SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 09, 2011, 02:04 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P. View Post
I'm pull-pull with 8s 3700. Lots of room to move the packs either way when hands off inverted.
+1, I also have 2 of these...best tie downs ever for a large plane with plenty of work space. Mine are the 1"x12"

http://www.riptie.com/Pages/cs.html
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2011, 03:41 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
Quick question for you guys. Are any of you haveing the wing tube sleeve in the airframe brakeing away from the outer part of the fuse? My wings fit tight against the fuse and everything. I reglued it again this morning(4th time) and took it up for a flight after the CA dried. Well the wood is cracked again and the wing tube sleeve is loose from the outer balsa and ply (still glued to the hole where it goes threw the battery tray)??? I guess I am going to dig out the CA again and put some 30 min epoxy in it. I have never hit this wings either???? I hope epoxy fixes my issue.

Am I just being to hard on the plane?
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2011, 03:55 PM
The RED filters through
RedTalon's Avatar
Rendon, TX
Joined Feb 2007
1,959 Posts
In-Air Durability Testing?



I think that is a notch in your belt!
RedTalon is offline Find More Posts by RedTalon
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2011, 03:56 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTalon View Post
In-Air Durability Testing?



I think that is a notch in your belt!
LOL I know right.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2011, 04:05 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
meh epoxy or pour ya some gorilla glue down in there.spray lil aqua on top of it and let it cure.should hold it..
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2011, 04:06 PM
Advocating for RC Aviation
USA, NJ, Phillipsburg
Joined Jul 2010
1,390 Posts
My 70" was durable for sure. Survived many bad landings since last summer with only minor repairs. Not bad for a first quarter-scale but then again I try to stay a mistake high! As for in-air durability testing, we failed the "wrong tx" test yesterday and sent a perfectly good 70" to it's grave in the cornfield shortly after take-off. Flaming lipo fanfare honored the occasion and most electronics may have been saved. Not sure about the 16s or Ice 100 and those may need inspection. Anyway, I've already ordered the 71" replacement and will go 8S this time around. Good Flying (lol)! Dana
danamania is offline Find More Posts by danamania
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2011, 04:35 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
meh epoxy or pour ya some gorilla glue down in there.spray lil aqua on top of it and let it cure.should hold it..
Just put 30min epoxy on one side (the other didnt come loose today) will fix that when it brakes free gaain. I hope the 30 min will hold it this time as medium CA isnt doing the trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danamania View Post
My 70" was durable for sure. Survived many bad landings since last summer with only minor repairs. Not bad for a first quarter-scale but then again I try to stay a mistake high! As for in-air durability testing, we failed the "wrong tx" test yesterday and sent a perfectly good 70" to it's grave in the cornfield shortly after take-off. Flaming lipo fanfare honored the occasion and most electronics may have been saved. Not sure about the 16s or Ice 100 and those may need inspection. Anyway, I've already ordered the 71" replacement and will go 8S this time around. Good Flying (lol)! Dana
OUCH sorry to hear about that. Have fun with th e8s power 71 (I know I am )
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2011, 06:04 PM
Build, Fly, Maintain, Repeat..
mirored's Avatar
United States, VA, Alexandria
Joined Nov 2008
2,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post
if you are happy with the power you are getting with a smaller prop, stick with it. you will have longer flight times and be easier on the motor. i just needed the 20x10 (or 20x11) to get my power up to 2000 watts. it is really dependent on your battery packs and where you are in the country.



again, depends on where you are located. in ohio, i got 93 amps and 2100 watts, so i would expect somewhere in that range for you. just see how it feels in the air
I received my mejzlik 20x11e prop. I get nearly the same power and amerage as with the APC 19-10, which is fine with me. Nearly 2000 watts and 90 amps. The real noticable difference is the rapid acceleration. I have a Buick Grand National, and turbo spooling is what I thought of when I ran the Slick today, quick spooling, goes fast quickly, wins races.

I also moved the rudder servo to the back, took away the pull-pull. I was pushed up to the spar tube with the battery. Now it's a few inches forward and balances nicely.

Now I just need some decent flying weather, get rid of this dang wind.
mirored is offline Find More Posts by mirored
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2011, 06:57 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Just put 30min epoxy on one side (the other didnt come loose today) will fix that when it brakes free gaain. I hope the 30 min will hold it this time as medium CA isnt doing the trick



OUCH sorry to hear about that. Have fun with th e8s power 71 (I know I am )
CA is definitely more brittle than epoxy is, which is why I like epoxy in high stress areas....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2011, 07:00 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirored View Post
I received my mejzlik 20x11e prop. I get nearly the same power and amerage as with the APC 19-10, which is fine with me. Nearly 2000 watts and 90 amps. The real noticable difference is the rapid acceleration. I have a Buick Grand National, and turbo spooling is what I thought of when I ran the Slick today, quick spooling, goes fast quickly, wins races.

I also moved the rudder servo to the back, took away the pull-pull. I was pushed up to the spar tube with the battery. Now it's a few inches forward and balances nicely.

Now I just need some decent flying weather, get rid of this dang wind.
glad you like it! you really can feel the difference
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2011, 09:11 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
CA is definitely more brittle than epoxy is, which is why I like epoxy in high stress areas....

SteveT
Yeah I just put some thin CA on the balsa sheeting around that area too. It helped take some of the flexing out. Just hope it works. Will find out tomorrow morning
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2011, 09:13 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Yeah I just put some thin CA on the balsa sheeting around that area too. It helped take some of the flexing out. Just hope it works. Will find out tomorrow morning
Actually, you want a bit of flex....flex bends instead of breaking. Just think of a weeping willow tree in the wind, they don't break.... big oaks do, because they are rigid...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2011, 09:21 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
weirdly enough its still flexing a bit
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2011, 09:57 PM
Registered User
grubby's Avatar
Denver Colorado
Joined Jan 2010
921 Posts
Losi what motor are you running?

And what flight times are you getting.

Im really interested in seeing what setups people are using running 8S, also what type of times they are getting when flying.
grubby is offline Find More Posts by grubby
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2011, 10:03 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
I'm running a motrofly 4325 310KV motor with a 18x8E prop (just switch to a mejzlik CF 18x8 and man its awesome)

Useing 4s 25C 4000mah Gen Ace batteries and getting 7 minute flight times out of it

I couldn't ask for a better setup
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll 3D hobby shop 51" slick or 55" SHP? appleflyer 3D Flying 24 Mar 24, 2009 07:29 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop's AJ Slick Clark Warfel Electric Plane Talk 3 May 08, 2008 08:31 AM