HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2009, 09:46 PM
Faster!
United States, NV, Sparks
Joined Oct 2004
1,154 Posts
Alert
!! OMG, Coal Industry uses "Stock" photos on website. OMG!!!

While channel surfing, I accidentally stumbled upon the Rachel Maddow Show:

It turns out the the Coal Industry has launched an add campaign to boost their public image in the shadow of the demonization handed out by environmentalists and our new administration. Claiming that everyday people make up and support the Coal Industry, the website displays every day people doing every day things. But, oh my gosh, get this, the photo's on the web site are stock photos!!! Bought from another website and posted on their own website! Those evil SOBs, making it look like normal people support their industry. Everyone knows that the Coal Industry is made up of demons, orks, and rich white guys. I mean, never in the history of advertisement has anyone used a stock photo. Disgusting.

Darn Coal Industry, who do they think they are providing us with jobs, electricity and a huge tax base. Jerks.
Joshua Wesley is offline Find More Posts by Joshua Wesley
Last edited by Joshua Wesley; Aug 27, 2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 09:59 PM
Pedal Power!
the lake
Joined Oct 2002
1,095 Posts
Do you think we need a sarcasm smiley? just in case people don't get it?

lakedude is offline Find More Posts by lakedude
Old Aug 27, 2009, 10:01 PM
Faster!
Joined Oct 2004
1,154 Posts
Ooo... ya, I'll get on that.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 10:01 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,774 Posts
They're not evil, they're just CHEAP. Stock photos cost nothing compared to paying a professional photographer to photograph paid models for advertising.

There's so many photos now in cyberspace that they have practically no value. There's so many of them that I don't even think people actually take the photos anymore, they're all automatically generated by computer controlled cameras.
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Aug 27, 2009, 10:02 PM
Faster!
Joined Oct 2004
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee
They're not evil, they're just CHEAP. Stock photos cost nothing compared to paying a professional photographer to photograph paid models for advertising.

There's so many photos now in cyberspace that they have practically no value. There's so many of them that I don't even think people actually take the photos anymore, they're all automatically generated by computer controlled cameras.
BINGO!
Old Aug 27, 2009, 10:09 PM
Suspended Account
Right here in the middle of the fly over zone
Joined Aug 2009
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee

Not to mention the time saved in preparing and releases and other garbage.

Some people will have a problem with it same as they do with copy paste and other useful to humans tech.

Go figure.

WMW
WildManWillie is offline Find More Posts by WildManWillie
Old Aug 27, 2009, 10:17 PM
Registered User Wannabe
Southwest Mississippi, USA
Joined Jan 2008
1,529 Posts
less of a carbon footprint by using stock photos... I applaud the company's obvious environmental concern.
rodneygt is offline Find More Posts by rodneygt