pitts Muffler. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
You can see my comments earlier in the thread on this subject. The short version is I went with the canister and had some issues. The most major one being balance and weight. I went with the rudder servo in the tail, and everything moved as far back as possible and required 2 oz of lead to get the CG correct.

I do not care for the sound the stock muffler makes on the DLE 30. It sounds like a really loud annoying chainsaw. Running one for me was simply not an option. If I had to choose between the canister or J-Tec I would pick the J-Tec. If your flying site has rules about noise the canister would be the better option.

Another consideration to make is how much you want to modify the cowl. The canister requires almost no cutting. I cut a hole for the ignition and widened the stock hole to fit the engine head. The Stock muffler will require a lot of cutting and measurement to make look nice. The Jtec is in between.

The wing bags for my slick are starting to fall apart. Can anyone recommend a set of padded nylon wing bags that will fit the slick wings?
Ping is offline Find More Posts by Ping
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:49 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
Well....having spent a few unpleasant hours on FG, I just normally avoid FG... If I go any place other than here, I go yo RC Universe, but haven't been there in quite a while. What can I say, I just feel more comfortable here..

SteveT
True. I read some on FG before I joined up with RCg, and well... Let's just say I liked the community here just a lil bit more
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:27 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppedlow View Post
Attachment 4176604

I ordered me up one of these Truturn spinners. $88! Far from the $10 plastic EF one I'm running now! And they don't have any anodized ones for six months, or until they find a new anodizer. Hopefully it will help cool my motor down in the hot Yuma weather. Polished, it should look cool on the Orange slick.

FG was once a cool place. Max Duncan split from The Circus on NewYears '06, and it was a fun place. Everyone joked around, no one got mad if you cursed, and it was fun to run into everyone at events. Now you get yelled at for being "edgy". Sad now everyones gone and Max sold it. I'm 39 and fly mostly with old guys, but they are some laid back guys who stopped flying at our club for the same reasons. I sold my 59" Slick to my 60yr old buddy who's learning to hover. It's fun to watch! FOG is a state of mind!
sweet, where from? got a link?
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:45 PM
Long Duck Dong
Yuma, Arzmexico
Joined Aug 2010
51 Posts
http://www.truturn.com/cgi-bin/store...exact_match=on

I think that's it. The web info is wrong and you have to call them. She said they were just being cut, and mines coming with the stuff to run it on the Hacker A-50. If it cools my motor and my ESC doesn't catch on fire (120HV) it will have been worth it. I'll polish it up and make it look good next to the orange. I dig the backplate with the "fan" built in. Great idea. These little motors hate being hot!

Speaking of hot, my buddy told me about this gizmo some heli guys were using to cool down their setups between flights. He said it looked like a funnel with a little fan out of a computer, and it had a place to set an ice cube? He said they would set it next to their motor and it would blow cold air over the ESC and through the motor? Anyone hear of these? If so, were can I get one?
Choppedlow is offline Find More Posts by Choppedlow
Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:01 AM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
861 Posts
The wing bags for my slick are starting to fall apart. Can anyone recommend a set of padded nylon wing bags that will fit the slick wings?

Aeroworks 90-120 Yak 54,fits like a glove,plenty of padding
evalith8 is offline Find More Posts by evalith8
Old Jul 29, 2011, 08:18 AM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
You can see my comments earlier in the thread on this subject. The short version is I went with the canister and had some issues. The most major one being balance and weight. I went with the rudder servo in the tail, and everything moved as far back as possible and required 2 oz of lead to get the CG correct.

I do not care for the sound the stock muffler makes on the DLE 30. It sounds like a really loud annoying chainsaw. Running one for me was simply not an option. If I had to choose between the canister or J-Tec I would pick the J-Tec. If your flying site has rules about noise the canister would be the better option.

Another consideration to make is how much you want to modify the cowl. The canister requires almost no cutting. I cut a hole for the ignition and widened the stock hole to fit the engine head. The Stock muffler will require a lot of cutting and measurement to make look nice. The Jtec is in between.

Thanks Ping.....I remember you mensioning about this. I'm going to go with the J-Tec Pitts muffler. Few other questions I have are, First...for the throttle servo does it need to be a metal gear servo or is that just a preference? Second...what do I need to use prevent a "run away plane". Something as a safety back-up if the throttle servo fails or I loose radio contact. Thanks!
RC_Feen is offline Find More Posts by RC_Feen
Old Jul 29, 2011, 09:15 AM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evalith8 View Post

Aeroworks 90-120 Yak 54,fits like a glove,plenty of padding
I don't have them yet but when my stock ones go I'm getting ADC ones from Rob!
aerosheldon is online now Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Jul 29, 2011, 09:59 AM
United States, LA, Calhoun
Joined Feb 2007
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post

I use these for my 71 slick and 72 extra and have not had any problems with them.

http://www.hobby-pak.com/indexmain.htm
Stratos268 is offline Find More Posts by Stratos268