HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2011, 09:07 AM
You're good!
United States, VA, White Stone
Joined Jun 2005
6,895 Posts
Castle Link runs fine with bootcamp. I haven't tried it with Parallels, but it would probably work with that to. I use it on Win 7 Pro 64bit on bootcamp.......also run my Real Flight 5.5 on there too no problems.
Safety Hawk is offline Find More Posts by Safety Hawk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2011, 09:32 AM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety Hawk View Post
Castle Link runs fine with bootcamp. I haven't tried it with Parallels, but it would probably work with that to. I use it on Win 7 Pro 64bit on bootcamp.......also run my Real Flight 5.5 on there too no problems.
Castle Creations software works great under Parrells as does Real Flight
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:19 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirfnat View Post
I have Macs too. I have a dual boot (bootcamp) with Windows 7. I usually run OSX, but when I need Windows for stuff like this I can reboot into windows and start the Castle software and the Hitech programming software too. It works great and easy to setup.

I've also setup VMWare which is a virtual PC software. I have a VM running Windows. I haven't tried the Castle software with it yet but it should work. The advantage of this software is that you don't have to reboot your machine to go into windows and you have access to both OSX and Windows at the same time. It's fairly easy to setup too - probably not any more difficult than setting up the bootcamp.

I hope this helps

Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by horton View Post
+1!
Quote:
thats really good news as Ive been seriously considering getting a macbook pro or one of the new air units just for something different.I have had windows units (dell) for years.Just looking for change to see if I like apple.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:22 AM
You're good!
Joined Jun 2005
6,895 Posts
Not to turn this into a Mac thread...but real quick......they just did refresh on the Macbook Airs.....very nice! If you don't need an optical drive, I'd go for that.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:32 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
HEH I just noticed this was the 71 slick thread and not the addicts thread lollol.
I've not owned mac yet but not fanboy of windows units either.just like em all.
maybe move discussion to addicts thread?its a good un as long as noone gets mad over which unit to use lolol. i read theres an app that allows the air to use the cd drive of another puter wireless.that would be cool plus they also sell usb drives to use for when you need one.I dont use them much.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:14 AM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
870 Posts
Quote:
Hey Perry. I fly up in Gloucester if you ever want to get together. I like meet other 3DHS addicts....and we aren't that far apart.
You should come to our field this weekend,If the Slick shows up I will maiden it on Saturday,if not I plan on abusing my Sbach,either way I'll be there.PM me for directions or whatever.Really easy to get there actually.Cross the Coleman,turn right on Fort Eustis Blvd & left on Richneck,first left turn after the RR tracks.400x40 ft blacktop runway.
evalith8 is offline Find More Posts by evalith8
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:19 AM
You're good!
Joined Jun 2005
6,895 Posts
Yep......I'm familiar with that field. Been there a couple of times for Electrics over Tidewater. I'll to see what I have going on this weekend. I'll let you know.

Jay
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:26 AM
Long Duck Dong
Yuma, Arzmexico
Joined Aug 2010
51 Posts
....waiting for the "Macs suck" comments that always happen. It's worse than DA and DLE people clashing (we all know DA rules!).

Took the 71" out again this morning, and I'm loving this Mejzlik prop more and more! Pop ups are fast and I'm getting two spins. Has anyone tried the Mej 20X11 wide, on 8s? My motor is hot with the 20X8, but I can leave my fingers on it without getting burnt. The 120HV isn't even warm, and the packs are just a bit warmer than air temp. I figure I can squeeze a bit more out of the setup without catching it on fire! Also, is everyone running the same Extreme Flight spinner? Is there any CF spinners out there that would work?
Choppedlow is offline Find More Posts by Choppedlow
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:31 AM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,902 Posts
Have you seen the HV120 recall??
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:58 AM
Yury
Россия, город Москва, город Москва
Joined Nov 2010
96 Posts
Crashed my Slick on last weekend. Was doing a rolling harrier at a height of 10 meters and catch a sun in my eyes. I thought that Slick was inverted and gave left aileron then found it falling on the ground. I turned off the throttle the result you could see on the foto. Slick is very strong plane, I needed only four evenings to repair it and replace the broken parts.

Re-maiden my 71" Slick this weekend and was happy to feel no difference)
uraplayer is offline Find More Posts by uraplayer
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:00 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppedlow View Post
....waiting for the "Macs suck" comments that always happen. It's worse than DA and DLE people clashing (we all know DA rules!).

Took the 71" out again this morning, and I'm loving this Mejzlik prop more and more! Pop ups are fast and I'm getting two spins. Has anyone tried the Mej 20X11 wide, on 8s? My motor is hot with the 20X8, but I can leave my fingers on it without getting burnt. The 120HV isn't even warm, and the packs are just a bit warmer than air temp. I figure I can squeeze a bit more out of the setup without catching it on fire! Also, is everyone running the same Extreme Flight spinner? Is there any CF spinners out there that would work?
what motor are you using?Also have you checked your amps on the 20x8?Id be careful with the 20x11 but just check amps and temps after maybe a 3 minute flight,then after regular flight.thats a hell of a prop heheheh.mejlic CF props are nice.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 03:02 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosheldon View Post
Have you seen the HV120 recall??
Yup...mine went in about two hours after getting the advisory notice!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jul 26, 2011, 03:41 PM
You're good!
Joined Jun 2005
6,895 Posts
Why'd you edit your post Steve?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 04:04 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,678 Posts
Quote:
Why'd you edit your post Steve?
Oh.... I made a "snarky" comment about Mac computers and their users (just kidding of course), but just decided, that I stir enough stuff up in here unintentionally, without stirring more up intentionally... And the Mac/PC "battle" can go on and on.....so..."discretion being the better part of valor" and all that.....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jul 26, 2011, 04:14 PM
You're good!
Joined Jun 2005
6,895 Posts
Haha.....yeah, I was just messing with ya. I saw it in my email.