HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2009, 11:13 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,827 Posts
Discussion
could use some advice

HELLO My Name is Don. To some the Rustbucket.
I am looking into maybe picking up one of small mini SH 60 choppers. I think it would look good on my DDG Destroyer at about 6 ft . TO set it up to fly off of the stearn deck.

OK what would be a good one to look into and what kind of problems could I run into . I have never flown one at all. I know RC ships and trucks all electric. I am a general modeler so THE one I am looking at is about 6" or more long. ?

So could use any advice from any of you that have the small choppers. HOW hard are they learn to fly and can you get parts for the smaller one.

I remember when the first ones came out there was a lot of problems with braking rotors and shafts just from small hits. THEN later I saw they held up much better. I use to see them when others would pick one up from the Hobbie shop that we race at here in Portland .

SO right now I am looking for advice and the sight has allways been good in help. SO now I am asking .
Thankyou
DON IN Portland
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2009, 11:52 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
A lot of guys are doings scale jobs in the Micro section of RC Groups. Coaxials and the Walkeras are good candidates.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Aug 27, 2009, 12:09 AM
My other addiction!
Marysville, Ca., US
Joined Jan 2007
1,688 Posts
Post lacked relevance. Sorry.
norcalheli is offline Find More Posts by norcalheli
Old Aug 27, 2009, 12:29 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,381 Posts
Wanna heli to fly off the deck of a 6' model ship? MCX. Any larger would be out of scale. But you'll have to wait until there is ZERO wind, or the MCX will fly off the deck uncommanded and into the water where it will be instantly destroyed electrically.

Oh, and I wouldn't attempt deck landings outside drydock.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab