HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2011, 09:20 PM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
692 Posts
Receiver for 71" Slick Gas

I'm about to order a 71" Slick Gas running a DLE-30 and had a question about the receiver to use. I have a new Spektrum 6210. Would this work okay? I'm also using a DX7 Tx. Thanks!
RC_Feen is offline Find More Posts by RC_Feen
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2011, 07:14 AM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jan 2007
6,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Feen View Post
I'm about to order a 71" Slick Gas running a DLE-30 and had a question about the receiver to use. I have a new Spektrum 6210. Would this work okay? I'm also using a DX7 Tx. Thanks!
I like the ar9100 because you have 2 battery inputs and can run dual switches....you also have another sat antenna. I would run an AR7000 at the least.
GoldCraft is offline Find More Posts by GoldCraft
Old Jul 16, 2011, 07:36 AM
nsg
Yardley, PA
Joined Sep 2006
4,153 Posts
So I started taking my new Slick out of the box.. and the wing tube isn't there.

Anyone know whether the 68" Velox tube will fit? I know the diameter is the same, not sure about length.
Anyone has a leftover wing tube they are willing to sell? I'm pretty sure Esprit Model will make it right, but they may or may not have the spare tubes in stock. Ben doesn't seem to have them in stock.
nsg is offline Find More Posts by nsg
Old Jul 16, 2011, 07:37 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Feen View Post
Agree with goldcraft,if yOu have to run spectrum stuff,7000or above in that plane.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jul 16, 2011, 07:53 AM
3DHobbyShop.com
S. Lancaster County, PA
Joined Jun 2006
2,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsg View Post
So I started taking my new Slick out of the box.. and the wing tube isn't there.

Anyone know whether the 68" Velox tube will fit? I know the diameter is the same, not sure about length.
Anyone has a leftover wing tube they are willing to sell? I'm pretty sure Esprit Model will make it right, but they may or may not have the spare tubes in stock. Ben doesn't seem to have them in stock.
It looks like the 71" wing tube is the same diameter, but a 1/2" longer then the Velox. I'm sure it will work fine. I do have a Velox wing tube I could send you.
horton is offline Find More Posts by horton
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 16, 2011, 08:06 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,648 Posts
you did check the wing bags, right nsg?
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Jul 16, 2011, 08:10 AM
Joined Apr 2011
81 Posts
Quote:

My wing tube was put in my wing bag....I thought mine was missing also.I hope yours is there .
darinsvasserett is offline Find More Posts by darinsvasserett
Old Jul 16, 2011, 08:58 AM
nsg
Yardley, PA
Joined Sep 2006
4,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by horton View Post
It looks like the 71" wing tube is the same diameter, but a 1/2" longer then the Velox. I'm sure it will work fine. I do have a Velox wing tube I could send you.
Noll - if you don't need that tube, I'd appreciate it.. Let me know how much I owe you.

Irg et. al. - checked everything including the trash can
Old Jul 16, 2011, 09:13 AM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,163 Posts
It is officially an airplane. I am going to love this plane. I did not get a finished weight with the Gens Ace 5300's but it does not fly heavy in any way, in fact it floats a lot on landing. I flew 8 minutes and had 40%capacity left. Ton's of power with the Motrolfly 4325-310 combo.

Slow speed flight is like my foamy but way more stable. I thought I had the CG on the LE of the wing tube but it felt more aft to me and it actually was slightly aft of the LE. I am new to 3D but found this pretty easy to hover. It snaps nice and I like to do tumbles and it did not disappoint. Power off high speed tumble completed an easy 3 tumble rotation and recovery was very easy.

Thanks to all who helped me get going with this. Special thanks to Losi and rcbirk who both answered many PM's, and Josh "BoneDoc" who spent a lot of time talking with me at the Grapevine fly-in.

Woo Hoo!
Ohio AV8TOR is online now Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Jul 16, 2011, 09:26 AM
Livermore, CA
Joined Jan 2007
919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith285 View Post
Here is my recommendation.

http://grandrc.com/Batteries/Charger...duct_info.html

I have over a 100 cycles on mine and they are still going as strong as they did on day 1. I love them and will continue to buy more. They also hold their voltage really well which is a big plus for us who like to go full throttle a lot
ok, bought some 6S5100 voltz. With xoar 19x10 installed, checking CG, batts are against the wing tube still nose heavy with string around wing tube.

where are your batts?

Did you add tail weight?

I'm using pull pull so rudder servo is forward.

thanks,
tim
twilkers is offline Find More Posts by twilkers
Old Jul 16, 2011, 09:34 AM
Joined Jan 2007
6,761 Posts
Quote:

Call , email or pm Ben...he'll find one
Old Jul 16, 2011, 09:38 AM
nsg
Yardley, PA
Joined Sep 2006
4,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCraft View Post
Call , email or pm Ben...he'll find one
Yeah, Ben is generally good about this. They are closed for a couple weeks, unfortunately.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 09:56 AM
USA, VA, Narrows
Joined Mar 2009
1,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
It is officially an airplane. I am going to love this plane. I did not get a finished weight with the Gens Ace 5300's but it does not fly heavy in any way, in fact it floats a lot on landing. I flew 8 minutes and had 40%capacity left. Ton's of power with the Motrolfly 4325-310 combo.

Slow speed flight is like my foamy but way more stable. I thought I had the CG on the LE of the wing tube but it felt more aft to me and it actually was slightly aft of the LE. I am new to 3D but found this pretty easy to hover. It snaps nice and I like to do tumbles and it did not disappoint. Power off high speed tumble completed an easy 3 tumble rotation and recovery was very easy.

Thanks to all who helped me get going with this. Special thanks to Losi and rcbirk who both answered many PM's, and Josh "BoneDoc" who spent a lot of time talking with me at the Grapevine fly-in.

Woo Hoo!
Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new slick!
skippy78 is online now Find More Posts by skippy78
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:02 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,433 Posts
Congrats Ray on the successfully maiden! Glad to hear you like it!!!!
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Jul 16, 2011, 01:04 PM
Joined Jan 2007
6,761 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, Ben is generally good about this. They are closed for a couple weeks, unfortunately.
Ahhhh...didnt know that....carry on.