SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 08, 2009, 11:47 AM
Registered User
WI
Joined Mar 2001
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc
zoar is Southern Spelling Xoar is the rest of the world
That even occurred to me, didn't want to come off like a smart ars, even though I specialize at it. It's often hard conveying personality on the internet to people you've never met in person. Sarcasm just never flows off the keyboard just right.

Kevin
Tipover is offline Find More Posts by Tipover
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2009, 11:58 AM
Registered User
Zero3803's Avatar
Kennesaw, Georgia
Joined Jul 2007
1,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala
nope.

They have a red and a black. Any connector will plug into any other connector.

David,

Your not the only one to do this. Many people have done the same thing or even worse, plug the 6S pack directly into the receiver. I used the little futaba style connector for my rx battery/regulator for that reason.
I'm normally so careful, but I made the mistake of messing with the stuff when i was tired. I was just holding the rx pack in my hand as well as the watt meter. Won't be doing that again....
Zero3803 is offline Find More Posts by Zero3803
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2009, 12:02 PM
Registered User
ronrandle's Avatar
Huntersville, NC
Joined Jul 2002
1,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero3803
...I made the mistake of messing with the stuff when i was tired.
Dang, I'm always tired, I need to be more careful.

Ron
ronrandle is offline Find More Posts by ronrandle
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2009, 12:10 PM
Registered User
Zero3803's Avatar
Kennesaw, Georgia
Joined Jul 2007
1,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronrandle
Dang, I'm always tired, I need to be more careful.

Ron
Yeah I usually work when I'm tired, but not as bad as I was this morning.

It seems the 2s took the brunt of the impact. That thing smells like a burnt gym sock. I have it outside in a ceramic container. The 6s on the other hand doesn't smell odd at all. If I recall correctly, plugging two batteries together (pos-pos, and neg-neg) will attempt to equalize the voltage between the two. Trying to jump the 2 cell up to 16.5 + Volts may be why she's stinkin.

Essentially like trying to run a 2 cell and a 6 cell in parallel.

I could be wrong about that. Can't remember exactly.
Zero3803 is offline Find More Posts by Zero3803
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2009, 12:13 PM
Registered User
WI
Joined Mar 2001
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero3803
Yeah I usually work when I'm tired, but not as bad as I was this morning.

It seems the 2s took the brunt of the impact. That thing smells like a burnt gym sock. I have it outside in a ceramic container. The 6s on the other hand doesn't smell odd at all. If I recall correctly, plugging two batteries together (pos-pos, and neg-neg) will attempt to equalize the voltage between the two. Trying to jump the 2 cell up to 16.5 + Volts may be why she's stinkin.

I could be wrong about that. Can't remember exactly.
Yep, you got that correct. I'm sure your motor pack is fine. Probably was less load than the motor will be to it

Kevin
Tipover is offline Find More Posts by Tipover
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2009, 12:18 PM
Registered User
WI
Joined Mar 2001
808 Posts
Good thing you thought fast and pulled them puppies apart. That little pack could have turned into a flame real fast, wouldn't have stood a chance to the 6s 5000ma trying to fast charge the @#%& out of it

Kevin
Tipover is offline Find More Posts by Tipover
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2009, 12:39 PM
Registered User
Zero3803's Avatar
Kennesaw, Georgia
Joined Jul 2007
1,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipover
Good thing you thought fast and pulled them puppies apart. That little pack could have turned into a flame real fast, wouldn't have stood a chance to the 6s 5000ma trying to fast charge the @#%& out of it

Kevin
Yeah my hands never let go of the connector. It all went down in probably under a second. As soon as flames blew out on my hand, I pulled them, ran to the door, unlocked it, and gave the 2s the boot.
Zero3803 is offline Find More Posts by Zero3803
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2009, 01:18 PM
WAR EAGLE
callen's Avatar
Parrish Fl
Joined Apr 2004
1,856 Posts
Here's the Axi 4130/16 stats after the batteries have broken in a little. Much, much better and all runs extremely cool. Nothing gets over 100 degrees even in Fl. Turnigy 6s 5000
callen is offline Find More Posts by callen
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2009, 01:28 PM
Ta-dah!
blakevan's Avatar
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero3803
Yeah my hands never let go of the connector. It all went down in probably under a second. As soon as flames blew out on my hand, I pulled them, ran to the door, unlocked it, and gave the 2s the boot.
Did you yell GRENADE as you tossed it out the door? That is the old army training coming out in me.
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2009, 01:47 PM
Registered User
WI
Joined Mar 2001
808 Posts
double post
Tipover is offline Find More Posts by Tipover
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2009, 01:49 PM
Registered User
WI
Joined Mar 2001
808 Posts
My luck would of been my wife is standing outside the door or worse.

Kevin
Tipover is offline Find More Posts by Tipover
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2009, 01:58 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipover
That even occurred to me, didn't want to come off like a smart ars, even though I specialize at it.
Kevin
i just dont see that in you
ive noticed in the short time ive been in this hobby,there is no shortage of smart arses in it.Which is prolly why i kinda fit right in.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2009, 02:09 PM
Registered User
WI
Joined Mar 2001
808 Posts
Around here we're all sort of full of it. Factor in a bad day and stand back

Kevin
Tipover is offline Find More Posts by Tipover
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2009, 02:22 PM
Captain Norway's Avatar
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Oct 2007
2,221 Posts
I once plugged my 6s pack into the reciever on my 85" Yak... The magic smoke escaped from the RX, and it gave a very bright flash on the LED.

I had both the 6s and the A123 on Deans, so it was easy enough to get is wrong. After this, I moved the wiring so that the RX connector could not reach the 6s pack. You live and you learn...
Captain Norway is offline Find More Posts by Captain Norway
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2009, 02:23 PM
Captain Norway's Avatar
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Oct 2007
2,221 Posts
Fitted a CC BEC Pro today instead of using the BEC in the ICE100. Hoping for weather tomorrow to test it out...
Captain Norway is offline Find More Posts by Captain Norway
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll 3D hobby shop 51" slick or 55" SHP? appleflyer 3D Flying 24 Mar 24, 2009 06:29 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop's AJ Slick Clark Warfel Electric Plane Talk 3 May 08, 2008 07:31 AM