Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 05, 2009, 12:57 PM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronrandle
Xoar 18x8 with 8mm hole, anyone know where to get 'em?

Thx

Ron

Try this place -- http://www.gravesrc.com/category_s/516.htm Jus

Just got some in
goflyhighrc is online now Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2009, 12:58 PM
Huntersville, NC
Joined Jul 2002
1,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfv61
Looks like Esprit has some, similar sized props I've got from them had 6mm hole, easily reamed to 8mm:

http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=6388
Thanks JV, I'll check it out. I have no problem reaming the props, just don't want to deal with a 10mm hole. Literally and figuratively
ronrandle is offline Find More Posts by ronrandle
Old Oct 05, 2009, 01:15 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Oct 2007
2,221 Posts
FYI:

I think I found the limit to how much you can load the ICE100A BEC.

I use 4 x Futaba BLS451, and everything tested fine on the ground. I did however have problems in the air.

I got a momentary loss of controll when I did a full throttle roll. I landed and reduced the BEC from 6V to 5V. On the next flight, full throttle roll was ok, but I lost controll during a full throttle snap.

To confirm that it was infact the voltage to the RC that was the problem, I programmed battery failsafe on the throttle channel for the next flight and confirmed that I lost throttle and had to reset by going off an on after a loss of controll.

So, I have not given up just yet. I am currently using an extention between the ESC and RX. I plan to move the RX and remove the extention.

Luckely I have Futaba, and the loss of controll is only a split second. As far as I know, the spectrum takes quite some time to boot, and would cause more of a problem.

If this does not fix the issue, I will go with the CC Pro BEC.
Captain Norway is offline Find More Posts by Captain Norway
Old Oct 05, 2009, 01:38 PM
R.I.P. my 70" FB Slick
Moody, AL
Joined Jan 2006
1,655 Posts
Captain, are those digitals?
Wildman777 is offline Find More Posts by Wildman777
Old Oct 05, 2009, 01:43 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Oct 2007
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman777
Captain, are those digitals?
Brushless digitals. Power hogs for sure...

Basically, they are as powerfull as the 7985s, but faster, so they draw more current.
Captain Norway is offline Find More Posts by Captain Norway
Old Oct 05, 2009, 01:47 PM
WI
Joined Mar 2001
808 Posts
Aileron differential

I'm curious how much aileron differential others are using, if any?

I'm currently using 10% on the DX7.

I'm finding the Slick wobbles a bit with consecutive rolls. Even notice it coming down in blenders. I can't seem to quite null it out with differential. Maybe its the huge rudder effect. Not a major deal, but its noticable.

Anyone else noticing it?

Kevin
Tipover is offline Find More Posts by Tipover
Old Oct 05, 2009, 01:50 PM
Huntersville, NC
Joined Jul 2002
1,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Norway
Basically, they are as powerfull as the 7985s, but faster, so they draw more current.
I'm only using 985's and they're lightning quick, I can't imagine using faster servos, my brain can't keep up

FWIW, with 4 985's and an 8s system, my Dimensions engineering Sport BEC seems to be doing fine with the load and comes down cool to the touch. I'm also running it at 6v.

Ron
Old Oct 05, 2009, 01:50 PM
R.I.P. my 70" FB Slick
Moody, AL
Joined Jan 2006
1,655 Posts
Guys, we had a full scale airshow at my local R/C flying field this past Saturday. About five of the other R/C guys and myself flew demo flights for an hour and a half before the show and during the intermission. It was a blast and a real thrill flying in front of approximately 4,000 spectators. I flew the 70" Slick and 55" Edge along with a couple of my other planes and had a lot of questions and comments about how well they flew. I don't have any pics yet but there were plenty of people taking them so I'm sure I'll have some to post in the next few days. I just had to share. That's the biggest number of people I've ever flown in front of by far !

Dustin
Old Oct 05, 2009, 01:52 PM
R.I.P. my 70" FB Slick
Moody, AL
Joined Jan 2006
1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Norway
Brushless digitals. Power hogs for sure...

That makes me feel better. I'm running four HS-985MG's off of the built in BEC on the ICE 100 and haven't had any problems yet.

Dustin
Old Oct 05, 2009, 01:53 PM
R.I.P. my 70" FB Slick
Moody, AL
Joined Jan 2006
1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipover
I'm curious how much aileron differential others are using, if any?

I'm currently using 10% on the DX7.

I'm finding the Slick wobbles a bit with consecutive rolls. Even notice it coming down in blenders. I can't seem to quite null it out with differential. Maybe its the huge rudder effect. Not a major deal, but its noticable.

Anyone else noticing it?

Kevin
I've noticed the same thing with mine. I haven't actually measured them, but just by sight the ailerons are getting exactly the same deflection up and down. I haven't tried to adjust it out yet though.
Old Oct 05, 2009, 01:54 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,153 Posts
i have mine set at 5.5volts.589 hitecs as well
how many poles is the gr60xl?anyone know that will tell me? i need to tell castlelink program for the logging deal
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Oct 05, 2009, 02:08 PM
Kennesaw, Georgia
Joined Jul 2007
1,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1
i have mine set at 5.5volts.589 hitecs as well
how many poles is the gr60xl?anyone know that will tell me? i need to tell castlelink program for the logging deal
I'm sure scott could tell you. I have no clue.
Zero3803 is offline Find More Posts by Zero3803
Old Oct 05, 2009, 02:13 PM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronrandle
I'm only using 985's and they're lightning quick, I can't imagine using faster servos, my brain can't keep up

FWIW, with 4 985's and an 8s system, my Dimensions engineering Sport BEC seems to be doing fine with the load and comes down cool to the touch. I'm also running it at 6v.

Ron
How many amps will that Sport BEC put out?
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Oct 05, 2009, 02:20 PM
Kennesaw, Georgia
Joined Jul 2007
1,752 Posts
Talk about irony...I just drove an hour to pick up a tp 2s 1350 to run as an rx pack. I get it home and the lil' pack is reading 0 volts...
Zero3803 is offline Find More Posts by Zero3803
Old Oct 05, 2009, 02:25 PM
Huntersville, NC
Joined Jul 2002
1,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakevan
How many amps will that Sport BEC put out?
Blake, the website says: "

Because it is an efficient switching regulator, SportBEC can supply its full rated current of 3.5A all the way up to 8s."

That sounds low, but my previous 25% SU-26 ran three digitals and two analog servos on the same set up so I wasn't too worried about it. I suppose the CC BEC pro is an option if you want more headroom, but I haven't experienced any issues with my current set up. YMMV

I wonder if anyone knows how much these servos pull in real life flying? Sport flying versus a hard maneuver such as a blender? Does the EagleTree logger do that?

Ron

http://www.dimensionengineering.com/SportBEC.htm

Input voltage: 9V to 33.6v (3s-8s lithium, up to 21 NiMHs)
Output current: 3.5A (~8 standard servos, 4-6 digital)
Weight: 13g/.46oz (including wires)